Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Kong buffs failing, does Steam version have the 25% ad buff Idols bonus?

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2017 at 12:53 PM
Last Edited October 16th 2017 at 2:56 PM
FingerDemon
I have until noon tomorrow to complete a few more objectives and pick up the new Crusader Chiyome. Time is of the essence; I need to Reset my current objective and move on.

I want to purchase 16 chests (to get Mindy's GE & chest contents, plus the Empowered Crusading 50% idols bonus). So I can Reset from my current objective with the Kong ad buff, for an additional 25% Idols to get as many Idols as possible. (The Tier 4 Talents are getting very 'expensive' as they level up, into the 200K+ range)

I tried to use op-in ad DPS Bonus buff, to help my final run at getting as far as possible before reset. Well, the Kong buff window keeps failing to recognize that I watched the dam video. And the same ad keeps coming up when I retry. Which means that I will have the same problem when I reset. Which will cost me an additional 91,500+ Idols from that bonus.

Does the Steam version have the same reset bonus? Any other ideas?

Sorry its a long post. Thanks for reading, and for any help.

PS. My ad blocker is off for Kong, and this has not been a problem until today.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2017 at 1:06 PM
Raymond
some ad's have a different way to know you watched it, is there an arrow on the bottom line saying something like continue?

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2017 at 1:54 PM
KameRose
You can still get the 25% buff on mobile, either reset on your phone or use a mobile emulator.

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2017 at 3:10 PM
Last Edited October 16th 2017 at 3:15 PM
FingerDemon
Ray I couldn't find one, it opens another tab with an anti-smoking campaign page that's overloaded with a bunch of interactive junk as well as the video. I did all the interactive stuff and watched the video a few times but there's no way to do anything else but close the tab.

Amanda my phone is strictly business but I might look for an emulator. Would prefer not to have to mess with that.

It is sometimes giving different ads now, that do give the bonus. But it's random and I don't really trust my luck to Reset. Guess I'm gonna have to though.

Since I made a new Steam account to play Idle Champs I wonder if there's any advantage to moving COTLI there as well.

Thanks guys!

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2017 at 3:19 PM
Raymond
the anti smoking one i close and try again and close and try again and after perhaps 10 tries it will be something better. and the close i mean sometimes just close the ad, sometimes close the opt in box and reopen, and rarely if frustrated close the browser and reopen...
in any event, i get an ad that works eventually. when it comes to the ad for resetting, i do an opt in first to be sure

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2017 at 5:17 PM
FingerDemon
Well I took the plunge and Reset. It turned out that when an ad fails, Kong kicks me back to the Reset dialogue where I could choose to retry with an ad buff or not. Which I kept trying, a dozen or so times, until it finally ran an actual ad that I could complete (grr)

I've since decided to take up cigarette smoking just to spite them :P
Post by Azaryah deleted October 17th 2017 at 6:07 AM