Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Brand New Event! The Yogscast Search for Simon

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2017 at 10:28 AM
Erika/Alyniana

We have teamed up with those lovely people over at Yogscast again to bring you an exclusive, and brand new event: The Yogscast Search for Simon.

We have teamed up with those lovely people over at Yogscast again to bring you an exclusive, and brand new event: The Yogscast Search for Simon.

Two brand new Crusaders to recruit! Turps the Tasty swaps with Emo Werewolf, and Sjin the Builder swaps with Sarah the Collector.

Check out more on the blog!

You'll have until June 20th at Noon PDT to complete the event!

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2017 at 3:01 PM
Last Edited June 8th 2017 at 3:03 PM
Azamagon
Nice event! :)

The 2 new Crusaders are really awesome, that's for sure (so much spawnspeed and questboosting! This is gonna be fun...)

The areas' quests had me smiling quite a bit, and outright laughing when I saw Sjelda for the first time :D

I also liked the crazy campaign objectives (im on the last one right now, before farming freeplay - I had a +400% spawnspeed mission so I could blaze through everything - once I had checked all the area quests of course ^_^). I liked that the last 2 objectives highly promotes niche Crusaders too (Like Petra for her instant high splashdamage + Healers like Brogon and Rayna)

Only 2 complaints I'd put in would be
1) Prop Hunt -> Due to the capped damage + healing enemies + instakill enemies. If you got unlucky spawning (happened to me twice!) they could wipe anything, which is annoying to say the least. Fitting to the objective's description at least, so I guess it's intended? :P
2) Sjin's Let's Build! doesn't always work.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2017 at 8:10 PM
Last Edited June 8th 2017 at 8:31 PM
malor89
Sjin's build timer seems to reset on area advance, so you have to hang around on an area for 10 seconds for each construct. Once built they rotate in and out without a problem.

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2017 at 5:39 AM
Azamagon
@malor89
As far as I have experienced his ability:
-> When it works, it works without any need to hang around in an area for 10+ seconds, just like other timed abilities (just like Short Circuit and Mimic)
-> When it doesn't work, it simply doesn't work at ALL for the rest of the run. Yes, I have tried waiting for the constructs to pop up, but nothing happens. Yes, I have tried restarting both the game and Steam. But nope, it just simply fails to work at all.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2017 at 12:17 PM
Erika/Alyniana
It's a British Invasion weekend!

There will be no email this week.

Keep an eye on social media for your free British Jeweled chest this weekend.

202 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2017 at 2:14 PM
Carlene Paquette
Can someone please explain how to get the Is it Murder or Suicide? quest/achievement? I have no idea who Sjelda is or how I'm supposed to complete this one.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2017 at 2:22 PM
Last Edited June 12th 2017 at 2:39 PM
Andreas
Sjelda is one of the boss monsters. The way to get the achievement easiest, level up Sjin and go back to where Sjelda is. That should be 25 or every 50 levels after that.

202 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2017 at 7:06 PM
Carlene Paquette
Thanks! I guess I'll have to try that tomorrow. Apparently I sent Sjin off on a long quest and he's not back for more than 13 hours :(

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2017 at 11:15 PM
Andreas
when he's back you still have a week left. Fair warning, though: This appears to be the first of the event's sixth achievements you can't get outside of the event.

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 13th 2017 at 6:51 AM
snow
There are others you can only get during an event.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 13th 2017 at 8:06 AM
Raymond
yes, one or 2 others in the past.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 13th 2017 at 8:09 AM
thedude
The very first one ever was event formation exclusive.

202 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 13th 2017 at 9:03 AM
Carlene Paquette
Is there a full list of these achievements somewhere?

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 13th 2017 at 9:13 AM
thedude
If you want a flippant answer, I would say the achievement tab in the game.

If you want a slightly better one, try http://crusaders-of-the-lost-idols.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements

202 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 13th 2017 at 10:20 AM
Carlene Paquette
Thanks!

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 13th 2017 at 10:31 AM
Raymond
the achievement tab in the game is hardly 'a full list' unless you do not care about stacked achievements, and technically also any achievements you have never done (like some event ones perhaps).
BUT I think the achievements list in Kong does have a tab on 'pending' achievements.