Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29
High Jungle Quest Hub
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 10th 2018 at 5:27 PM
Last Edited July 10th 2018 at 5:53 PM
Raymond
it would be very hard for anyone to be 100% without doing cera proper daily quests for 3-4 months. i myself calculate 61 more days for me and i have been doing digging and dailies since 4/27.

completion is all the quests, AND all those achievements on the progress screen, not necessarily all the achievements in the sack. specifically you have to restore all 31 artifacts and have to buy all 32 cera store items

and from what i can see in your rankings you need to also do the dailies 30 more times
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 2:33 PM
Flybaby
I question why one cannot be at 100% completion when finished with all the story line quests. The achievements have always been optional in the past.
258 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 2:35 PM
Cindy Hefferman
okay..thanks Raymond..wasn't sure, even checked the wiki ....oh and where do you get Tyrant Lizard? I see the skin but cant find HIM
Post by Cindy Hefferman deleted July 11th 2018 at 2:35 PM
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 3:17 PM
Last Edited July 11th 2018 at 3:19 PM
Raymond
flybaby. not so. any area like wild descent, or any nate like atl coatl lair or any kaine like phati plant precipice, anyplace in the world that shows an area progress shows puzzles and quests and custom items (in this case achievements too). ALL of everything in an area progress makes for that area progress.
no other places area progress ever had achievements, so in that case they were optional, but that is different then what is happening here.

my guess is it is intentional to 'piss' off completionists from fast completion. i wish more like this occurs.

cindy. the lizard comes in the cera proper store when you eventually have 32 things in that store. most things for 25 coin, a few for 50 some for 100 i think, and the lizard for 200
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 5:11 PM
Flybaby
Not so, Raymond. I have 100% completion in ALL areas up to this point, and have not completed all of the smaller achievements.

To be more specific ... I'm not talking about completing "QUEST" achievements such as what you mentioned above.

What I'm saying, is that this is the first time we are required to complete "non-quest" achievements such as purchasing All store items, etc, in order to achieve 100% completion for a particular area.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 5:17 PM
Last Edited July 11th 2018 at 5:22 PM
Flybaby
P.S. Raymond. It makes no sense that the devs would intentionally want to (as you said) "pi$$ off completionists from fast completion." If that was the case, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, as no one would want to buy the VIP membership. And it only discourages the little guys who can't keep up.
258 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 5:38 PM
Cindy Hefferman
okay thanks Raymond...lizard can stay buried
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 6:10 PM
Raymond
show me an area progress that is 100% but not all the things in that area progress is done. i doubt you can.

this is not like say the evergreen forest. there one can do upper or lower or both and move on or leave one unstarted or partially finished. but to move on you do have to do all of one of upper or lower but you can leave one undone or not even started. same for swamp with western swamp or eastern swamp or both.

does not matter that this is the first time. THOSE achievements are part of THIS areas progress so this areas progress will not be 100% till everything in this areas area progress is done.

the Devs have to do something to prevent people from completing a whole years worth of programming in a day or a week... I think i did the whole high jungle, including the nate and kaine and sba's in about 2 weeks, without even trying hard. of course i do not mean the added stuff of cera proper and digging, but the high jungle itself.

this is one way. and it is simply visual only. you know you are 'done' when you are done.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 6:45 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Flybaby,
I'm confused, how is this different than the Explorer hub?
It requires the purchase of store items. I'm at 83% and have 3 achievements left to get 100%. I have the store items, number trials and Claudette's Curiosities to do. I have gone back to complete the store item achievement, the other two are tied to each other so I have wait to complete them (16/25 number trials so far).
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 6:53 PM
Last Edited July 11th 2018 at 7:10 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I looked at my progress map and it shows 2 things left to complete. Are you saying the store items is not one of the two? I am comparing the progress map to the list of achievements. I am going to do the on for the store since it's something to do, but really am curious what is really needed for 100%. Not trying to get folks riled up, genuinely just looking for the answer.

PS.. I am still confused about the Claudette acheivement. I have 2/4, I was told chests unlock as progress is made through the trials. So far I have only gotten 1 chest.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 7:02 PM
Flybaby
Are you calling me a liar, Raymond? For your information, I have done both upper and lower evergreen forest, etc, etc, etc, etc, . ... but I have no intention of disputing this with you or taking multiple screenshots to prove my point. I made a very simple comment ... that's all ... I'm not looking for a debate or an argument over it.

You obviously have issues about some players that are completing areas way ahead of you. Why does it matter, if they are willing and able to spend a little money in order to enjoy whatever benefits that the developers themselves are offering?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 7:08 PM
Last Edited July 11th 2018 at 7:17 PM
Flybaby
Armymom, my Claudette achievement is completed. Sorry, but it's been so long that I don't remember the details about it.
PS. Looking back the Explorer Camp may have been the first to include the completion of store item purchases. (Cloudland and Sanctuary did not seem to require it.)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 7:13 PM
Last Edited July 11th 2018 at 7:14 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Flybaby,
I understand. I updated my question. I looked at my map and it shows 2 left. Can you tell me from your map what the required achievements are for Explorer?
Thank you!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 7:19 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I'm one who flies through areas. I don't feel bad about it and understand the devs designed these for the majority, not the minority like me. That's how it should be so many can enjoy the game and not get frustrated. This has been my favorite hub and after going back to the others will be heading back to keeping playing in it.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 7:23 PM
Last Edited July 11th 2018 at 7:34 PM
Flybaby
Armymom ... My map shows there are a total of 13 required achievements for Explorer, (but I'm not sure that I'm looking at what you're asking about).
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 7:50 PM
Last Edited July 11th 2018 at 7:51 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Here is my progress map https://prnt.sc/k5fjig

Here is the achievement screen https://prnt.sc/k5fjzt

7/13 83% Completed

So, according to the map I need 2 for 100%, which doesn't match the number of achievements left to complete. :(
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 7:54 PM
ArmyMomOkc
It's okay, it will eventually tell me when I finish them :)

The progress map would be more helpful if the achievements were listed then checked off when completed.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 8:16 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Flybaby, I sent you a message. Thanks again :)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2018 at 8:25 PM
Raymond
the 2 on the left are claudetts curiosities and arctic explorer supporter. one of the things that you have to buy for that is that energy drink.

not all achievements in the sack are achievements necessary for area completion. the trials is not needed. and after doing 25 of those there is 50 and then 75 and then 100. that covers all 13 achievement badges in that sack for that.
same can be said about cera altapi, not all of the 12 achievements/badges are part of that area progress