Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
[Suggestion] Adding something to the Gold Missions

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th 2017 at 11:29 AM
Andreas
Hi folks,

It seems as if the common opinion is that Gold Missions are not worth doing. Apart from the case you are seriously interested in the achievement to complete 100K missions or a new player who can make use of a few hours of instant gold, these missions only take away space in the mission window.

How about if you would not receive the amount of gold multiplied by the time but an instant time warp of that timeframe?

Before you respond with your opinion about whether CNE would ever implement this or not, give me a second to explain what I have in mind:

I would like to see a certain chance a gold mission - once successfully finished - is turned into an instant time warp. This means, if you succeed and are lucky enough you receive up to 16 hours - two Quantum Leaps worth - of instant game play. Meaning a lot of XPs, still a lot of gold for those in need and most importantly more than 85% for a free free play (1,920 of event currency if I'm not mistaken) right away during events.

Yes, indeed it would be connected to luck and most likely RNG will grant you the instant time warp only on those 10 or 30 minute gold missions, but this chance could also get an increase by a future talent close to 'Instant Satisfaction'.

Also, storywise this could be explained if explanations are needed. Instead of gold, your crusaders also come back from the mission with a weird looking shimmering artifact. One of the DPS crusaders does what he/she/it knows best and smashes it. If you're lucky a time warp happens. If not, this thing appears to be just shiny glass.

What do you think? Would this make gold missions worthwhile for you? Has this been suggested and denied by the community before? What did I miss?

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th 2017 at 7:34 PM
KameRose
I made a similar suggestion a while a go. Here: http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=13187

And apparently a while ago means almost exactly a year ago! LOL

I like the idea of adding in a RNG element and the XP gain as well would be nice.

Another suggestion I would like to add would be a reduced percentage/rate. Something like only 1 ticket a minute instead of two.

I understand if CNE is reluctant to implement something like this though since like you said it essentially turns gold missions into a warp. And since warps that come from jeweled chests are currently the only way to get additional event tickets, I can understand a wariness over whether it would impact event chest sales.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 9th 2017 at 1:33 AM
Andreas
Funny that it reappeared nearly a year to day later :-D Thanks for your feedback, Amanda.

Yes, you are right. It might certainly be the question how big of an impact this could have. And I do like the idea to be careful with the payout variants. Another option could be to expand the pool of gold missions so that the ratio of high payouts compared to lower payouts is decreased.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 9th 2017 at 11:31 AM
Animenut
Another option for minimizing the excessive abuse of gold missions as warps would be to award the warp-like rewards at a small percentage of the time reflected in the gold mission. For example, if the gold mission gives 2 hours (120 minutes) of gold, the warp effect could only be 12 minutes (10%) of a time skip. That way there could be a warp effect adding some usefulness to gold missions without making the warp effects completely overpowered. Just like how materials are most effectively gained by opening chests, but the material missions add a supplementary amount to what you'd get from chests.