Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
IOS version lacking in features

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 14th 2017 at 1:10 PM
Codyvans
So I'm new to the game. Just started today. I've played plenty of idle games though, and I primarily play them on mobile. I started this game while I wait for Idle Champions of the Forgotten to hopefully come to mobile. I managed to link my IOS/steam/Kongregate accounts so I can play it on any now which is great. I prefer mobile for these types of games though, and the IOS version of this game seems to not receive any support anymore. The game crashes fairly often, especially after watching an ad, which isn't a huge deal to me but the main issue is the lack of certain helpful features. I have not found a way to level up characters in multiples (buying 10 levels at once, or 25 or 100 and so on) and I also haven't found any way to save formations on IOS. It's rather annoying having set up a perfect formation, then tinker with it and try something new, and then having to figure out how you originally had it in case you mess it up too much. Events also don't seem to work, or perhaps start later on IOS? I can access the Sasha's Schoolhouse Scourge event perfectly fine through Steam, but it doesn't show up on IOS for me. But since the accounts are linked, if I make progress on IOS, then switch to Steam, I won't have any progress towards the event since the IOS version doesn't appear to have the event yet, or won't let me access it. I'm sure there are probably other features that aren't on mobile that should be too, but like I said, I started today and haven't even reset yet. Maybe I'm missing something and these features are there on mobile but I haven't found them. From looking at screenshots of the Android version, it appears buying in multiples is at least an option but I can't find this anywhere on IOS. Does the dev simply not support IOS anymore? Looking at the update history for the game on IOS, it's only been bug fixes/events and there are no patch notes saying they've added any features whatsoever since release. I know the game is claims to be in beta but it's been out around 2 years and 1 year on IOS with basically no support it seems. It just seems odd to me that some very basic, and extremely handy, features would not be in certain versions of the game. And it also bugs me that I can't seem to access events on both PC and IOS. I'm sure the event will start on IOS at some point, or perhaps I need to reset my world first, but I didn't have to do that on Steam and got access to the event right away. It simply is rather annoying that events wouldn't start simultaneously, which means if I want to make event progress, I'm forced to play on PC and not use mobile at all. I know these are nitpicky things, but if devs are going to release games for multiple platforms, they should actually keep the game current on all of them. They seemingly abandoned IOS immediately which is disappointing and makes me weary of supporting this dev like I normally would for smaller studios.

TL;DR IOS seems to lack basic features, and events don't seem to sync with Steam version.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 14th 2017 at 1:19 PM
Last Edited September 14th 2017 at 1:19 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Events on mobile are hidden until you do your first reset of the world, from a design point of view.

As well, you may need to wait for the app store to get today's update and download it to see the event in the mobile version.

The buy multiple levels buttons on mobile unlock after your first reset of the world as well.

Saved formations are not a mobile feature, since there is nowhere in the interface to put the buttons.

We update the mobile versions with the events and any major bug fixes, but we don't post app store patch notes when we upload new versions, since there is an in-game change log in the Settings menu.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 14th 2017 at 1:36 PM
Codyvans
Thank you for the reply. It would be handy if some of that information was available somewhere in game. I searched to see if any of the things I mentioned where available and couldn't find the answer anywhere online, so I posted here. And buying multiples would be nice to have even before you're first world reset, because I even before reaching the first world reset I'm able to level up characters even 100 times at once, and doing it by hand isn't very fun.If possible, it would be great if the formations option was somehow implemented in mobile, because it would be extremely helpful. I'd also suggest having the change log pop up upon game start with the option to turn it off or something if you want, because if I was only playing on mobile I would have no idea there even was an event available since the game didn't inform me whatsoever. Maybe that's a bug and it actually does tell you normally, but my game has no information about an event being available until I click on the change log, and since I automatically update my apps, I usually won't notice the game has been updated and therefore won't be checking the change log. Thank you for the reply though, and answering my questions about those specific features. I really hope the formations option could be implemented somehow. Perhaps even under settings there could be a pop up to save formations, which is a little out of the way but better than not being available at all in my opinion.