Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Server strain?

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th 2017 at 9:42 AM
Animenut
For the last few days, I've noticed the game taking a while longer to contact the server. "Searching for loot", "Retrying request", etc being far more common occurrences, and lasting for longer. Is it just my computer being slow, or are the servers actually being strained more with recent updates to the game?

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th 2017 at 11:37 AM
Raymond
it is most likely your end but not your computer, its your network.
reboot your router and cable modem...

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th 2017 at 4:53 PM
Animenut
Done both and solved nothing. This has been happening for about a week now and I've reset my router multiple times since then, which, if anything, seems to have made the loading worse. A good 60% of boss areas have a "Searching for loot" alert, and completing almost every mission is met with "Waiting for server".

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th 2017 at 5:12 PM
Raymond
i see a few other people in chat saying they have something similar.
commonality in those reports is that they use firefox.
sounds like what was happening to me over 600 days ago, which i instantly fixed at that time by no longer using firefox for anything. I use any of 7 other browsers for different things, and my game works well in all 7, and checked just now and my game still is crap in firefox. Way back then the devs, and everyone in the forums didn't believe me, they could nor replicate my experiences, they actually ignored me, and it appears that whatever it is eventually impacts everyone else who for some reason just have to use firefox.
try anything else, even internet explorer or edge, i use chrome for idols, sea monkey for bw2, and comet bird for all other internet uses

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th 2017 at 5:28 PM
Raymond
i am searching my posts and can't find the one i am thinking of, but here is one similar one.
http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=11892

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2017 at 10:56 AM
Last Edited September 5th 2017 at 11:00 AM
Animenut
I do not use Firefox for anything, ever. I use Chrome. And the issue just got worse. Mid-reset, the game could not contact the server so it just stayed at a black screen. I might have just lost 40,000 idols. So I refresh and now I can't make it past "Loading game..."

I can't put in a proper report because clicking the button causes an error screen to come up. I'm just 100% locked out of the game.

EDIT: AS I posted this, the game let me on before I reset and start a new objective correctly.

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2017 at 7:34 PM
snow
I can't even get comet bird to work, all it does at startup is a weird XML error...