Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Can no longer play BW2 via BFG Manager under the Free to Play games section ?
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 2:56 AM
Moonie
I just went to the Free to Play games section of the BFG Manager, and my beloved BW2 is no longer listed! I play another game via the manager, Farmerama, and it is still listed. However, when I open Farmerama, the manager gets closed, so can not play any other game that acts that way; aka closing manager when opening game. I do have a "downloaded" BW2 that is openable via the manager but, that version acts the same as Farmerama, so can not open BOTH at the same time. I despise playing games in browsers, which apparently is the only way to have both of my games open at the same time now ?! WHY! Anyone else experiencing this or have a work around ?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 8:37 AM
Flybaby
Moonie, you don't have to play through the BF manager, just click on this link:

https://www.bigfishgames.com/online-games/21181/bush-whacker-2/index.html

You can also find the game link by going to the BFG website, select online games, then select Adventure games. BW2 will be listed there.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 8:50 AM
Moonie
That will open the game in my browser, which I do not want to play the game in. I used to be able to open BW2 in it's own window separate from any browser or any other program.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 9:16 AM
Flybaby
I play on BF and I use one browser [ie FF] to play my game, and open a different browser to do other things [ie Chrome or IE]. I can even open my MS word program, and I am able to use them all simultaneously and keep all windows open with no problems.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 9:33 AM
Last Edited May 1st 2018 at 9:33 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Moonie,
I play on BF too. I understand what you are saying about playing in the manager. I play this game in my browser so I hadn't noticed the issue in the manager.

Did you put in a ticket with BF? I will try in my manager and if I have the same issue if I will put in a ticket. This is a BF issue so the devs in this forum won't be able to help.

I was very disappointed about the changes BF made. I have been a member since 2008. I chose them because they used to have the best options and game prices. The community forums and game manager were other reasons. I use the game manager for all of my downloaded games.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 9:38 AM
Flybaby
I also use the game manager for all my downloaded games, but for whatever reason (can't remember why), I preferred playing BW2 in my browser. Maybe because it's an online game vs downloaded ???
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 9:40 AM
Moonie
That's the same for me, Army. I have too many tabs and different browsers open for different things as is. I use Chrome for one of my Coral Isle character's, FB Gameroom for the other and another game, Opera for my browsing needs, and FF for when I need to login to gmail to tell them that was me logging in, in some part of the country, because we are truck drivers, connecting to various cell towers all across the country. Not to mention Outlook for email, Excel times 6-8 different files at once for game infos, business infos, etc, calculator, magnifier, notepad, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc... Right now, in Opera, I have 18 tabs open! I do NOT need another tab just for a game, which complicates changing tabs for various needs. I just want to be able to alt tab to BW2 like I used to be able to, and with BFG closing their forums, I'm lost on where to get help with this issue!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 10:00 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Here is the link to submit a BF ticket - https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

I understand, I have 2 browsers and tons of tabs open on my work computer. I play on my laptop at night so it's not such a big issue.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 10:41 AM
Moonie
Thank you for the link, Army. I've submitted a ticket.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 10:54 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Moonie,

You are very welcome! I hope they didn't make a change to the GM without announcing it. I won't be able to check if I have the same problem until later today.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 5:12 PM
sfergu4127
I had the same problem and submitted a ticket to Big Fish and they could not correct the problem so they gave me a free game. I now can only play online. I did like playing through the manager.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 6:11 PM
Last Edited May 2nd 2018 at 3:19 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I'm not surprised they "resolved" it by giving you a game credit. I have had to go back and forth with them several times before to actually get a problem fixed.

However, this is time I don't think support can do anything. I just opened my GM and see they changed it since the last time I used it. It shows they updated the app today. (update is shown on the BFG website)

I'm not excited about the changes they have made.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2018 at 9:00 PM
Moonie
After submitting my ticket, I received a canned response to check online games help, which of course does not help. Why must they insist on "fixing" something that isn't broken ?! Maybe I'll just drop BFG altogether. Tired of the crap.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2018 at 1:14 PM
Flybaby
FYI, I just tried playing BW2 on the BF Game Manager and it worked fine for me.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2018 at 4:31 PM
Moonie
Playing the "downloaded" version works fine, until I try to also open Farmerama at the same time. You can not have both games open at the same time, unless you were playing the BW2 that opened from the "Free to Play Games" section of the BFG Manager, which is no longer there.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2018 at 4:52 PM
Flybaby
That sounds to me like it is a BF issue. I know that change is sometimes hard, but you may want to consider other options that were suggested in this forum. I have played on BF online for years, and have never had problems.