Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Generation 8 eggs
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 2:38 PM
sfergu4127
I have gotten 7 eggs hatched and now I keep getting repeats. Is there something to do to get the other 3 eggs?
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 2:41 PM
ArmyMomOkc
You have to purchase them from the PAGAS guy right below Misty in the commons
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 2:42 PM
Erika/Alyniana
The egg drops are random. You just keep rejecting eggs you find in the bushes until you get the ones you want.

If you want to control what egg you hatch, then you can purchase the eggs from PAGAs for DNA.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 2:43 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Here are some of them... https://prnt.sc/jdf1er
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 2:47 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I said have to when I should have said can, I was thinking you had gotten all of the regular gen 8. The others I got in PAGAS like Erika said.
I haven't gotten a rare egg in a satchel in a very long time.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 2:53 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Erika, I thought you only got the regular gen 8's in the bushes. Can you get one of the others like the purple opossum? I ask because I'm stuck getting repeats too. I have been hatching some of them for DNA. No luck on getting any others, even one from an older gen I hatched just for something different.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 2:54 PM
Raymond
satchel eggs are not of gen 8, only gen 1-7 and you can only get one for a pet if you do not have 2 or more of that pet and you do not already have a satchel egg for it (only can have one of any satchel egg for any pet).
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 3:02 PM
Last Edited May 3rd 2018 at 3:07 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I only have one of each of the regular gen 8s hatched. Also, only one each of those others I bought. The only eggs I have are 1-7. I don't have gen 8 eggs in my inventory. I haven't gotten a satchel egg since the gen 8s were released. I haven't gotten any gen 8s from the bushes either. I only get one when I do find an egg for Misty. Since we have to hatch or lose it I haven't built an inventory.

edit - I am missing one gen 3 egg. I keep hoping I will get another some day.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 3:09 PM
ArmyMomOkc
@ Raymond, I am having an multi edit day. ugh.

@ sfergu - Sorry didn't mean to highjack your post.

@ Erika - why am I only getting Misty eggs? lol jk, thank you
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 3:12 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ ArmyMomOkc:

You need to find the current generation eggs in the bushes.

Once you own 5 of them, then you can start buying them from PAGAs for DNA, and just hand them in to Misty after you start the "Find an Egg" quest, if you don't want the randomness of waiting for an egg to drop and checking with Misty if it's the right one you wanted.

The unique recolours of the generation 8 pets are PAGAs only for the Unique DNA and will not drop from bushes.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 3:18 PM
Raymond
you can not have gen 8 eggs in inventory UNLESS you buy them with dna, they will only become satchel possible when we are doing gen 9 pets. like i said, but in a different way satchel eggs are ONLY of prior gen pets.
you can;t build an inventory of gen 8 unless you buy them. you may have all prior gen pets as 2 or more pets or an egg for all 70 of those so might never get any more, or if you don;t its because satchel eggs are about emerald rare.

p.s. i use dna to get one each of new gen pets (you can do that when you own 5 random ones of the gen) till i have one of every then i just do whatever i whac
k for misty
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 4:13 PM
Last Edited May 3rd 2018 at 4:40 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Raymond,

I'm a little confused because you said something different than Erika did about current gen eggs (not the special ones, I have purchased all of those).

Or maybe you are both saying the same thing in different ways.

I already have all the gen 8 pets hatched, including those only available for DNA in PAGAS. I recently stopped doing find an egg for Misty. I got rid of duplicates for DNA
(I'm keeping 2 of each of the 8 hatched, wish I had done that with 1-7 when I had a chance, something you recommended to me long ago). https://prnt.sc/jdg75q

Appreciate the info from both of you!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2018 at 6:22 PM
Raymond
explain what you are confused about please.

as for my 'recomending' anything, i have only ever said what i do. i got rid of all but one of every prior gen pet, and thus over time have my inventory filled with satchel eggs, now no quest satchel for me will ever have an egg. oh, i do keep a lot of one gen 7 pet, ones that i level to 40 and then release, ones that along with trinkets and runes do what i need them to do. i keep those so i do not have to waste dna on some other pet to change its effect.

and i would not 'stop' doing any pet quests, you get gold or xp and in the end can convert to dna.
Post by Raymond deleted May 4th 2018 at 10:21 AM