Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Crusader HP internal code messes up heavy tanking in case of lag (!?)

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2017 at 9:09 AM
Mr Cook
So, I'm tanking about 700 enemies with Greyskull, to get plunder up. Then I use Alan's resurrection and Princess' magnified Fire Storm to wipe them out. But, occasionally the game lags for 1-2 seconds when I cast Fire Storm. Next thing you know Greyskull is dead before Fire Storm hits, and plunder goes to waste.

It looks like the game sums the damage during the lag and causes it full at once on the tank, so the healing it takes can't compensate. That's how it feels.

The game may lag for whatever reason, and tanking so many enemies takes up time. If my assumption is true is it possible to fix this? I'd hate to abandon this strategy.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2017 at 9:50 AM
Teschio
Question: why are you doing this? If it's for an objective, then go ahead, but as a farming tactic it is VERY inefficient. Generally, you should reset the moment you stop instakilling. Tanking strategies are not how farming is supposed to work.

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2017 at 9:57 AM
Mr Cook
Answer: Thanks to the recent nerf of gold awarding legendary gear, I got very low on gold. I have a hard time on some objectives I would cruise before.

Btw Greyskull's tanking is supposed to work this way.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2017 at 11:21 AM
Teschio
Yes, but you're not supposed to tank in the first place, except for objectives! And even then, you would be better off just doing freeplays until you have enough idols to tackle the objective easily. The ONLY objectives in which you should tank are those that require you to reach such high areas that you normally can't reach when you CAP your heroes. If an objective takes you more than 12 hours, abandon it and do freeplays instead.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2017 at 12:28 PM
Erika/Alyniana
I don't think we ever intended players to tank 700 monsters at a time.

I can add it to the suggestion list, but the time required to separate out the various pieces of the system, would probably be unrealistic to expect.