Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Base DPS balance / legendary downgrade feedback / animal -99 a.p. add suggestion

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 17th 2017 at 5:35 PM
thedude
Werewolf is worse than other DPS crusaders because of where he is in the order. When he hits his level cap, for the same price Sarah still has 250 levels to go and Nate has almost 500.

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 3:24 AM
Last Edited May 18th 2017 at 3:25 AM
BeigeMidnight
levelcap and base dps are 2 different unrelated functions. im glad to see that you can copypast some basic wiki info but its absolutely out of place. and current thread is for future updates, not for existings

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 4:27 AM
Andreas
Beige, you received quite a lot of feedback with regards to your question but chose to argue against it. This makes any fruitful discussion quite difficult to maintain.

Also, reading about new crusaders being 'trash' might not be the best opener.

But, let's see for your questions:

> Can you boost all of crusaders amd make some balance
I'ld be very surprised if this was coming in. As Teschio mentioned already, small things excluded, the game is balanced and works as designed.

> Or, maybe you can add a legendary downgrade and transfer functions.
I think this was requested before in an AMA and Erika mentioned something about the Player's suggestions list.

> Also, would be great if you'll add some supernatural/animal buffer crusaders with "attack priority -99" passive ability.
Same as the second one, this will probably be put on the players suggestions list. However, it being very specific for Emo, I wouldn't put very much money on it being implemented.

I'll pick just one other comment made by you:

> [..] as i said im playing with WW from the start. not only after reaching max levels as you said.
What is meant here is that you shouldn't use Emo after level cap. it doesn't matter how long you were able to play with him. It's simply that a level capped Emo doesn't have the same DPS as a level capped Kiz or Terminator if you work your formation right. Oh, and since you put this in your last comment: Of course there is a connection between level cap and base DPS. Since level cap is static 6,000 levels for every crusader max, the Base DPS is absolutely important.

> ive got full golden-epic/epic very early for WW and after playing ~600 days i still have rare slots on other 19 default crusaders
Days don't matter in this game. You can have whatever days you want, what matters is how active you play the game. As an indication: how many jeweled chests have you opened? If it is about 500 to 600, I'ld say the risks absolutely are valid, you don't have the first 20 on full epic. If you have opened more then 2,000 then it's really bad luck.

> epic recipe quests 9/10 fail with 95-97%. im done with them.
How many have failed with that percentage for you vs. how many have you run? Again, you are chosing against something and blame the game for the missing opportunity? That's hard to follow. RNG is always cruel and mean. But it is the same for everybody. Sometimes, you suceed 40% missions, sometimes you fail 95% and there are cases where you fail a 95% mission twice in a row. Yeah, it happens.

> im also member of another community and there are a lot of people with millions of idols and they are also not ready to swap their fav crusader with a new added weird trash.
So, what did those players tell you what to do? You said they aren't ready to swap their fav [sic!] crusader, but which crusader do those high end players have? I have serious doubts they are using Emo. Also 'new added weird trash'? Wow, that's some motivation to have a sensible discussion right from the start.

> if i had a desire to play more and swap, where i can get 15k materials right now for the last 2 objectives? easy to say "swap".
I check the game on three occasions per day and can calculate 100 chests at the least. Each time I open those 100 chests there are about 250 to 350 common materials, there. So, I'ld calculate 50 days of continous play, more if you check less often, less if you take event and jewel chests into account. Hardly 2 to 3 years.

Cheers!

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 5:09 AM
Vingummi
+1 to Andreas for taking the time to explain this in a very good way.

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 6:30 AM
BeigeMidnight
Andreas, the help forum / gameplay discussions on another section. you should probably learn the difference between personal suggestions 'player->dev' and threads for whatever you want to discuss or troll. and please stop thinking that all people must play just like you.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 6:59 AM
Andreas
> you should probably learn the difference between personal suggestions 'player->dev' and threads for whatever you want to discuss [..]

Having your first post in mind - especially this quote:

> [..] and i need to know how can i get the last achievements - area 800 and 900 in Amusement Park?

May I suggest the same?

> please stop thinking that all people must play just like you
My apologies if my post suggested it. I can assure you that I don't want you to play like I do. In fact, I don't think anybody should follow what I'm doing. Madness lies that way. Nor do I think everybody should play the same way. Game goals, private lifes, weird internet fetishes and whatever you might think can have influence in your style and that's absolutely fine.

