Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Stats Transfer between platforms
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 15th 2017 at 11:52 AM
anjou.rift
I figured this was worth a new post.

Just got word today that AOL will be no longer carrying BW2 as of June 12th. For those of us that play via AOL, will there be another platform that we can use that will allow us to not lose our current progress? I really enjoy the game, but the idea of starting over kind of throws a damper in my enthusiasm for it. :(
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 15th 2017 at 1:37 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi anjou,

We're sorry that AOL is removing the game, but they felt it wasn't a fit for their new direction.

If you open a support ticket, then Nick can discuss the options.

Best,
Erika
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 15th 2017 at 5:22 PM
Joyce
I opened a support ticket earlier today with similar questions. No response yet.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted May 16th 2017 at 8:46 AM
Jayjaybad
I'm in the same boat with AOL. Eager to find out about options. Hopefully it can be done.
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 16th 2017 at 10:21 AM
peggyt1950
Same here. I've played without missing a day for nearly four years and there is no way I will start over on another platform. Opening a support ticket and crossing my fingers. I already know it is available on Big Fish Games.
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 16th 2017 at 2:13 PM
Joyce
I'm posting my response so anyone can see it. I would suggest putting this in the news so everyone on Games.com who would like to do this can see it. I'm also assuming it has to be done before 6/12.

-----------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for writing this ticket.

We appreciate the support you’ve given BW2 during its time on AOL Games. We’d be happy to transfer your progress to a new platform so you can continue to play.

We recommend Kongregate (http://www.kongregate.com/games/DJArtsGames/bush-whacker-2/) and Facebook (https://apps.facebook.com/bushwhackertwo/). BW2 is also on Big Fish Games (http://www.bigfishgames.com/online-games/21181/bush-whacker-2).

Once you’ve created a new account on one of these platforms, please load BW2 and create a support ticket from that account mentioning you’d like the progress from from AOL Games transferred to it.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Nick
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 16th 2017 at 2:36 PM
peggyt1950
I tried first moving to Big Fish Games but their link to create a support ticket is "unavailable" right now, so I opened an account on Kongregate and created a support ticket there. I haven't heard anything as yet, but I will let you know what they say when I get a response. Thanks for sharing that with those of us who are in the same situation.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 16th 2017 at 2:51 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Joyce: The BW2 news on AOL does tell you to put in a support ticket. It would be preferable if you did it before June 12th, but since the game is saved on our servers, we can look you up in our database by your AOL user name if it's distinct enough.

@ peggyt1950: Sorry to hear you had issues creating a ticket on Big Fish. Were you using this button to try?
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 16th 2017 at 3:04 PM
peggyt1950
Yes, I used that button and then got a page with a rectangle with this in it
"Have a question about how this game works?
Get help with your account, purchases, and more.
Get Help" where I clicked the "Get Help" and it opened a page that says this "This site has been disabled for the time being." I've since moved to Kongregate and opened a support ticket there. Hopefully, from the Kongregate support ticket, I can give you my user name and be moved with all my "goodies" still there.