Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Your Best of or Must Have Trinkets
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2018 at 8:47 PM
Last Edited April 12th 2018 at 10:52 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I am very curious what long time players consider their most useful trinkets. I am using too many of my slots to raise my level of energy.

I have one slot I use to swap between those that have specific use but not needed all the time (like Timey Wimey, Time Turner or for speed increase).

I have never paid to make or do a trinket combine (other than the 1st for the achievement) and really want to stay with those acquired by playing. I play on Big Fish, so there are some options I don't have if it requires help from friends. If there is one worth the cost, I am interested in knowing about it.

I appreciate all of you who take the time to share your advice. I am anxious to see what you recommend and why.

Thank you!
Angela
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 7:27 AM
Last Edited April 13th 2018 at 7:28 AM
Flybaby
Hope this doesn't overwhelm you, but here goes:

I play on BF too, and have never made Trinket combines because of the ridiculously high prices, plus they depreciate with each level increase, so they are not worth the cost, IMHO. I'm pretty sure it's more affordable for FB players because they have friends that can help.

The Flux has the best trinkets, but it takes a lot of puzzles to earn the better ones. A few of my favorites, but not limited to, as I interchange some of these depending on my quests, runes and or the companion I'm using.

I use good Runes to help increase my less than Nothings and Mana odds to 100%, and that allows me more flexibility to use different types of Trinkets to help me with other things).

When I do my quest turn ins, I switch my trinkets to ones that increase my max mana and power as high as I can get it (in case I get a satchel with full mana and power)

One of my favorite companions is the Easter pit bull (doubles some Mana wins)

Flux Super Trinket - Various % and attributes (does not depreciate)

Pocket Piranha - 13.6% less than Nothing & Power Mana (at level 400)

Flux Living Magnifying Glass - 13.2% puzzle pieces(at level 400)

Flux Gushing Cornucopia - 18% less than nothing (at level 400)

Flux Ferocious Wand - 17% Mana odds (at level 400)

Bush Almanac - 10% puzzle pieces / 10% quest (does not depreciate)

Lustrous Polished Golden trinket - Mana odds 21% (at level 400) increases max mana by 29(crafted during a past Dog Days Event, and upgraded yearly afterwards)

Flux Constricting Bracelet - increases max mana by 42

Pet Booster at Pagas (upon quest turn ins)
Time Turner & Timey Wimey watch (upon quest turn ins)

I don't usually use the ones that increases holiday or quest odds. I concentrate mostly on Mana and Nothings odds (which gives me a lot more whacks) and the rest almost take care of themselves.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 9:07 AM
Last Edited April 13th 2018 at 9:11 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Flybaby, this is awesome information!

I have all but a couple of the trinkets you listed. I started playing just before last year's Dog Days, so I don't have the trinket you mentioned from that event. I have never heard of the Bush Almanac, do you remember how you got that one? I don't really need it, just curious about it. My puzzle odds are already high between my mount and a 20% pet I switch to when I want to focus on finishing a puzzle.

I switch out my pet more than trinkets. I wish trinkets were easier to find to switch out. The names don't stick with me, the image is how I remember the ones I like.

My base energy without trinkets is below 5K. I have a 40 level Poot I equip overnight, and several event ribbons that help but have not figured out how to get my energy higher without using trinkets. I have been keeping my mana max at 120. I don't focus on having higher power.

I do similar with runes. My favorites are those that give more mana/energy. I have been doing more rune crafting and have had some really cool results.

Thank you for taking the time to share so much with me! I am sure I will have more questions the more I look into what you wrote. :)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 10:39 AM
Last Edited April 13th 2018 at 10:42 AM
ArmyMomOkc
extra info - I have all Flux 18 & 17 trinkets. I am working on the 3rd tier of my super trinket.

Every Friday I have my 18 puzzle ready with all pieces with one piece left out..waiting for the new content..great advice you and others have shared I have the 17 puzzle more memorized than 18! :)

Currently I have Flux Constricting Bracelet, Flux Writhing Necklace (+220 Energy) and Flux Chilled Diamond (+210 energy) and Leftover Wedding Rings (+20 Mana & Power, +150 energy) in use right now. I have a couple of others I have a hard time letting go of because of my fixation with having a higher energy max. I haven't found any yet to take their place. Those give a combined raise my energy by 185.