However, if you ask how to get to area 900 on Amuesement Park and insist the game design has to change at its core just you don't have to adapt and respond to any feedback by calling names without any sign of tolerating the feedback, I'm not really sure what you are expecting, here. Maybe you are right and we should end this discussion. You have made your point clear and Erika will see this and might decide to forward your request and maybe changes are implemented.

I think, though, that other posters before me had the same intent in warning you, your expectations don't have good chances and you might be better off changing your way of playing instead of - how did you wrote it so nicely - "thinking that all people must play just like you".

With this, I'm off. It's summer, where I am so I wish you luck and all the best for now :-)

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 8:05 AM
thedude
>levelcap and base dps are 2 different unrelated functions.

my point is that he is an inherently inferior crusader. Those last 250 levels that Sarah has give six orders of magnitude of extra DPS. If you are hitting your wall before you hit level cap, then never mind. But but I hit level cap at or before level 800 in every formation; if you are having trouble getting past 900, I have trouble believing base DPS is your problem.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 8:25 AM
Raymond
i outlined several possibilities of what i think his problem is

35 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 9:15 AM
Athlon4
I just have to comment one statment in the opening post

>CotLI is all about grind and changing the formation from animal to robo/human is simply like a starting a new game.

Why are there so many objectives where you have to change your formation, and why are new crusaders added, when this game is about having the exact same formation all the time? Just a thought, but maybe you schould take another look at the game.

Sure it's also about grinding, but working on a good formation is also a big part.

If you don't want to do anything for it, don't await the devs to change it the way, that you can "win" it.

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 10:33 AM
BeigeMidnight
Andreas, That was rhetorical question from my side. And noone forced you to sheetpost on every thread about your lifeproblems which does not (really) concern me. I'm not psychologist for every offtopic troll

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 11:41 AM
BeigeMidnight
forgot about #4. farm is good with Mindy + Baenarall + Billy. would be perfect quadra-combo with an autopickup crusader. i have the 2nd pc for CotLI only but i dont like to use autoloot bots/soft because my cat jumps on the pc table very often and disturbs any script activity

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 12:32 PM
Teschio
First, trolls argue to provoke, and they never use reason or logic. Andreas never does that. Calling everyone that disagrees wih you a troll just shows that you are incapable of defending your positions logically and have to resort to ad hominem (a logical fallacy). Unfortunately for you, you apparently haven't been told that any time you start attacking someone instead of responding to what he said, you are not "winning" the discussion, you have already lost it.

Second, these forums are for open debate. They are not a one-directional channel between you and the devs. If you want that, use support tickets. When you write here, you must expect that people disagree with you, and if your ideas have any value you should be able to defend them (something you did not).

Third, you are demanding (or suggesting, but the tone was more that of a demand) that the devs change the game to adapt to your playstyle, citing an "imbalance" that does not exist. If you want to stick with Werewolf, fine do it, but then you can't complain if you can't complete hard objectives. Your playstyle has to adapt to the game, not vice-versa. Until level cap is raised, for example, there is absolutely ZERO chance that you can reach area 900 in Amusement Park with Werewolf, it doesn't matter if all of your crusaders have lvl 10 legendaries. The level cap make it impossible. I had to use Exterminator (for the higher damage when capped), a tanking/clicking formation, had to upgrade specific legendaries and used a lot of buffs and warps (some just to refresh Firestorm!) in order to do it, and I have over 3M idols... if you're not playing this game in an efficient way (i.e., adapt your formation to your needs, and maybe avoid blowing all your crafting resources on a meaningless upgrade for a DPSer), you can't ask that the devs adapt to YOU.

And now, go on and call me a troll, since you clearly can't respond to what I wrote any other way...

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 12:37 PM
Last Edited May 18th 2017 at 12:38 PM
Raymond
not to troll or be argumentative here, but didn't you state once, or many times, that tanking has no place in this game? LOL
p.s. thanks though for the hint, i do not use exterminator at all yet even though i made one epic a legendary simply to reach the 50/50 legendaries sooner.
am doing T3's and the last 2 of those apod's are still to be done also.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 1:43 PM
Teschio
No, I said that tanking is so situational that a minor tweak to it (bring the oldest enemies to the front) was not worthy of the time it would take to be implement. I never said that tanking has NO place, but that its place is minor. And it is, 99.99% of the time you should not be tanking monsters.

