Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
turps grinding ability

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 19th 2017 at 7:19 PM
Last Edited August 19th 2017 at 7:21 PM
ihatethisfing
can someone explain to me the point of this ability to increase the dps of all crusaders after the current AREA's (not objective) quest is completed? if you arent moving forward then you would/should be resetting.....no?

97 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 20th 2017 at 8:59 AM
Last Edited August 20th 2017 at 9:11 AM
Bazilus
This ability - trolling by devs, for sure. +)

*Ability Quote: Come on guys, let's keep working! It's fun!*

Update: Seems they tried to balance abilities. After finishing current area you stop receiving the gold bonus from "Cashing In" , so you got bonus by "Grinding", but who cares about DPS in finished area?

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 20th 2017 at 8:10 PM
ihatethisfing
yep....trolling by devs sounds likely. since like you said (more or less) and i said, need to be moving forward after finishing an area. more coins that way if someone was tryin to cheat on gold somehow.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2017 at 10:24 AM
Erika/Alyniana
It is up to players how they want to play the game.

If you did want to idle on an area to get some gold to see if you could push further, killing the monsters easier while afk might be useful in that situation.

Not everyone plays for efficiency.

97 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2017 at 10:37 AM
Last Edited August 21st 2017 at 10:48 AM
Bazilus
C'mon. If you finished area, that means you already have DPS for elimitate everything in that area. This bonus are looks like are bad joke. You say about farm gold, but after player finished current area Trups be loosing his gold bonus. In that case for afk farm better put crusader with available gold bonus. +)

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2017 at 11:38 AM
Last Edited August 21st 2017 at 11:39 AM
Animenut
Bazilus, the ability is for people who do not have the capability to easily reach the cap yet. Yes, it is more efficient to just reset when levels become too troublesome, but not everyone plays efficiently, and that's fine. For the people just trying to push as many levels as possible, being able to more easily grind ONE area behind is better than being able to grind FOUR areas behind. In this game, killing things FASTER gives more gold than killing STRONGER things if the stronger things are only by one or two areas of difficulty, so if a player's DPSer can only level up 15 times and the next area has monsters that die way too slowly, it is easier to farm for those next 10 levels in area 458 than it would be to farm in area 459 where the monsters die really slowly, or area 457 or 456 where the gold given is not as much. It doesn't matter that Turps would lose his gold bonus because the gold bonus by itself isn't that super-useful enough for it to feel like an actual loss, and being able to kill monsters much faster (along with the stacking "Tasty" ability making enemies spawn even faster) leads to much more gold anyway. Getting a few extra bucks only from quest enemies is okay-ish, but the REAL gold-farming starts when you're killing several enemies a second, which you only start doing after completing an area to get the DPS buff and stay in the area to let "Tasty" fully stack.

As for "just put on a crusader with a better gold bonus", the player might not HAVE one of those. They might already all be in the formation. Turps just helps put them to better use.

Aside from Erika's comment, this whole thread seems very insensitive.

97 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2017 at 1:04 PM
Last Edited August 21st 2017 at 1:07 PM
Bazilus
@Animenut
Seems, you not exactly know how "Cashing In" bonus works, i lose multiplier for current the dropped gold by 1,32e4%.

As for the gold farm. When you reach your "wall", more effective move some areas back, put crusaders with max "gold found" bonus and get offline. Wait some hours, then reenter but via mobile, watch ad for doubled your gained gold. Take crusaders levels, move to new "wall", repeat. But this is only useful for people who can't gain levels cap.

Personally for me "Grinding" is useless ability. If i able to finished area, better move forward.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2017 at 5:17 PM
Animenut
I know how cashing in works, Baz. It gives extra gold when defeating enemies that count toward the area objective. But that, by itself, does not compare to grinding for several minutes nearly insta-killing 100+ enemies.

For the gold farming, NO MATTER WHAT, later areas give more gold than earlier areas. The singular exception is the first-of-five areas after a boss area. The most effective way to grind for gold is to park your butt in the furthest area in where you're able to kill enemies fairly quickly. "Grinding" lets that area be a few deeper, letting a player go from resting at 456 to resting at 458, which gives more gold for the same kill rate.

I will say this again. Turps is NOT meant to be an actual gold-buffer, he is meant to be a progression-and-grinding support crusader. HOWEVER, he is still useful if you've already put all gold crusaders in the formation and still have at least one free slot. You, Baz, are assuming that I or other players treat Turp as better than a full-fledged gold finder when I've not said anything like that. If your formation is already geared completely toward gold finding and ALL your gold crusaders are already in use and you've got open slots, Turps is a good way to get more use out of them by putting their gold buffs to use in a higher area than they'd be able to without him.

"If i able to finished area, better move forward." That makes no sense. You're ignoring the situation entirely. The whole point is that in this hypothetical situation, the player CAN'T move forward. "If I finished an area, better to just move forward" is not an option because of limited DPS and not enough gold to reach that next 25 levels. For players in this situation, where they ARE at their wall and CAN'T just move forward and DON'T have enough gold to level up, "Grinding" allows them to grind for gold in a later area than they'd be able to normally. Faster. Yes, if you beat area 458, that means your DPS is enough to kill things there, BUT since you wipe in 459, that means that you were killing things in 458 slowly. Slow kills means less gold. "Grinding" lets you kill things in 458 faster.

Without "Grinding": ~7 kills per 10 seconds in area 456

With "Grinding": ~7 kills per 10 seconds in area 458

Same kill rate, but with higher gold payout in a later area.

97 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st 2017 at 11:07 PM
Last Edited August 21st 2017 at 11:15 PM
Bazilus
@Animenut
I written about offline gold farming:
1. When you try made max gold bonus, you lose some DPS. So in your latest area, monsters can kill your crusaders. That why need moving some backward.
2. In offline mode doesn't matter in which exactly area currently you in. For calculate gold takes: your latest unlocked area, current gold bonus and time spended via offline.
3. With entrance from mobile after offline farm you can doubled gained gold.
4. For this tactic, perhaps you not need using Turps in formation. All depends from already owned crusaders and their legendaries items
5. This is useful only for player who can't easy reaching the level cap.

Personally for me "Grinding" ability useless, i just don't need farming gold like you suggestet. In my situation, for made real DPS, better takes more powerful crusader in current formation for trying unlock new areas.

This is my position about Turps abilities, i don't asking about change them.

P.S. And yes, i have thoughts how to using "Grinding" for newbie players. For old players it useless.