Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Ideas for Weekly Challenges

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2018 at 1:09 PM
Last Edited January 21st 2018 at 1:10 PM
AndrewtheSmart
So here are a few ideas I had
Classics: Only t1 crusaders from 2015 and the base 20 crusaders are allowed to be used.
Prepared: Only crusaders with all rare gear or better allowed.
Final Fantasy: Only non-human, non-robot, non-alien and specific animal and leprechaun crusaders can be used. Certain animals : Shenna, Val, Sal, Phoenix, Warwick, Merci, Any royals other than Smokey, Emo, and Gryphon.
Love is In the Air: Only Merci's Mix up crusaders, Half-Blood, Danni, Kyle, Lerion, Petra, Paul and Bernard, softening them up on the way!
Scary!: Any Halloween crusaders, Zombie Winter, Dark elf crusaders, Khouri, Any Orc crusader, and Shadow Queen.
Hardy: All tank crusaders, along with the Dark Helper tinkering with them!
Nature Walk: All animals, Penny and Rayna.
Here are just a few ideas and examples.

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2018 at 4:27 AM
Bloodbane
Love is in the air should have Montana too if Danni were to be included. Maybe Mindy+Pete and Baenarall+Alan too
Scary should have Jason and Emo too
Hardy should have Red and Polly too

Another idea:
Hoopla: Aside of Bushwhacker and Nate, only event crusaders are allowed. The campaign is other than Grimm's Idle Tales

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2018 at 5:07 PM
AndrewtheSmart
Thank you for the requests! I just thought that Love is in the Air would work with crusaders in couples (Paul+Petra) and crusaders involved with women (Lerion) and love crusaders (Halfie and Danni) but thanks! For scary, I'm shocked I missed Emo and Jason.
And I agree with those.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 6th 2018 at 4:40 PM
Photonblade4
Here's another idea:
Aloft: use only crusaders that fly/float. Slisiblyp, Sally, Henry/Grandmora, Baenarall, Brogon/Foresight, Gryphon, Metal Soldierette, Katie, Wendy, Phoenix/Alan, TES, Polly, Shadow Queen, Priestess, and Victor.

Others in the chat suggested Pam, Val*, Siri**, and Xander*

*I think these two crusaders hop
**Doesn't her pillow have little golden legs and walks on them?

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 6th 2018 at 9:25 PM
Bloodbane
Another ideas:
- No Hoomans allowed: As name implies, human crusaders are not allowed
- On my own feet: No support crusaders allowed
- Totally broke: No gold finders allowed
- Moggles only: No magical and no supernatural crusaders allowed

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 7th 2018 at 1:47 AM
Vingummi
Let's not take "normal" objectives with the same name and throw them into challenges.

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 10th 2018 at 4:35 AM
KameRose
*As there are 18 different events, maybe 18 differents challenges that limit you to those crusaders only. (adding in BW/Nate if needed) Possibly excluding TYSFS, at least until(if) Tier 2 comes around.
*The Outsiders: Non-humans Non-animals only.
*Click Like You Mean It: Only clickers allowed.
*Sniper: All crusaders are allowed but monsters can only be damaged from clicks and ranged attacks.
*The 5%: Only crusaders with no defined species tags are allowed. i.e. Henry, Katie, Broot, Zombie, Viktor

I really like the Aloft suggestion.

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2018 at 12:34 PM
Last Edited February 15th 2018 at 12:44 PM
Azamagon
Some feedback and ideas:

* Classics: The "Blast to the Past" challenge is close to this. Wouldn't mind including the original crusaders in this, but I'm ok with it as it is too *shrugs*.

* Prepared: Too easy, really.

* Final Fantasy: Funny, I wanted to suggest something like this as well, same name and all (alternative name; "Dungeons & Dragons", or "The Others")! :D
However, I'd allow ALL Leprechauns, since they see limited use otherwise. Likewise, all Dragons should be useable, but I'd exclude all other animals (not because they wouldn't fit thematically, but simply because there'd be too many choices otherwise + there is already the Animal House challenge) as well as all royals (same reasoning as for the non-Dragon animals)

I feel the point of this particular challenge is to force us to use something NEW, as animals and royals are usually highly used, furthered by the fact that we already have animals in the "Animal House" challenge, and most royals are useable in all of the current ones, actually.

In fact, I'd summarize it by allowing these Crusaders:
Allow Dwarves, Leprechauns, Dragons, Orcs, Elves, Demons, Angels, supernaturals with no other race-token and exclude robots and aliens (so, Veronica would be banned, despite being an Elf).

* Love is In the Air: Eh, don't really care for this one, so not going into details on this one.

* Scary!: I know you wanted to add something new related to scary crusaders, but I dunno, I find that very subjective and would require quite a lot of handpicking.

I'd rather just make an update to the current "Nature's Not Enough" (maybe rename it "Beyond The Normal"?), by then allowing: Any Halloween crusaders, angels, demons, supernaturals and magicals.

As a sidenote; I feel Jason should have the Supernatural tag on him (fits with Shadow Queen's intended synergy and her legendary necklace). Sure, he uses normal gear, but he also seemingly uses mysterious powers. Similarly goes for Dark Helper, I feel she ought to have the supernatural tag.

* Hardy: I'd include; Tanks, Clickers, Healers and slot 12 (Gryphon etc), slot 16 (Phoenix etc) and slot 19 (Merci etc). This is not only meant as a challenge, but also as a semi-education to let players see the synergy of these combination of Crusaders.

