Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Event Update! Littlefoot's Big Adventure 2017 Edition!

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2017 at 12:32 PM
Last Edited August 3rd 2017 at 12:47 PM
Erika/Alyniana

Get ready to go camping again! Or at least the facsimile of camping that this event is! There are an awful lot of monsters in your life....

In the 2017 edition of Littlefoot's Big Adventure you can unlock Penny the Park Planner who swaps with Prince Sal and Beary McBearface who swaps with King Reginald.

You can read more on the official blog!

The event runs until Tuesday August 15th at Noon PDT.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2017 at 1:58 PM
Erika/Alyniana
It's a Peak of Summer weekend buff!

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2017 at 2:55 PM
Azamagon
Gotta say, Penny the Park Planner's Trash Pickup ability is really nice. But I do have one problem with it; It causes stuttering whenever stuff is auto-picked up with her in the formation when she has learnt her Trash Pickup ability.

Furthermore, a question; Is the default pickup delay 8 seconds? Maybe that could be noted on her ability (so it says that it reduces the pickup delay from 8 seconds to 5 seconds (or whatever it is one might have after gear)).

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2017 at 3:28 PM
Last Edited August 7th 2017 at 3:29 PM
Animenut
@Azamagon, The default pickup delay is 5 seconds. I have her uncommon item that increase the speed of the ability by 25% and it is currently at 4 seconds. As for noting "from X down to Y", no other gear/ability notes such a thing, so having it happen here would seem kind of out of place. If you want to know how her gear's percentage will affect the ability, do 5/(1 + X) where X is the percentage represented as a decimal. So with her epic gear being a 100% buff, it would be 5/(1 + 1) = 2.5. I'm not sure if it would be 2.5 seconds, rounded up to 3, or rounded down to 2, but if I ever get the dang gear (seriously, 22 jeweled event chests and that's the ONLY gear slot on all 4 event crusaders below rare) I'll edit this to say the results. Assuming one of the devs doesn't clarify before that happens.

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2017 at 5:17 PM
Azamagon
@Animenut

I meant the default pickup delay WITHOUT Penny. My headcounting gives me an estimate of about 8 seconds (my guess is 7.5 seconds, but I'd need to use a stopclock to be more precise). Otherwise, if the default non-Penny pickup delay was already 5 seconds, getting Penny's Trash Pickup ability without having any gear (which states that it becomes 5 seconds) would make the ability completely pointless at base.

I know how her gear affects her ability too. I'm one of the (surprisingly few) people on this planet that seems to understand the calculations and terminologies in regards to speed+rate and time+reductions.

As for its decimals, it shows it in two decimals. I have her rare Trash Pickup item, and it states the delay is 3,33 seconds.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2017 at 7:38 PM
Animenut
I just timed the normal pickup rate on a watch. When the first item dropped, it was at 35 seconds. When the item was picked up, it was 46 seconds. Accounting for delay between when my eyes moved between the screen and the clock, the pickup is probably normally 10 seconds, which means that an ungeared Penny would half the required time, an epic would cut it down to 2.5, and a golden legendary would cut it down to 1.25 seconds, effectively making pickup near-instant.

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th 2017 at 12:17 AM
snow
GL is 1.67

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th 2017 at 1:10 AM
Andreas
Azamagon, to your initial point: Change the mode to High Quality and the stuttering will disappear. Don't ask me why. Well, ok, you can ask me why:

Penny's Pick Up ability leads to some difficulties in the display of the items and their movement on screen. As Kevin, the CNE Developer, explained, the game is not lagging. To quote him directly:

"LQ targets 24fps, but your monitor probably runs at 60, so the intervals don't line up. This is what creates the jittering feeling, which is especially apparent when a bunch of things happen in sequence."

This is also why Kevin decided to remove some of the gold icons when you kill monsters since it was worse before and terrible if you had crusaders in your formation who doubled gold drops (i.e. Turps and the Bartender) or loot items. Basically: There are too many things happening on screen to display in 24 frames each second which leads to some effects skipping frames.

If you change to High Quality Mode the game will target 60 frames per second, draw a lot more resources of your computer and this leads to everything being alright ... well, if you like the explosions and the flying gold coins effect.

However, I do like Penny a lot. I have her Trash Picker on Legendary and she picks up items after 1.67 seconds. @Snow: I would guess, her Golden Legendary might decrease that time below 1.67 seconds.

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th 2017 at 1:45 AM
Last Edited August 8th 2017 at 1:51 AM
snow
Ah brain fart, read that for epic and GE somehow. Don't post before you eat something... :) GL would be a 300% reduction.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th 2017 at 10:57 AM
Erika/Alyniana
The normal auto pick-up is just when the gold hits the lead of the formation.

We've pushed a fix that will most likely stop the game stuttering if you're using Penny and low quality mode.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th 2017 at 11:23 AM
Animenut
Erika, I (and probably others) know that the items get picked up when they reach the formation, but since formation size doesn't seem to affect that border (I'm guessing there's some "line" on the screen indicating where the game recognizes is formation territory), we, or at least I, was just looking for a number to compare to Penny's ability. The auto-pick-up is based on how long it takes to reach the formation, but since the scrolling stays the same speed at all times, the length of time it takes for items to reach the formation is about 10 seconds, for reference.

Also kind of important since items don't scroll while under attack, and yet distant items still get picked up after X seconds. There has to be a length of time the game auto-collects otherwise items wouldn't be picked up while under attack, and yet they are.

Not trying to sound rude, just trying to understand the mechanics. Any clarification, Erika?

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th 2017 at 3:17 PM
Azamagon
@Erika

Really, really nice, the stuttering is gone for me now! Thanks for that :)

As for what Animenut said, I'm trying to understand the mechanics too, so a quick clarification for its "hidden mechanics" would indeed be nice :)

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2017 at 12:37 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Her base 5 seconds is faster than letting the game pick-up without her.

----

Celebrate the weekend with a Sleeping Under the Stars buff!

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th 2017 at 4:50 AM
snow
Awesome GE, thanks for making it available already, makes Penny even better!