Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Snake Venom - Does it need changing?
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2018 at 5:19 AM
DestKitteh
I did a tally on the snake venom quest a few times. I found that it's 30-31 rounds of 5 x quick whack + 1 bush, just to get a snake to appear.

Someone commented in chat last night (Forgot your name, I apologise) mentioned about the snake venom for the antidote, and if it seems to be getting longer.

It is! I usually try to have 5 of the red packs in my inventory at all times as a back up, because out of 26k energy, if I have to do 2 egg activities (grown up/hatch; hatch/grow up), I will usually run out of energy to be able to complete the second task.

I would appreciate thoughts on this, and if we should ask the devs to consider changing how the quest works/how many bushes we need to whack.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2018 at 6:58 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I have noticed it does seem to take longer to finish this quest. I did this one a couple of days ago and finished at least 2 other quests before finally completing this one. I didn't keep track of it like you did, but will the next time.

It does seems to be out of line with other quests that have 20+ quests items. I have notice those with 10 or less have slower drop rates than those with 20 items. The snake venom seems to be an exception.

I usually do 2 quests at a time, sometimes 3 if I have one like the snake because I know it will take longer to finish. I hope this made sense.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2018 at 7:59 AM
Flybaby
I have always noticed that this is a long quest, but more often than not, I whack up 2, so I guess that sort of makes up for it.

I always do as many quests as is available (usually in the morning when I have a full meter of energy). It works well for me.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2018 at 8:24 AM
Raymond
the randomness of it taking anything from the very lucky only 15 spawns to the very unlucky 30 spawns just makes it impossible to have any uniformity in saying how much this particular quest takes.

plus over time, for spawning quests, as ones base energy grows with level, it does take more whacks for spawning quests, but more then made up by the extra energy one has available.

I will try to see if i have recorded the number of bushes some quest took way back when say my bushes were 20 instead of the current 42. it is noticeable especially if one actually counts bushes, not quick whacks. it is after all a function of energy used, so technically if one really wanted to know truth one would have to go to mysterious forest first field where bushes are all 1 energy and count whacks there, nobody is going to do this. I tried once for i think a St Pats day event thing but gave up before even one single occurrence.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2018 at 3:10 PM
Last Edited August 19th 2018 at 6:38 PM
Russel Denton
ok lets make a few things clear ok, we are talking about the snake venom/antidote, from Misty, ths quest requires you to whack up 30 anitdote vials and you can get 1-2 vials froma snake per whack, this is a pain in the rear i too have querried about this on forum a yera ago or so, i suggeste dto make it equal like perhaps 2 vials per whack of a snake, not random like 1 from ne snake and 2 from another,

now here is where it gets a bit confusing.....SPOILERS ALERT - there is another quest in the recent Jungle hub that requires getting snake venom and is a exact copy of the anitdote one and that is random too,

i hope they change it but i doubt it they will, like the old saying " IF IT AIN'T BROKE , DON'T FIX IT" if you know what i mean lol
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 19th 2018 at 11:36 AM
Last Edited August 19th 2018 at 11:43 AM
Demanx
I also notice that, most of the quests even like the cracked crystals seem to need 3/4 quick whacks for the rocks to appear while snake bite seems to need more quick whacks for the snakes to appear. and yes when you have to do two growing quests in the same day is almost guaranteed you won't able to complete them if you get Snake Bite quest.
I wonder if they designed this quest to counter-balance the Soothing Kelp one which can be done almost imediatelly...
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 19th 2018 at 2:03 PM
Duckie
Wonderful to know that I'll have a new snake venom quest to look forward to!! (said in the most sarcastic voice humanly possible) haha. I only do Misty's venom quest when I'm working on a unique pet for my collection. I hate those snakes. HAHA.
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2018 at 8:00 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I suspect that the devs use Intermittent Reinforcement. I'm guessing that is part of the charm of the game. Intermittent Reinforcement can be annoying because our expectations don't get met exactly when we think they should be met.

However that is also part of the continued challenge and the fact that we cant take the game for granted. I'm betting the longer drop rate is part of that.

If you are interested in Intermittent Reinforcement it can be googled. BF Skinner was the originator of the idea. There is probably much more known about the phenomenon now so as a game developing tool it is probably much more complex.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2018 at 8:23 AM
Rebecca Beattie
PS... I think you've been talking about how drop rates affect each other. I normally play before bed or before Im awake in the morning... sooo... Im not really following.. But I think Im seeing the task drops slow down puzzle piece drops.. is that what you are talking about?
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2018 at 9:44 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Rebecca
I love your insights. I think they are interesting. You sent me down a rabbit trail and I learned something new :)
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2018 at 7:02 PM
Last Edited August 21st 2018 at 7:04 PM
Demanx
@Rebecca the drop rates are more noticeable in the days when you can do two Misty tasks(when the Egg hatches or when the companion is ready to go with you) if one of the tasks is the Snake bite one the probability of doing both tasks decreases drastically unless you gain energy somewhere or have friend whacks to spend. I don't know aobut the other Snake bite task as I haven'r arrive there yet ahah

We were also comparing it to other tasks other tasks which need a certain number of quick whacks for the thing to appear.
but as I said I guess this task was put to balance with the Soothing Kelp one which is almost immediate to be done.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2018 at 8:45 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Army... Thanks

Demanx I guess my brain is dusty... Took me two go rounds to read you post and understand... I've just always accepted that the snake venom takes longer... But I am not the power player that some of you are.... My game progress has improved lately because of tips here on the MB thank you all
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2018 at 4:39 AM
Flybaby
Just weighing in on this topic. I'm playing this quest again today, and it's only taking 5 quick whacks per spawn pop up. I'm getting 1-2 snake venom per quick whack, so not too bad. If it's taking longer than that, then I would put in a ticket. Wondering if the snakes are just harder to see in certain areas that have a lot of greenery. I'm playing in Flux 7 which has a yellow background. Easy to see them.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2018 at 11:38 AM
phagras
Snake venom has always seemed the most annoying stop-and-whack. I always skip it unless I have a quester's boon on the go.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2018 at 9:50 AM
Barbara Tompkins
I had a snake venom yesterday...I am glad we don't get them often. Moreover,,I also get them pretty quick every 4-5 whacks with 1-2 venom drop.So not bad.I too have to go in diff color field or flux to see them.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2018 at 11:56 AM
Raymond
if they ever implement my idea, first mentioned to them perhaps 2000 days ago, to allow us to say 'no thanks' to a quest offering and have the rng re-roll a new offering (which of copurse could possibly still be the same one that you do not want), then this would be no issue. everyone would reject snake venom and 83% of the time get something else.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2018 at 8:49 PM
Duckie
I don't like the idea of "re-rolling" quests. Part of the game is not knowing what you're going to do that day.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 6th 2018 at 1:22 PM
Rebecca Beattie
Maybe rerolling quests could have a price or be reserved as a VIP option/feature