Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Make Swapping even easier

41 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 17th 2017 at 3:29 PM
LorinBardric
To start with: I really appreciate the new swap panel on PC. I've been waiting for something like this for a long time ;-)

But still I'm missing the "instant swap" feature: If I swap out a crusader, who is in my active formation, I'd like the "swapped in" crusader to be put directly into the (now free) slot.

I believe there must be some mechanism to do this because this is exactly what happens when I buy a new crusader. I suppose there is some algorithm like the following:

- buy new crusader
- check if there's a free slot
- if there's a free slot, put newly purchased crusader in this slot

Of course I don't know exactly how the whole game is programmed but can't you just copy-paste this "checking-algorithm" from buying a crusader to swapping crusaders? I imagine something like this:

- swap crusader out
- check if there's a free slot (that has just become free by swapping the crusader out!)
- swap crusader in
- if "newyl swapped in" crusader is already purchased, put him/her into the free slot.

I'm not a professional programmer so maybe my thoughts are not as easy to implement but don't you think something like this would be possible?

41 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 5th 2017 at 12:22 PM
LorinBardric
It feels a bit strange to answer to my own post, but am I really the only one who believes swapping could be way more comfortable?

Any other opinions???

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 5th 2017 at 2:56 PM
KameRose
I for one don't like my 'saders automatically going in formation. Unless it is via me activating a saved formation.

It is my opinion that playing would be nicer if buying the first level of a crusader *didn't* automatically place them in my formation since I often leave an empty slot in my formation to accommodate 'saders with formation abilities like Turkey, Mindy, or Viktor. The automatic placement is quite annoying. In fact I try to level only on area transitions to circumvent it.

And usually if I swap to a different 'sader in a seat then that 'sader has not yet been leveled and you can't put a crusader with no levels into your formation anyway. So the 'sader is automatically put in the empty spot anyway when I level him/her. So I don't see the point of programming in a swap trigger, when the recruit trigger works just fine for what you are describing.

41 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 7th 2017 at 6:02 AM
LorinBardric
I agree with you that it can be annoying in the beginning when new crusaders go into formation even though you don't want them to.
But what I'm wishing for is that crusaders that I have already bought come into the formation when swapped. The main reason for me to swap crusaders is that I want to activate an ability with another crusaders who has better gear (to improve the ability).

An example: I have Littlefoot in my formation to let him gather XP. As I don't have his legendary camera, Stormrider is stronger with Frosty or Cindy (who have the legendary gear for the stormrider ability).
I know that there's the possibility to work this out through saved formations, but I have them mission quite often, so I don't use always the same crusader to activate Stormrider. And I already have three formations (fast progress for beginning, late game DPS and late game clicker) so I don't want to waste one of the formation slots just to activate the active abilities...

While writing this another option came to my mind: Maybe it would be easier to implement additional formations saving slots (maybe 5)?
Has this been discussed before?

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2017 at 2:36 AM
Azamagon
Maybe a little checkbox toggle could allow this (toggleable with a hotkey too)?
Call it "quickbuy / quickswap".

When toggled ON:
* Buying a new crusader puts the crusader automatically in the formation (like now).
* Swapping to a different same-seat-crusader via the swap-panel(if it is already bought) gets that crusader swapped immediately in to the formation. It could, additionally also purchase the first level of the Crusader if not already bought, which would thus place it into the formation automatically too.

When toggled OFF:
* Buying a new crusader NEVER puts the crusader automatically in the formation. You have to move them in by yourself.
* Swapping to a different same-seat-crusader via the swap-panel, NEVER gets that crusader swapped immediately in to the formation (like now)

Note: In either of the toggles, using a "saved formation" will probably have to function exactly like it does now (i.e. automatically swaps your crusaders, but not those you haven't bought yet).

Would that be good enough, you think?

41 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2017 at 3:38 AM
LorinBardric
This would be a wonderful solution! Like this everyone could play in his/her own way.
I would definitely support this solution.