Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
How to win friends and influence people
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 12:36 PM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 12:36 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Kate....

VERY !!!!! well said.....and right to the point with a good ideas etc...

huh for the spelling,, I would let it slip right off my face,,, cause no one is perfect..hahaha

just saying....

H a p p y whacking...(^_^).........
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 12:36 PM
Russel Denton
im just going to say a few things,

- i hope after this little incident that the devs do some research and look to see if Royal has any alt accounts, and punish him if he is found guilty

- i also hope that the devs DO NOT reset Kate's (AQUAFISHY'S) trophies cause she has rightfully earned those both honestly and with hard work

- as for Nick's little "fopar" he has apologised and has realised his mistake/s

and lastly i hope this little incident will be the last of the recent attacks on some very respected players who has worked their asses off, and has also contributed valuable input into this game
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 12:39 PM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 1:50 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Russel..

NICELY stated !!!!!

I like the word..''''faux pas'''''..It says it all....:)
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 2:37 PM
phagras
A couple of people on Kong have that same value for their pottery. It's probably the largest integer that field in the database can hold and I have no reason to think those people cheated in any way to get there. Personally I can't be arsed to truck back & forth to Natalie's several times a day so respect to those who have managed it.

Nick made a flippant comment, if he had made it in person it would probably have been obvious it was a joke. He has apologised, I don't believe there's a single person here who hasn't misspoken or had something they've said misunderstood at some point. Anger should be directed at the person abusing Kate, not the hard working devs.

Having alt accounts to play the game several times isn't against the rules and I don't see why it should be. This isn't a competition between players so there's no "advantage" to be gained, just more time to lose in the game.

Having alt accounts to harass or abuse other players "anonymously" is absolutely not OK. Nor is it OK to do so from your regular account of course. I support the removal of accounts alt or otherwise which have been used to harass other players.
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 2:59 PM
TsukasaWM
I'm going to keep light on the details but the council did report on the alts/harassment last week with a different issues and Nick did let the council know today the harassing alts were investigated earlier and suspended/banned. Not going to say any more then that since I don't know if there's a reason he didn't say it in public or just hasn't had a chance. Hopefully I'm not crossing lines saying even that much, but wanted to quell some concern from people bringing it up.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 4:33 PM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 4:38 PM
ArmyMomOkc
TsukasaWM
I appreciate you sharing what you were able with us. I do hope if it is the person many of us suspect, a person who has mentioned many times being a council member, is removed from the council as well. I do not expect a response. Only that you pass it on & if it hasn't already been done that they are removed.
Thank you
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 3:59 AM
jpl77
ArmyMomOkc I'm not sure who you are referencing but there are no members on the BW2 who are cheating and/or harassing other players, AFAIK. I am on the council and have been accused of having a fake account and I have been accused of cheating before, but not to the extent of the attacks on AquaFishy (Kate). If there are other players now claiming to be part of the council, that misrepresentation needs to be handled and dealt with accordingly by the Devs.

----

Not a formal announcement, but for knowledge of the community and those who are participating in this thread, there has been action taken:

A player's main account has received a ban period up to 1 month. Previously it was two weeks, but this person was found avoiding the ban (ban evasion).

This person was proven to have at least 4 alternate accounts which have been permanently banned from both chat and the forums.

CNE has stated "We will continue to take an aggressive stance on this until members of the community are no longer feeling harassed or maligned. If you spot any other new rabble-rousers trying to stir stuff up, please report it."

And when reporting a person or known alt-accounts:
don't confront or discuss them in public, chat or the forums.
don't feed the Trolls - ignore them and let the Devs handle it
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 6:37 AM
Last Edited July 27th 2018 at 6:48 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Jason,

I believe you, it makes me feel better to know such a person wouldn't be on the council.

I hope this person learns from their time out. I doubt it, but at least there will be peace for awhile. A month doesn't seem sufficient considering the lengths they went to go around the initial ban, and the intentional emotional harm this person caused.

You are dealing with someone who believes they are smarter than everyone else and has a need to constantly try to prove it. The latest incidents are evidence of that behavior.

Thank you
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 6:46 AM
Last Edited July 27th 2018 at 7:23 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I would have to do a search of the forum to find his statements about being part of the council. It could have been just bragging, which also fits this person. if I find it I will report it privately.

