Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Annoying Slideshows

26 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2017 at 12:36 PM
Last Edited August 29th 2017 at 12:28 PM
Cassius335
No. More. Slideshows. I just about have enough patience for Youtube vids; having to skip through "10 things you already knew" is a deliberate assassination attempt on players brain cells.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2017 at 9:40 PM
Ignatius
100% agreement. I just spent a bunch of time clicking through 68 pages of mind-numbingly boring trivia about 90's celebrities and where they are now - and didn't even get the reward when I finished. Total waste of time, and a frustration. I understand you guys need to make money, but that's a really crappy way to treat your players, even if the reward /did/ work. I'm not going to be looking at any more of those slideshow ads.

97 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2017 at 1:20 AM
Bazilus
I dont have any trouble with watching ads via mobile.

26 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2017 at 12:33 PM
Cassius335
@Ignatius: 68? Please tell me that wasn't all in one go...

@Bazilus: Might be Kongregate-based, then.

Changed the thread title, as it dawned on me these slideshows aren't ads; they're literally just time & bandwidth wasters.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2017 at 3:12 PM
Raymond
when an Ad opens a browserf tab, you DO NOT have to interact with that at all, you do not need to do the trivia or whatever. All you havbe to do is close that browser tab and you get the reward.
THese Ads are the BEST, lowest impact ever. 0 time essentially, or under one second.
p.s. the other ones that appear you need to 'share', well you don't. and those also are the best ever, under one second.
i love how kong has mad these as oposed to needing to have an exyension or watch half a minute video.
all these simce about a week ago have jsut been the best ever

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2017 at 1:04 PM
Last Edited August 31st 2017 at 1:07 PM
Ignatius
@Cassius: Yes, 68 all in one go.

@Raymond: That didn't work for me; I would close the tab after clicking through and still not get the reward. Unless you're suggesting that it only works if you close the tab before you start clicking through, but that would be extremely silly, as CNE would then essentially be preventing their reward-seeking players from actually viewing the content they're being paid to promote.

But there now seems to be a "Skip Step" button in the lower right of the pop-up screen for slideshow ads, the clicking of which instantly gives the reward.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2017 at 4:14 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Cassius: Sorry to hear you had an issue with the ads on Kongregate, but all our game does is check if Kong is providing an ad.

We don't control the content of their ads. We will pass it along to Kong that there are some annoying new ads in their rotation, but if players also contact Kong then they might get their supplier to change it faster.