PS: I'm not using the Exterminator either, although I will once I can get a few more epics and legendaries online, switching to a robot-based formation. Not that it makes any difference, I am getting 138k levels every single run, and I actually progress about 80 areas once everyone is maxed, instakilling everything without any need for clicking or tanking formations... until the level cap is raised, changing formation will give a negligible boost to my idol gain.

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 6:19 PM
FingerDemon
If you can re-spec Talents, why not be able to re-spec Legendarys as well?
Perhaps at a high cost of like 50 Catalysts or something...
Probably too difficult or time consuming to program, though.

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2017 at 11:57 PM
BeigeMidnight
I already asked about materials/catalysts respec on kongregate a few months ago. (but catalyst respec is less important because of ingame craft-achivements "craft ... 50, 100 pieces of leg. gear")

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2017 at 1:54 PM
Borlaak_The_Mighty
Besides all the arguing going on, there is a part of the OP that I would like to see a change in. As of now, you are fairly pigeonholed as to what crusaders you can use after you reach a certain point in the game. It would be nice to see something implemented to make all crusaders equal from a base dps standpoint (tier 4 talent?). I think this would open up so many more options to play the game with many different possibilities on formations.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 20th 2017 at 1:44 AM
Andreas
FingerDemon: If turning legendary items back was a thing, I'ld wonder less about the catalys cost, but how much material I get back. Also, how epic material is turned back into epic material since the game doesn't store how a player upgraded their gear. And how the catalyst cost of crafting itself is dealt with since the game doesn't store for how many catalysts you have crafted a certain gear either.

Borlaak, and a huge part of the discussion was about why players do not think this is a good idea. I would be one of them. Having everybody with the same DPS doesn't make much sense from my perspective. Think about how you started with the game. How big would your motivation have been if the expensive crusaders turned out with the same DPS in your formation. Your progress in the earlier levels would have been diminished. As I see it, it is the same on a bigger scale once you get gear, EPs, XPs and whatnot. What you ask for is changing the game dramatically and which might end up causing more problems.
As for your variety: There is variety. You are free to chose as well. But as Teschio pointed out: There are limits if you want to reach the most difficult objectives. Once you get more idols, more EPs or better gear on your favorite DPS crusader, you might succeed in beating the new lvl 900 objective. But it's no guarantee. And that is absolutely fine. If you could breeze through every objective with every combination possible, the game would be extremely boring.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 20th 2017 at 6:59 AM
Borlaak_The_Mighty
Yes, starting the game out with everything the same would not be a good idea. As of now though, any dps lower than probably seat 15 is completely worthless. No, this does not stop me from using sub-par crusaders from time to time.

My whole problem is there are only a few viable options available if you want to push farther. For the most part, that really is not even a problem.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2017 at 12:13 PM
Puddlejumper
Any DPS lower than 15 does become completely worthless in most scenarios after a certain point in time - this is a mostly true statement.

If you choose to use a sub-par crusader for one of the more challenging objectives in the game, you're going to hit some pretty heavy walls which will not be overcome for an excessive amount of time.

The idea that there are only a few viable options available to push farther is what gives the game it's challenge. I've beaten all objectives - so I know how possible each one is. You simply need to constantly adapt to the formation, the skills available, the objective roadblocks, and the distance you're going to have to push.

Since 900 was what appears to have spawned this conversation, I will let you know that my DPS crusader was capped long before 900 (all of my crusaders were actually), I had to triple stack DPS buffs to achieve the goal, I had to use a clicking formation which worked well with my DPS crusader, storm rider was pretty heavily used throughout the event, it required constant attention for the last 100 levels or so, and I still had to get rediculously creative with tanking and fire bombing for the last 50 levels or so. 30 minute warps were needed in order to drop fire storm quite a lot.

I'm not saying my solution is the only one - and perhaps there is a solution that will allow you to autokill the whole way that I have not found. 900 was not easy, but I'm guessing that the intent was to put goals that are excessively challenging for the die hard players that are out there.