Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Impossible Objective

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2017 at 8:43 AM
Teschio
Am I the only one that thinks that the "No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination" objective is truly impossible? I think the devs severely underestimated the impact of removing item bonuses...

I also like to point out that I'm not exactly new to the game, at 4.6M idols, but that's not even close to what would be needed. I find it hard to reach area 550, at this rate (and with diminishing returns) area 800 would be impossible even with 1B idols.

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2017 at 9:21 AM
snow
It's quite possible. Hard, but possible.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2017 at 9:41 AM
Last Edited July 4th 2017 at 9:45 AM
Animenut
"No item bonuses" as in no gear, or no trinkets? "Item" is kind of vague. If it doesn't affect gear, then probably a matter of just knowing how to milk as much DPS and/or gold find out of legendary gear. Not necessarily having legendary gear at their highest levels, but rather having lots of gear all have modest boosts that stack with eachother.

If "Items" includes gear, well then...$*@% that objective.

EDIT: Just checked for myself, and YUP, nope, no way. It's not bad enough they take away your gear, but ALSO disable formation abilities? Geez. That's unfair.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2017 at 10:29 AM
Andreas
Teschio, just for clarification. You are referring to Tier 3 of the objective, right?

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2017 at 10:32 AM
Raymond
don't you see his mention of area 800?

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2017 at 11:05 AM
Andreas
Thanks for the hint, Raymond. In fact, I did. But before anyone else might have the idea, the T1- or T2-version was meant, I wanted to get it out in writing.

Else either one of two cases might happen.

1 A player who has finished T1 and/or T2 might unknowingly mock Teschio because finishing T1 and T2 was doable.

2 A player who might have a serious chance to finish T1 and/or T2 with less than Teschio's idols might be demotivated.

Cheers! :-)

19 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2017 at 12:13 PM
Jothda
You are aware of the fact that you have to "kill" to fox to complete this objective? If the fox is killed, your DPS returnes to normal values.
Just position your best five crusaders behind and beside the fox, let the rest of the formation empty. After the fox is dead, you can - if you are not attacked - position further crusaders in front of the fox slot (e.g. to get more gold). But do not use the "load formation" buttons, as they will revive the fox.
PS: I have completed the objective with about 4 million idols; it was hard, but doable. For the last maybe 200 areas I had to "kill" the fox.

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2017 at 11:14 PM
snow
Now you spoiled it :o

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2017 at 2:27 AM
Teschio
Well, I never thought about killing the fox :D Yes, that would make it easy, thanks :)

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2017 at 5:25 AM
Raymond
now i am confused, i thought anyone doing the t3 would have learned how to do that objective during the t1 version of it, and if not then by doing the t2.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2017 at 6:13 AM
Teschio
I never needed to, I could complete those objectives easily even with the fox there :D