Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Long Overdo Appreciation Thread

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2017 at 7:03 PM
kripmom
I love the new tier 4 talents! I looked thru some titles and I haven't seen any that tell the dev's how much all their effort and hard work is appreciated!
So I'm sure they would love to hear how much all their work is appreciated once in awhile, instead of just the game issues people are having.
While we grind away on objectives and freeplays, they grind away thinking of new ways to keep the game interesting for all of us
Kudos on a job well done!!!!

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2017 at 8:09 PM
Animenut
If there was a "Like" button, I'd click it. Much agreed. Shame that people are spending more time and energy criticizing ideas than appreciating them. I like these new talents. Useful, fun, and creative.

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2017 at 6:24 AM
Azamagon
Yup, they have done a great job with this game. Great new talents, a good rebalancing, even being considerate about people's legendary investments (the disenchantment thing) and even smaller things like the golden legendaries keeping their name and graphical effects!
Kudos indeed!

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2017 at 11:30 AM
FingerDemon
I enjoy having a fun long-term idle game to play on the side. The way CE works to keep it fresh, keeps me happy to purchase chest packages from time to time.

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2017 at 1:42 AM
Last Edited June 3rd 2017 at 1:44 AM
KameRose
Addictively enthralling would be the words I use to describe this game.

The devs here are simply fabulous. I don't think there was ever an update that I didn't absolutely love. Wait, I take that back. I /did/ hate weekend buffs after the 10th weekend in a row but now I'm just like 'Yay! A new GE!' and then 'why is my DPS/GB different?'

With a measly staff of 14, not all of which are working on CotLI mind you, they have done wonders. Bugs are always fixed in a timely manner, which is much appreciated. Support tickets are always responded to. Usually within a business day, often times quicker. They not only listen to what players say, but actively seek out thier opinions. How many other games have you played where you were on a first name basis with the developers?

Honestly, the fact that the developers are so active within the community and so reachable is probably one of the main reason I have stayed with this game.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2017 at 10:33 AM
Animenut
Like Amanda said, it is really impressive how CNE handles both the game and the community with a small development team. Games are not easy to upkeep, and while a game like this certainly isn't anywhere near as complex as some AAA game, obviously, any game with regular updates takes a lot of effort. 14 staff members is a VERY small development team to not all even be working on a game, let alone the same game. Much respect for the effort put into both the game and the community acknowledgement.

I'd compare their player acknowledgment and friendliness to Artix Entertainment. They set the bar for friendly, wonderful developers. Their "work days" tend to consist of dressing up in armor from characters in their games and having play fights. That is part of their job! The CEO is a total lovable dork with an endless obsession for bad puns, and he says that when creating games like AdventureQuest, it is important to keep creativity and fun as priorities, and having fun on the job helps keep the staff creative, happy, and motivated. They refuse to use automated responses because they value every single piece of feedback they get from their many players, as well as almost every one of their games having a whole shop specifically meant for selling items that are player suggestions, always including credit for the player's username in the item description itself. The CEO was on American Ninja Warrior, a show for only the most athletic people, which Adam (the CEO) is not, but he was wearing PALADIN ARMOR (what his in-game character wears) for the challenge and failed immediately, falling into the water and then bursting out triumphantly. He knew he wouldn't get even close to winning, but it was something silly and fun. Because of this, he put a new armor in the game: "Scuba Paladin". That's the kind of silliness you can expect from the CEO of the company, but I think the crowning achievement that proves, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that he is the best CEO and Artix Entertainment is the friendliest ever...

Wait for iiiit...

Waaaiiiit for iiiiitttt...

On the site's update page, he invited ALL the players from all games to his WEDDING! Obviously the players would not be able to physically make it, so he posted a video of the wedding (which is amazingly nerdy is the most awesome ways imaginable) for everyone to see. He said "The Artix Entertainment fans have been just as big a part of my life as anyone attending my wedding, so you all deserve to be here as much as anyone else! Thank you all for letting me be a part of your life, and thank you all for your wonderful support over all these years!"

Adam Bohn (the CEO) is one of my favorite people on this planet, and I have never even personally met the guy. He's just that personal in his games that you still feel like you know him. I was an alpha tester for one of the new AE games, so I did actually get a chance to talk to Adam in the test servers, and he's just as silly and lovable in pseudo-person.

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2017 at 12:59 PM
kripmom
So happy to see that others have added to this thread!

Keep the compliments coming, the dev's really deserve them!

They are the most friendly and helpful people I have ever come across in the many games I've played online!

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2017 at 1:43 PM
jirges
Devs are friendly. The t4 stuff is nice, thank you.. thank you very much.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2017 at 3:13 PM
nozz
I also just want to say thanks to the devs for a great game. I didn't realize how small the team was so I am even more impressed and enjoy the different paces at which the game can be played. Job well done and thanks to all of you.