As a sidenote; I feel Sasha should get a mild and simplistic revamp, and include her as a tank. That shield-gear being a self-DPS-gear on a non-DPSer, while she has tank-legendaries and Bulwark (which is an ability that works well when being on the front, you know, like a TANK) bothers me to no end.

* Nature Walk: Allowing Rayna and Penny (and presumably any future "Littlefoot's Big Adventure"-Crusaders) would be a really nice update to the current "Animal House"-challenge!

And another sidenote: Anyone else feels Broot should have an animal-tag as well? (That, or an alien-tag). Similar to Frosty and Jack, he is a plant-like/environmental-like being, so an animal-tag would fit him very nicely too.

And ANOTHER sidenote; I honestly feel that being ONLY a Supernatural just doesn't fit as enough in regards to classify your "race". Those that are missing one, I'd suggest these things:
Victor -> Demon (or Undead?)
Zombie -> Demon (or Undead?)
Henry -> Demon (or Undead?)
Katie -> Angel
Broot -> Animal or Alien

Demons could simply be regarded as the category of "evil" beings (and thus include Undead-like beings). Broot was already explained, and Katie is quite straightforward.

Now, onto suggesting new Challenge-suggestions:

* The Future is Now: Allows all robots and aliens, as well as the following event-based Crusaders:
Gardeners of the Galaxy-crusaders (Broot, Spaceking, Robbie, Grandmora)
Superhero Spring-crusaders (Soldierette, Bat, Arachno, Foresight)
Alien Invasion Day-crusaders (Billy, Kizlblyp, Red, Slisiblyp)

* Plain and Simple: Allows only non-supernatural, non-magical and non-royal Crusaders.

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2018 at 1:34 PM
AndrewtheSmart
I like Future is Now and Plain and SImple.

I think the Blast to the Pasty thing was funny.

Prepared: I believe the devs said this somewhere but the weekly challenges aren't meant just for veterans, so, this would allow newer players to try.

Final Fantasy: This one is just supposed to have mystical and magical crusaders. I said only those certain animals. Also, I think all leprechauns is good.

Jason shouldn't have the supernatural tag because he's one of the original 20 crusaders from Bush WHacker 2, and, he didn't use magic.

Hardy does have tanks, but, I agree with the Gryphon and Merci, but, not the Pheonix one. I also disagree with clickers. I also agree with healers, however.

Thanks for the feedback!

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2018 at 6:26 PM
Last Edited February 27th 2018 at 6:27 PM
AndrewtheSmart
So devs...
Thanks for looking at my suggestions and tinkering with them! With "Hardy" and "Classics" used (In a way) I feel like I should get compensation. (Maybe like, just a GE cloth for Bernard, then I'll be happy). I'm the player "AndrewCosgove" on Bigfish. by the way.

Either that or I'm making everything about myself.

164 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2018 at 3:34 PM
Last Edited March 3rd 2018 at 8:00 PM
MisterC8
Challenge inspiration idea:
I like Potatoes I love to eat: No talents and idols allowed.
Antiformation: No formation abilities.
Girls Only But No boys allowed: Male crusaders, including Broot and genderless Crusader cannot be used, only female.
Boys Allowed But No Girls Allowed: same but in opposite way [female crusaders including Broot and genderless Crusader cannot be used, only male].
Slow down!: No speed buffs can be used, even Crusader skills with speed buffs.
No equipment: No crusader equipments allowed.
Blackhole of the Evil Potato of Doom: No talents, no idols, no formation abilities, no speed buffs allowed, no crusader equipments allowed, [One of the hardest challenge ever]

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2018 at 4:06 PM
Raymond
i should get compensated for the whole objective I like potatoes. my very first game reset was at area 154 (not nate level 150) of course without any idols and no talents back then and so on.
i know for a fact they invented that world objective in tribute to that.
as for your thinking you thought of only allowing originals, ha, of course that was in their mind the day they came up with challenges.

164 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 2:38 AM
Last Edited March 2nd 2018 at 4:17 PM
MisterC8
For those who want to dream of challenge that disallows talents and idols, with certain restrictions. You will earn more tokens probably.

A lone Potato Follower: No talents, no idols, only one crusader can be used at a time like Lone Descent.
What a Potato Descent!: No talents, no idols but area will be more difficult much quickly like Slow Descent and Accio Difficulty.

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 6:54 AM
Last Edited March 2nd 2018 at 6:55 AM
AndrewtheSmart
I Eat Potatoes: All characters are.. Chef Casey?! (Same prices as character in slot I.E. 10 gold ability for crusader is 10 gold for Casey)
ALso I'm sorry if I seem conceited Raymond.

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2018 at 3:36 AM
Last Edited March 5th 2018 at 12:45 AM
Bloodbane
Another ideas:
- Royal Taxation : Only royals and gold finders are allowed (Crown formation - Song of Thrones campaign)
- Irregularity : Only elves, dwarves, orcs, aliens, dragons + Zombie Winter, Henry, Katie and Broot are allowed (Starting Wedge formation - Dr Evil's Summer Sabotage campaign)

164 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2018 at 5:19 PM
Last Edited March 10th 2018 at 7:25 PM
MisterC8
A Potato Guy: Males only, excluding Broot, no idols and talents!
A Potato Girl: Females only, excluding Broot, no idols and talents!
Simplicity but beware of bowl!: Monsters have significantly reduced HP, reduced crusader costs, increased gold find but iron football kills crusaders or disables formation skills or DPS (Football formation)