Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Crafting

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2017 at 10:40 AM
Tina Vargo
I'd like to see a way to convert crafting materials into higher grade crafting materials. Exchanging a common craft material for an uncommon one, or an uncommon for a rare. Maybe using a 10:1 ratio for it. As both the common and uncommon materials are rather simpler and easier to get, this would allow players to upgrade more, and play more. Legendary items could still be restricted to the catalyst quests.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2017 at 12:25 PM
Andreas
While it is true that common and uncommon materials are easier to get, I spend a lot more of those than rare or epic material when I upgrade legendary gear. The result is that I lack common material faster than the rarer types.

Also, with your proposed ratio, I would get about 3 converted rare materials out of 100 Silver chests or 0.3 epic. From my perspective, you are way faster, idling through the game and opening the Silver and Jewel chests as they come along in game play.

46 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 18th 2017 at 11:14 AM
Muljo Stpho
If they were to do anything I would think that the rates would be comparable to the ratios of the legendary level upgrade costs.
L1 -> L2 = 250C or 100U or 50R or 25E
L2 -> L3 = 500C or 200U or 100R or 50E
L3 -> L4 = 1000C or 400U pr 200R or 100E
And so on and so on. In other words, 10C = 4U = 2R = 1E. Alternately that's 2.5C = 1U, 2U = 1R, and 2R = 1E.

Disenchantment of a legendary back into an epic and some common materials (and a free craft token) indirectly provides a partial trade-down option. Regardless of what type of materials you originally put in, you receive back the equivalent value in common material (which is just as good for turning back into levels in another legendary as the original materials would have been). No option to choose what type you receive from it.

I could see them wanting a trade-up option to be more restrictive though. (For an arbitrary example maybe consider something like 5C -> 1U, 4U -> 1R, and 3R -> 1E. Alternately that's 60C = 12U = 3R = 1E. (Maybe come up with less harsh rates than this.)) So the option would be there, but you'd lose some of the overall value (and therefore some potential item levels) as payment for it. (Which kind of still leads to needing to just farm for more chests for materials anyway, so you can try to recover the lost value by gathering new commons and uncommons at the very least.)

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 18th 2017 at 5:09 PM
Vingummi
Those ratios are stupid Miljo. Opening 300 silver chests will grant you 100 epic materials. At least 10:1 from common as Tina suggested if they were to do anything.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 18th 2017 at 6:07 PM
Kenny
i'd love so see some sort of converter. the only way to get epic mats are through jeweled chests and missions and that makes them just a little more common than legendary catalysts. most of my crusaders have at least rare quality gear except for some of the newer event crusaders. i've got nearly 150 rares and a bunch of those have recipes for epics. thats 1500 epic materials i would need to upgrade all of them. i currently have 7.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 19th 2017 at 3:19 AM
Andreas
Vin, the ratio is 'worse' if you take all the material to convert it into epics. As an example, this is what I got from the last 100 Silver Chests:

324 Common = 32 Epic
73 Uncommon = 18 Epic
3 Rare = 1 Epic
So, you might get about 50 Epics out of 100 Silver Chests.

@Kenny: I do understand your struggle. I agree that it is becoming a real struggle since you need to wait so long to get an epic gear out of crafting. However, CNE has always stated that the focus for crafting was legendary crafting and upgrading of those legendary items. One piece of feedback a player has received recently was this:

"The mission system in general is meant to be complimentary to the game, and the crafting system is meant to provide aid, but to be there more for the legendary items. Getting chests while events are running is meant to be the best way to get the gear."

With this said, I'ld think that increasing drops from material chests might help you better and still be in line with the game mechanics.