Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Quarter map
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 12:35 AM
Staril
Hi. I'm on a new PC and the global map is only showing a quarter of the screen. I know I've had this before but can't remember the way to fix it. I have searched in the forum but the only similar post isn't showing any response as it is too old.

Thanks, Sue.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2018 at 4:00 AM
DestKitteh
You have to drag the screen around to get to where you need to go, unfortunately. If on a computer, put the mouse on the sea and hold the mouse button down while you drag (I recommend sea because my laptop is touchy and I end up in a different place than planned).

If using a touch screen device, you should be able to just maneuver using a finger.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2018 at 10:08 AM
Raymond
bw2 and even original bushwhacker has never displayed the whole world in the global map, just too big. only s portion of it can be displayed. no amount of browser zoom level or screen size can accommodate it all.
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2018 at 10:25 AM
Last Edited February 26th 2018 at 10:27 AM
Staril
As I said, it is only showing a quarter of the screen ... not of the actual map. It flashes up the full screen but then only retains the top left corner in the top left corner of the map screen. The other 3 quarters are green or blue.

I've seen this before and I know there is a fix. Can any one remember what it is?

I'm level 400 and have been playing for years.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2018 at 12:42 PM
Raymond
clear flash and clear browser cache
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2018 at 1:32 PM
Erika/Alyniana
I think the trick is toggling your browser zoom while you have the map up?
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2018 at 2:38 AM
Staril
I just, accidentally, found one way to fix it. My new PC had set the screen resolution very high and I had to scale everything to display at 200% and this was causing problems with various games. I have reset the resolution to be a lower one and the map is now displaying correctly ... as are other games.