Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Advice please about flux areas
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2018 at 6:20 PM
Last Edited February 27th 2018 at 6:22 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I finally made it to the current flux (18.0?). Should I go to the older fluxes or start with this one?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2018 at 6:30 PM
Raymond
um, the highest flux has the highest effect trinkets.
next highest might even be good to use trinkets.
all earlier ones are worthless other then to dust.
so 18,17,16,15.....3,2,1
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2018 at 6:59 PM
Last Edited February 27th 2018 at 7:00 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Raymond, that is very helpful. I like to start things from the beginning so my initial reaction is to go to the "start". As always, I appreciate the info!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2018 at 7:02 PM
ArmyMomOkc
The part I am most excited about is not whacking dead fields for hub quests. I just did it for Sanctuary items and whoohoo! :)
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 28th 2018 at 1:19 AM
Mummo
I remember being excited when I got to my first flux (17). I've since moved on to 18. Another quest you might consider is putting teleporters in all other fluxes. It's another achievement done, and you can collect the bits needed from wherever you are each day, so it's easy.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 28th 2018 at 2:08 AM
Raymond
here is a tip all us top level people do.
get all 8 trinkets from the highest flux, then do one more of it but do not put all the pieces together (or all but one piece). when the next content comes out and you reach the flux again, all pieces that were in the highest flux are moved to the newest highest flux. so in essence you instantly get one of the newest trinkets right when you reach it.
thereafter play lower fluxes getting all the lesser trinkets, and eventually choose the best one you like and you will be doing that one forever.
the bowler hat guy you dust the trinkets with visually shows you how many of every one you have done
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 28th 2018 at 6:38 AM
DestKitteh
I did what Raymond said.
I used to play the Sanctuary Flux, because I'd memorised the puzzle piece places. Once I was done with the new Flux, I'd go back.

Flux 18.0 has been a big favourite though, as I was sick of all the yellow.

Also, yeah. When you have time, go back and do all of the fluxes. It took me up until about 16.0 to get there, I used to be really behind on Bw2.

You will catch up. And then you'll be bored, lol!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 28th 2018 at 9:14 AM
Last Edited February 28th 2018 at 9:28 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I really appreciate the community of sharing here. Thank you everyone for your advice!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 28th 2018 at 9:23 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Raymond, thank you for explaining how that works. I read about how to leave one piece, your explanation clarified it for me.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 28th 2018 at 10:25 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Mummo, thank you for the tip for the teleporters!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 28th 2018 at 10:28 AM
ArmyMomOkc
DestKitteh, thank you! I play so much there's no telling how long it will take me in this flux. So far I have only come close to being bored by having to do hubs in dead fields.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 28th 2018 at 5:23 PM
ArmyMomOkc
One more question, how do you know when new content is coming?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 5:31 AM
Raymond
we don't know anything certain. but we have hints in live Developer chat on Wednesdays. and sometimes as replies to posts.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 10:17 AM
ArmyMomOkc
If it's during my daytime work hours I wouldn't be able to join in. Is there a blog or something about these chats? I saw your comment about new content could be any day and I have a puzzle with all pieces and left one piece waiting to complete. thank you!
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 10:50 AM
Last Edited March 2nd 2018 at 10:51 AM
Erika/Alyniana
We don't generally announce content ahead of time, unless it's ready enough to tease during the chat hours, if players are willing to ask the "When's new content coming?" question.

The chat hours are currently shifting around, but Nick and Georgia are in the game chat on Facebook on Wednesdays, and the game chat on Big Fish on Fridays, at some point during our office hours, which are 9am to 5pm Pacific Time.

Most content updates do happen on Fridays around Noon Pacific Time, if they are going to happen.

The next big content release will be the Quest Hub for the High Jungle content.

The next new set of areas and level cap increase will be at some point after that this year.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 10:55 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Erika, okay that helps me. I will see if I catch one of these. Good to know what day of the week. Excited to know new content will be soon. Thank you!