Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Challenge shop

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2018 at 7:15 PM
Animenut
I really like this. The items are useful and varied enough to meet player preferences. I can see this being a real boon to newer players, being able to get 25% more idols easily with a price tag that is reasonable for the buff. Chests, buffs, and another way to get golden gear. Very welcomed. The timed gear is generously-timed, too. A nice addition as a secondary in-game currency to accumulate. Want more idols? Get the idol buff. No need for idols and just want some gear? Legendary catalysts, or jeweled chests. Need some quick materials for a legendary you already have? Epic box. Great idea to give more on-the-spot in-game purchases to suit in-the-moment needs.

My only real concern is the pricing of the golden item. Depending on how frequently a new golden item will be available, I'm not sure the price of 360 tokens will allow it to be possible to buy each new golden item. If a new golden is added at the end of the previous one's time limit, then that means there is a new golden every 2 weeks. The issue being that I'm not exactly a slouch at this game and even I can only manage 100-106 tokens per challenge, so getting 360 on average every 2 weeks means 180 tokens per challenge, which seems impossible. Will the golden item have a 2-week time limit, but only one golden will be available each month? Something to that extent, or at least having a slight cost reduction. It would seem strangely punishing to the players to only be able to afford every other golden offered.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2018 at 10:24 AM
Erika/Alyniana
The 2 week timer on Golden Epics is so that you can at least see 26 free ones a year.

And if you want to, buy at least 13 of them for earned currency in game.

It's a pretty good deal.

97 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2018 at 10:26 AM
Bazilus
Yeah, pretty nice.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2018 at 1:23 PM
Animenut
Understandable. It is a way to get free goldens, so it makes sense there would be some sacrifice/limitation. It is a very good deal, and I didn't want to come off as spoiled or anything. I just wasn't sure if that was the intent or not. I wanted to make sure the price/timing wasn't an oversight. Mistakes happen. But yeah, thank you. This is a great new mechanic even for someone like me that already buys every golden. A new way to get more is always welcomed.

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 30th 2018 at 9:30 PM
ihatethisfing
i think most items are overpriced when you dont get much more than 100 tokens per challenge. only 2 things are below 50 tokens and really, i think those 2 should be either 20 or 25 tokens each.

legendary catalyst cost: 60....should be more like 30-40 as crafting legendaries increases the cost of the next legendary craft unless you wait a week for it to come down.

epic recipe cost: 100.....suggest 50-60 or possibly lower, it is random and i assume it does not apply to every crusader until they get added to the pool, right?

idol buff cost: 80.....suggest 60-70 or increase buff to 35%.

gold buff cost: 60.....not sure why this is more than the power buff.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 30th 2018 at 10:23 PM
Raymond
i think they are not costly enough.
perhaps 2 weeks of a challenge for one single thing. even the crappiest thing.

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 5:31 AM
Vingummi
The prices seem really fair since tokens are free.

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 9:04 AM
Azaryah
Have to agree with Vingummi; tokens are free, with which you can earn several things which would otherwise cost real money. Fairly priced, and just the opportunity is generous.

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 9:38 AM
ihatethisfing
"earn several things"? if you bought something every week, most of them you can just buy once.....what shop are you looking at.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 12:49 PM
Animenut
Fing, I don't know what your normal challenge payout is, but I (and by the looks of it, a few others) are speaking in terms of being able to get about the maximum number of tokens from every challenge. Last challenge, I got to area 1505 and still only got 108 tokens, so ~100 is the maximum one can reasonably get from a challenge. If you normally get less, then of course the shop is going to feel overpriced. For "earn several things", I can buy several things with 100 tokens. Crafting materials and DPS buff are both 40 tokens, and legendary catalysts, gold buffs, and jeweled chests are all 60.

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 1:04 PM
AndrewtheSmart
Maybe add a fluctuating price for GEs, like from 200-400.

164 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 4:02 PM
MisterC8
Agreed. Price hike on GEs would be like this.

I need to save tokens for Milgrid's GE for DPS and Mindy's GE for mimicry.

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 4:19 PM
ihatethisfing
@nut my payout is in the 100's and my point was that for the most part people will probably just buy one thing a week since so little is worth it buying...and really that crafting material just feels like a joke. dont see what you're going to be able to do with 80 random materials since that isnt even an upgrade for level 1 equips.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 5:22 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Each Epic Material box contains at least 1 Epic Material, so it's a guaranteed source for Epic materials for those players who need to craft the Epics.

The Challenge Token shop isn't just aimed at veterans. The rest of the player base has access to it as well.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 6:12 PM
Animenut
Fing, like everything else in this game, the challenge shop is, in part, a "slow burn" mechanic. Rarely will a single purchase make a MASSIVE difference, just like one gear piece will not make or break the game. Complaining that the epic material box is too expensive to spam-buy is like complaining that you don't get 500 silver chests per run. The epic material box is among the cheapest things in the store so that it is easy to add as a supplement to your materials if you want to spend some of your weekly tokens on it. It will not be the almighty boon of your game, but having one more way to grind materials is just like red ruby missions giving one more way to get a few extra rubies. This game is about steady progression, not single, major, game-altering purchases. Even if it is just one epic material box per week, that is still AT LEAST 1 more epic material per week, which adds up oer time, like everything else in this game.

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2018 at 9:23 PM
ihatethisfing
ugh. was never asking for major game altering purchases to be implemented....just dont see these prices as fair.

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2018 at 4:46 AM
Vingummi
ugh, like we need a GE for Mindy mimic and Milgrid hat.
Hope they never make those, too OP already.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2018 at 6:23 AM
Quince
I like the shop just the way it is. The items that are available are useful for helping me progress in the game, and the pricing structure is both sensible and fair. Nice new feature....thanks for adding it!

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2018 at 1:26 PM
Animenut
Good lord, a golden Mindy flower or Milgrid hat. That's it, folks. That's the game. Go home. You're done.

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 7th 2018 at 12:22 PM
ihatethisfing
her golden hat is now a thing...not really sure i see the appeal. already mimics billy for 120% chance. i suppose sjin/chef casey/baenarall mimicing would be worth a little more for her.....i dunno. feel like i get enough drops as is, to where even 16 items are possible in one kill *sometimes*.