Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Official Club of fishing haters
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2018 at 8:18 AM
chiefwalkingbird14
Dear Devs and other players!

I honestly respect that you want to give us some more difficult tasks, and I even like it...at some points...for example our Indy Jones like tasks at the end of the last zones...

But: I now declare the club of fishing haters to be founded and me the president, at least until other members join! :))

I´ve now played - with interruptions for some months here and there - for more than five years, and I still love it, especially since you still always introduce new things here and there.

I´ve found fishing always tedious, though, and now even more so.

A REPEATABLE quest, that wants 260 items from me with a quota way below ten percent will simply cost me about two or three years! of fishing, since I have to be bored as hell or have accepted another fishing quest accidentally to go fishing.

(I´ve cast the line now over the years 5898 times by last count and am not gonna repeat that quest, once it is finished, at least not with THAT quota)

I´d really like the other members here to tell me what they think...and I´m not gonna be pissed if someone says the exact opposite to what I´m thinking... :)
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2018 at 8:54 AM
Raymond
will let a picture speak a thousand words
http://prntscr.com/hvkq94
in 1960+ days. the 100k casts i only just got a month ago.

oh and you will want to do the michin fishing at least one more time when the time comes.

i also would not call it a quest, more of a something to whittle away on, kind of like achievements themselves.
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2018 at 1:56 PM
Susan Bell Dawson
5314 times for me, including getting 54 towards the 260 - and I too have to be ultra bored or accidentally accepted a fishing quest (and even then I often leave the quest hanging round for days before I can face it).

Tell you what though, I'd pay for something to make it less tedious, say a high capacity rod that reels them in 10 at a time....
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2018 at 2:37 PM
Flybaby
Count me as one who finds fishing tedious. I completed the Michin fishing quest, but won't do it again unless there is a better and/or more rare reward to make my time spent worthwhile, such as BB's. golf piece, etc
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 1:44 AM
Mummo
Ditto, boring. I have been doing 100 casts a day for the Michin and surprisingly got 20 today, a record. However too slow, and too much junk fished up. Higher energy fish would help, since at least I would then simply be exchanging gold for energy.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 2:40 AM
Russel Denton
i really DO NOT see any problem with the fishing in BW2 , if you played BW 1 then you should of really have known that fishing will be in the 2nd ok, plus it only takes a week to do the Michin fish quest , if you do it right ok
83 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 4:14 AM
AndrewtheSmart
I have no feelings about fishing other than that the housing items should come up more.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 8:12 AM
Flybaby
We all have our likes and dislikes about the game, and we have the option of passing on the things we don't like (unless it pertains to game and/or storyline progression). That's the beauty of BW2 ... we can all play a little differently to suit our tastes. As for the Michin quest, it does require many hours of fishing, and the quest was not intended to be finished in a little as a week, unless a player chooses to do so. I took my time by casually fishing whenever I had other fishing quests, and eventually got it done.
167 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 9:34 AM
Denise C Steil
I totally lost count of how many casts I had to do to get the michin quest complete. I was in the fishing hates club prior to that though...
167 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 9:34 AM
Denise C Steil
I totally lost count of how many casts I had to do to get the michin quest complete. I was in the fishing hates club prior to that though...
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 11:39 AM
chiefwalkingbird14
It only takes a week if you do it right? I don´t think so....if you have other things to do than playing games, sorry. I play this game for an hour or two per (work)day and maybe more on the weekends, and that`s really much from my point of view.
Most of the gaming time I do whack bushes to complete my daily quests. So this fishing quest simply isn`t doable for a casual gamer in a week.

Autoclicker isn`t an option for me since it then wouldn`t be gaming any more, at least for me. And I do have a stressful RL so I don`t like to be stressed by games.

By the way: I don´t have problems with people who don`t agree with me, Russel, but I do have a problem with people who seem to think that I´m an idiot just because I don`t agree with them, so please don`t be so aggressive.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 2:04 PM
Russel Denton
@ chiefwalkingbird14 - my comment had no aggressiveness in it you just misinterpreted my comment, but i will admit that maybe the fishing needs to be improved so i will discuss with my fellow councilman on how it could be improved to make it easier for players ok matey
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 3:12 PM
Raymond
to change it because of some crybabies (my aggressive word) would be totally unfair to all who did it already.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 9:00 PM
Last Edited January 4th 2018 at 11:24 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Fishing..hmmmmm let see, I do not have any issues with fishing..
( I got it done without any whining...just saying)..I will also do the next one in March for me,and I am looking forward to it)..

It is there for us to do or not to do.

Moreover... I totally agree with what Flybaby stated (about likes dislikes etc )..
I could not have said it any better....

Now... as to Russel being aggressive, I think not.

Now... to spoon feed ppl for the Michin Fishing, I say,,, if it isn't broke don't fix it..

..................(This is my opinion,,,, Just saying)....................

NO member here....at all !!!!!!!
Lvl 400 "Savior of Sanctuary"
227 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2018 at 9:48 PM
Leona Virgo
i fall into the health issues make me hate fishing, my fingers click to soon or i think i see it bobbing when it didn't, so for me it take at least 2 times more/longer to do any fishing

i wouldn't want the quest to be changed (i hate when i find out a quest i haven't gotten to got changed because those that can afford to play 24/7 couldn't do "easily")

I would suggest an alternate for those with problems, let real cash or bush bucks be spent, just like you can with solving puzzles and such, maybe on a "robot" that will do the fishing but has a timer like crops and you can't get energy just a limit of gold and any quest items you need.

i don't think i will ever even start the michin fishing quest

i've been playing since the first spring event ended and have lost interest in playing daily, just do events and new things
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2018 at 6:35 AM
Duckie
I had to see what y'all were saying as I am one of those nutty people who love to fish.

To make fishing more productive, there are a few things you can do:
1. Buy the Sonic Fishing Rod as it decreases the time you spend fishing.
2. Use the Furious Fisher VIP boon as it further decreases the time you spend fishing.
3. Use the Fishing Quester VIP boon as it greatly increases the chance of fishing quest items.

To Leona.. try turning up your volume while fishing so you can hear the sound effect when it's time to retrieve your catch.

I actively chat on Big Fish, so we're usually having a grand time laughing and chatting and sometimes the chat is so much fun that you look for ways to stay playing.. fishing is a great way to stay connected to other players as it gives you something easy to do while chatting.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2018 at 4:28 PM
Last Edited January 5th 2018 at 5:44 PM
Barbara Tompkins
@ Duckie....

Exactly...I used 2 VIP's..and what a difference and I switched between 2 fish bait...the odd time...and It worked..

I also watched tennis/football and /or hockey and it got the count going REAL good..cause I was not paying attention to the fishin..

On that note...if one uses the goodies available to them,, then voila good fishin..

It is ''way''' doable under a week.. I know cause I did it.
ONE,, ''does not'' have to play 24/7 to get it done either.

....Again,,, if it isn't broke don't fix it :)..just sayin....
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2018 at 11:02 PM
DestKitteh
I hate fishing. Do not get wrong.

I did the minchin(?) quest by fishing for 10 a day. And 10 when I had some free time. I got it done eventually.
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2018 at 7:05 AM
Tim Bezant
where do i buy this sonic fishing rod?
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 6th 2018 at 7:24 AM
chiefwalkingbird14
It´s available on AI, but don`t ask me which merchant, I´ve forgotten. I don`t have the necessary BB at the moment anyway.