Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
How to win friends and influence people
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 25th 2018 at 7:05 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
Hi folks ! I am channeling my inner Dale Carnegie tonight, after the influx of emails and private messages I received today concerning a comment in chat. This comment is pretty typical:

today in chat somone was complaing to the devs about 'why do some people have trophies at 2,700,000 etc'and nick replied he didn't know if they are grinding or if they are cheating

I have no idea what grinding means, but I suspect it means doing the acutal work, and I sure as heck am familiar with the concept of people accusing me of cheating. It's been happening for a very long time, and frankly, it gets boring. You just need to do the work, figure out the runes, "grind" away at producing awesome mounts and pets, change your rune/mount/pet setup to be advantageous when required, and play a lot. I consider the game inherently flawed now, because it is easy to create a set up that creates a positive energy and mana flow - unending play. Believe me, it's a LOT quicker to play just spending mana, much quicker than quick whacking, so I get the chance to whack a lot more bushes in a smaller amount of time. Regardless, I would like to assure you that cheating is not involved.

In the spirit of goodwill, I would like to formally request of the devs that they reset my tropy item counts in Natalie's house to ZERO for all except the giant squid, as I am still trying to get the chthulu achievement :D, or if it's easier and would cause less trouble, to simply remove my name from all scoreboards. I don't care about the scoreboards, I just like the game. I like puzzles, I like to figure out how to do things well.

Please know that I am quite serious about this folks, and happy whacking. I will send a ticket to Nick as well making the request.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 25th 2018 at 9:54 PM
Russel Denton
Hi Aqua fishy/Kate Vallis, DO NOT bow down to those whingers and complainers, you have rightfully earned those trophies/rewards, who cares if a couple of cry-babies whinge about you and other high ranking, players, if they can't be bothered to put in the effort in the game , then let them suffer
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 25th 2018 at 10:25 PM
Royal Tl Leonardo
it was me who innocently asked how it was possible.
it was nick who suggested possible cheating.
that you think I asked specifically about you shows you have a thin skin and are feeling guilty or something.
that russel thinks anyone is complaining is unwarranted as he knows nothing about the exchange discussed.

Royal Tl Leonardo: why do some people have trophys 2,147,483,647 large
[Dev] Nick Pettyjohn: I'm not sure if there's foul play a-foot, or if they've just been grinding for the trophies.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 25th 2018 at 11:24 PM
Last Edited July 25th 2018 at 11:31 PM
Russel Denton
To Royal TL Leonardo

Sorry if i offended you,

but it not just your comment which has upset Kate Vallis by the looks, it’s everyone else who has in past years, in events (particularly) and new zones (not that much) that has queried/accused or even mentioned on chat that Kate or any high ranking player/s cheat to get to such high progress, and most of the time it is some other high level player that plays this game with little to no effort, and make such comments which has annoyed Kate and those high ranking players who ACTUALLY put in maximum effort to play this game.

To succeed at this game you need the following:

To use the right rune set-up, pets and trinkets, so simple too, so instead of wasting time complaining about other players put the effort into your game play instead.
Post by James Kingston deleted July 26th 2018 at 12:23 AM
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 4:38 AM
Flybaby
@ Kate, I'm sorry for your troubles. Don't let other players get to you. Have fun playing the game and be proud of what you've achieved. My advice: Keep away from chat. There are many so called "clicks" of friends, and they can turn on you.
Post by Flybaby deleted July 26th 2018 at 4:52 AM
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 4:47 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 4:49 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Bravo Russel & Flybaby!

Kate
Don't let people like royal who make comments like that bully you. It has taken me awhile but I finally figured out how to do well in this game. I get occasional grief from players like royal, actually he harassed me in this forum this week.
I play on a different platform so my stats can't be seen in here. I have earned every trophy and achievement I have by putting in hours a day of honest play.
Hang in there, advice and input from experienced players is needed. I have learned a lot from them. Most have been very gracious and encouraging.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 4:50 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I have wondered if royal is an alternate account for someone...
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 4:54 AM
Flybaby
I accidentally removed a post in which I left food for thought: A leopard by any other name is still a leopard, and a leopard can't change his spots.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 5:08 AM
ArmyMomOkc
That's what I'm thinking. The number of days played compared to the progress suggest it is an alternate account....
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 5:09 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Oh well, back to Kate. Keep your stats and trophies you earned them. :)
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 8:25 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 8:51 AM
Barbara Tompkins
Kate

1.Do NOT stay out of chat..that is childness.
2.There are many (censored) WHINERS/bullies/miserable ppl in BW2...IGNORE THEM.
3..KEEP PLAYING and be proud of what you have achieved.
4.If it was Nick that said (foul play a-foot)...what does that tell you about that PERSON....(I am shocked that '''IT ''said something like that).It makes one wonder about the game then.. for a comment LIKE THAT from a DEVELOPER..from any game..
5..Royal (alternate account I bet)....to me sures acts like someone else on BW2.that is a high achiever...for achievements...haha I would love to name names.....but that person knows who he is.

6.PLAY PLAY PLAY THE GAME AND HAVE FUN...YOU ARE VERY GOOD AT THIS GAME....CASE CLOSED...

'''''I bow too you,,,for what you have achieved''''' YOU GO GIRL....HUGZZ

I hope Kate reads this...there is something I noticed that I would like to inform her..of...I will not state it here...

''UPDATE'''' HAHA WELL WELL WELL.....THERE SEEMS TO BE 2 PPL THAT HAVE THE SAME COUNT AND OR SCORE FOR the same trophy item.......'''''

Now,,,you tell me that is THAT cheating. I THINK NOT !!!!!! ....IT IS A GAME THING....PPL..
case closed....
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 8:26 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Hang in there. Things said in chat need to be able to be forgotten because they are too often said too quickly. There are way too many ways to get things wrong in chat and message boards. Even in RL I get stuff wrong with people. So pay attention to people who say good things and let the other stuff go. If you give up your stats people like me will loose something to wonder about. I see your stats and am curious about how you did it. Im not VIP and my time in the game is limited so I dont ask for tips ... but it sparks my imagination . For a short time i played VIP and got a small window into how you might be doing it.

So hang in there.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 8:30 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 8:35 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Army I can see that Royal currently only has 4 posts. but how do you see his level? or did you say progress in the game?

OK.. edit.. based on the content of Royals posts it looks like Royal has been "lurking" for quite a while which I do find unlikely as Royal also seems to post without thinking. Its unlikely that Royal could lurk as it means reading the message board and not posting. So alternate account seems likely.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 8:48 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Rebecca if you click on a posters name and they play in FB it shows their stats. I play in Big Fish so it doesn't show anything.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 8:55 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Barbara :)
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 8:56 AM
Rebecca Beattie
thanks.. will try it
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 8:58 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2018 at 9:06 AM
Barbara Tompkins
FYI:

READ BELOW..(Royal ??? or whatever/whoever you are,, read below)....

'''UPDATE'''' HAHA,,, WELL WELL WELL.....THERE SEEMS TO BE 2 PPL THAT HAVE THE SAME COUNT AND OR SCORE FOR the same trophy item.......'''''2,147,483,647.

Now,,,you tell me that is THAT cheating. I THINK NOT !!!!!! ....IT IS A GAME THING....PPL.

Nick should be aware of this...not assuming foul play.......

case closed....
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2018 at 9:05 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I see Royal has 4 posts is level 179 claims to own more than 300 hats and has knowledge of flux dust and the quarries that are way beyond level 179 knowledge as far as i can tell.

This has been interesting. I've never thought to look at checking a posters credibility before. thank you all for this lesson