Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
How to win friends and influence people
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:05 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 9:09 AM
Flybaby
What first raised a red flag for me, is that someone at level 179 (and hardly any achievements finished) would not yet have played in the High Jungle or have any knowledge about the quarries, as this person stated so adamantly on another thread. Just saying ...

Edit: Lol Rebecca. You and I think alike, and must have posted at the same time.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:10 AM
Barbara Tompkins
Flybaby & Rebecca

I say ...YOU are missing the point here...there are 2 ppl that have the same score for the same trophy item......2,147,483,647...

Nick has no right to say foul play....

just saying..
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:11 AM
Rebecca Beattie
OK, next question for Barbara, how did you find find the score for the trophy items.. I cant figure out how to find that...
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:17 AM
Barbara Tompkins
Rebecca...

go to trophies from Natalie.. and compare your score with f's on ur list..That is how I saw the SAME count etc..AND IT IS FOR POTTERY.....
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:17 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Barbara: I want to overlook Nicks comment. I wasnt in the chat and I suspect he spoke too quickly and with out thinking it through. I suspect he simply made an error in chatting judgement. Even Devs have their frustrations and things where they are imperfect.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:18 AM
Rebecca Beattie
thanks Barbara... I must have had a memory of that as Im making my way there now... changing screens in BW2 is slow on my system
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:25 AM
Flybaby
Barbara, We don't know the whole conversation between Nick and this alternate poster (and I think we all figured out who it is). We only saw a small bit of it posted. Unfortunately, the reality is that there are cheaters in this world, and it's possible that all Nick meant, is that there is no way for him to tell legitimate play from auto cheat programs (which is something that we have all heard one particular player mention using for fishing because he didn't feel like doing the clicking). If Nick didn't believe the legitimacy of scores, he would have reset them long ago. But he is more than likely giving players the benefit of the doubt by leaving the scores alone.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:28 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 9:31 AM
Barbara Tompkins
YOUR welcome Rebecca...

I will NOT over look his comment IF he said...it in chat or by ticket.. to Royal whatever..

This attitude from any dev in any game is not appropriate...to say the least.
He seems to be on the ball all the time in chat....etc...so there is no excuse for this comment.....at all.

Just look and think at what it started...here..and I do know the real culprit of this nonsense...I think we all do....hmm

'''just saying ''' what my instincts tell me....
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:29 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I just looked at it and yes its a game thing the 2,147,483,647 is an assigned number of years for the age of a piece of pottery. It appears Nick may have misunderstood and mis-spoke. I'm only a player and, yes, I had trouble understanding what the stat was. Nick is a Dev and we probably would love it if he instantly recognized each stat referenced and responded appropriately in chat. I just want to remind people that skilled Tolls are good at getting others to mis-speak and also good at using our humanness and imperfection to help us turn on each other.

I know that I may be helping to fuel our troll with the attention here but maybe its important to help us all be forgiving of each other and the devs and all the folk here to have fun.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:32 AM
Rebecca Beattie
PS I think that number is also the current top number for the futuristic device.. This little exploration is kind of fun
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:36 AM
Rebecca Beattie
oops just found a very similar number for the gold nugget and the old fossil
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:55 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hello Bush Whackers,

I'd like to apologize for what I said in chat yesterday, regarding how trophies could reach properties as high as 2,147,483,647:

"Royal Tl Leonardo: why do some people have trophys 2,147,483,647 large
[Dev] Nick Pettyjohn: I'm not sure if there's foul play a-foot, or if they've just been grinding for the trophies."

It was wrong of me to suggest "foul play" as a option without any evidence. I responded to the question in a broad and speculative way, without first considering what my answer might do to players with said trophy properties.

Sincerely,
Nick
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 10:38 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 11:00 AM
Barbara Tompkins
I say,,, apparently the damage has been done...to GOOD ppl in question AND not to those that have caused this pettiness..

ONE can forgive,,, BUT,,,, it is hard to FORGET. I remember someone saying that in chat..hmmm ...I wonder if HE remembers saying as such..
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 10:47 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I think its time to forgive and my hats off to Nick for stepping up... Im guessing he will remember this in the future and try to do better.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 11:03 AM
Duckie
**HUGS** to Kate

I've learned the hard way through another game that there is no way to defend yourself against someone who just wants to stir up trouble. I also understand how very difficult it is to let all the comments slide off your back.

BW2 is such a fun refuge for me that I wish the same to everyone. This game is so clever, witty and fun that nobody should leave it without a smile on their face.

We've got some very high trophy numbers on Big Fish and I applaud those people. It took a lot of time, effort and skill to get there. Kate, you should be proud of your game achievements and keep striving for better.

**HUGS** to Nick because we blondes over on BF totally understand chat miss-speak.. We'll give you a wig and let you join our club.. but you have to be ditzy at least once a day :)
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 11:04 AM
TsukasaWM
Honestly I think people took Nick's comment way out of context and made assumptions on what he was implying. All he was trying to say, in my opinion at least was that he didn't know at time why they would have a number that big. He should have probably phrased that better, I agree but I think people jumped the gun on accusations here.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 11:25 AM
Flybaby
Nick, it was very nice of you to post, and put this to rest. I had a feeling that you didn't mean it the way it sounded. It's so easy to do when texting, and I think giving the benefit of the doubt works both ways.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 11:27 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 11:29 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Duckie
Hugs :) Very well said. I'm usually only in chat for the dev chat. I have been fortunate to have been only in chats that were been fun and informative.

Nick
Thank you for stepping in and clarifying. I agree with Duckie about making you an honorary blonde :)

The "pot stirrer" has been silent through all of this and I hope he stays that way.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 11:35 AM
Kate (aquafishy)
Hi nick, yes, I agree you and Rayal certainly were inappropriate in chat. BTW, Rayal appears to be a player with multiple accounts, I assume you'll be doing something about that and folks here will report his profiles to facebook. Me personally, I don't go in for that kind of sabotage or comment, but more power to the folks who are upset.

Codename Entertainment needs a corporate sit down and at least a 4 hour sensitivity training session. You guys might want to get on that.

I appreciate your reply to this thread to explain and excuse your actions, but would much rather hear that you have reset my trophy count at Natalie's house, save the squid, as I am still trying to get that achievement. I await your response to my ticket.

Have a bush whacker of a day.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 12:22 PM
Flybaby
Kate, I get a kick out of your spelling. Rayal vs Royal. Is that a Freudian slip? LOL