PS.. I hope his harassment of me in the "Twilight Minion?" thread was noted in list of people he attacked using an alternate account.

He can't see my stats because I play in Bf, but he has constantly questioned how it is possible I have progressed at the rate I have, so add me to list of players harassed.

There are many others (some who have commented in this thread) who have put up with this person for many years. There isn't a way to mute a person in the forum. How some of them have stood it for so long I have no idea. He chased me away for awhile just because of the drama, even though not directed at me it was too much.

It's been said we have some strong personalities in this forum. Some with good intentions, others who seem to delight in causing trouble.

I felt a need to be heard. Thank you all
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 9:36 AM
Flybaby
This particular poster had chased me away from this forum too for a short while ... that was a couple years back. But I came back to this forum because of the many other nice people that post here. I also found this forum to be so much better than the other one in the sense that the devs who run this forum are very fair, and don't rush to judgement. They allow us the freedom to express our opinions, post links, and even discuss other websites, without rushing to delete posts at every turn, like the other forum did. I want to thank the devs for all that they do for us, as I know it isn't easy to micro-manage everyone who posts here.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 9:51 AM
Last Edited July 27th 2018 at 10:31 AM
Duckie
Here is the link to the CNE blog post naming all the members of the current council:

http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=blog&category_id=2 (sorry link does not work.. but search the blog archives for "council" and you will get the list)

I use the name "Duckie" here, but I am "DuckandLion" on Big Fish. As a member of the council, I can confirm what Jason has posted and agree there are no members of the council who are acting in any inappropriate manner within the game. I feel our duty is to aid players and to assist the devs in any capacity they need. Thus, we are all very passionate about this game and do not appreciate anyone who disrupts the experience for anyone on any platform.
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 9:57 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I agree that some of the enduring cHarm of BW2 is the forum and the heart and soul of the devs. (thus my game title) not that I really know how to change it.. lol.. but guess i dont really want to.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 10:01 AM
Rebecca Beattie
ps thank you for the link and access to the council member list
Post by Barbara Tompkins deleted July 27th 2018 at 10:38 AM
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 10:12 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I used the search bar and searched "council"
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 10:22 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Duckie

I guessed it was you :) I read the list of members and the ones I know are good people. Thank you for sharing with us.

(I also found the list by searching for council)
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 10:26 AM
Last Edited July 27th 2018 at 10:28 AM
Barbara Tompkins
Rebecca

Thank you,, I did not think of seach.sorry..

ok the FB ones are all good ppl..I know them all....

the others I dont know.....but I amsure they are good as well......

just saying...
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 10:30 AM
Kate (aquafishy)
To quickly address this comment to my post:
"that you think I asked specifically about you shows you have a thin skin and are feeling guilty or something."
I wasn't even in chat and thought nothing of the sort, it was the mass of emails and messages from concerned and outraged players that embroiled me in the mess.
I am glad issue has been addressed.

Justin, if you are about anywhere, you are so missed :D I still am waiting for a response to my ticket, hopefully programmers are trying to figure out how to do it. I do look forward to a new challenge :D
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 10:36 AM
Last Edited July 27th 2018 at 12:03 PM
Barbara Tompkins
''''''''''''''' I sure do miss Justin so much'''''''''''

The game does not seem to be the same anyyyy moreeeee. IT IS SO SAD..!!!!! to see all this crappppppp going on.

I too have been harassed by someone in BW2 chat and forums but ,,,,,,,,,,,,that is all I will say....(censored)...... Moreover there is favouritism and it still exists (my opinion).. SOOO,, there is NOT a thing I can or could do about it...Eventhough I sent in a ticket ''about it''.............................no comment on that either..

HUGZ to all those involved in this childish manner...

I LOVE the new stuff being put out by dev's......so I am still enjoying what I can,,,, for now....
HAPPY WHACKING PEEPS (^_^)......
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2018 at 10:45 AM
Rebecca Beattie
lets just get the topics changed out and start up new threads and new directions for old threads... Or alternatively look at the good that has come from this.

I know I've learned a good deal and gotten to know a few people better. So that's some of the good for me. I've also reaffirmed my faith in the devs