Help me get over this fixation! Is there something I am missing or I haven't found yet that would give me close to the 185? Or do I need to suck it up and switch out trinkets?

:(
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 11:45 AM
Flybaby
Is there a reason why you keep redoing Flux 18? You can do it just once and keep it as it is (with one pc left out). That way, it will always be ready for whenever the new content starts. It would also give you a chance to do a few of the other Flux levels. There are a few good trinkets for you to get. I still use a few of the older ones from various levels (like the max energy and max mana ones, etc). You can go to the wiki to check them out. Or if nothing else, you may find another puzzle that you enjoy doing.

As for Energy trinkets, I'm not sure what you mean by 185. Your max energy trinkets add up to an extra 580 energy. If I equip all my better ones it raises my max energy by about 1,000. I only equip the max energy trinkets when I'm done playing for the day, so I can accrue more energy by morning, and then I un-equip them. (I don't lose the extra I gained). When I'm done playing for the day, I also try to use up whatever energy I have left to whack up Mana so I have something to start my quests with in the morning. I keep a close eye on my meters and only use max mana, max power and max energy trinkets as needed, so that allows me to use other trinkets in between.

Not sure where I got the almanac. It may have been from a mini event (perhaps Back to the Future?)
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 11:55 AM
Raymond
i have not done a flux 18 since sometime last year. i do flux 7 over and over sometimes several times a day.
all my fluxes have been done for ages and i only do the new ones for the 8 new trinkets when it comes out and immediately go to the one i can place each and every piece with my eyes closed
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 12:25 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Flybaby - I haven't done 18 in about 2 months, should have worded it differently. I have left it set up ready for next content update. I did the Flux portals quest. I also have all of the trinkets from another Flux, but I don't remember which one, it was one of the very old ones. I was doing the portal quest and got far enough into one I decided to finish it.

Yes, the 185 is the cumulative additional energy for other trinkets I didn't list. I have a total of +765 energy from trinkets.

I do wish the Flux trinket description included which one it is from, would be helpful info.

I reset quests usually once a day, on weekends I reset more often because I play pretty much non stop (I don't get out much due to physical issues, so this is my main entertainment). So swapping trinkets every time to raise my energy back up when I do a refill (I am aware some are based on base energy only) is tedious. (pattern of me looping back to my desire to have a way to favorite trinkets, lol)

Raymond, why #7? Is it easy or just one you like? I should work my way through the others and collect their trinkets. Right now I have been trying to figure out the ones I have already :)

Thank you both!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 3:40 PM
Raymond
you can see what fluxes you have done by talking to the guy with the bowler hat in the flux, he shows you graphically which trinkets you have for all fluxes, and if you had converted all to dust that flux does not appear in the list.

i simply like the color scheme of 7, and where number 7 appears when you click which flux to teleport to by the glitch thing, and that having done perhaps 600 flux 7's i know where every piece goes
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 8:38 PM
Flybaby
Ditto on everything Raymond said. #7 is also my favorite, and the pieces seem much easier to put together than some of the other puzzles, especially the ones that have a lot of dark colors.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 10:20 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I did some experimenting today. I do need to get my nothings % higher.
I'm going through older Fluxes to get the trinkets (and it's more interesting). I complete 2-3 puzzles a day, but it will still keep me busy for awhile. I did check with the bowler hat person to see what I had collected already.

I didn't see how much dust you get for turning collections. I will be sure not to turn any in that have any worth keeping.

Thanks again to both of you!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2018 at 10:44 PM
Raymond
1 dust per trinket so 8 dusts for a set as you can only turn in all 8 at once.
if you are doing fluxes for hopefully good trinkets then of course start at the highest and work down to the worthless, LOL
wiki lists what trinkets exist in all but perhaps the latest few fluxes.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2018 at 7:44 AM
ArmyMomOkc
So I get to the last trinket for Flux 15 and get a trinket for 210 energy. Good news it freed up 2 slots for other trinkets, bad news I can't dust this collection.
Thanks again to both of you for the advice.