Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
New areas??
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2017 at 7:09 AM
Ruth Orozco
I don't remember when the last new areas came out and I know you've been busy with the events, but is any hope of new areas soon?? I'm biding my time, only playing for a couple minutes each day, to avoid the flux (which I would only do once) and I'm on my last SBA. Thanks...
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2017 at 2:06 PM
Raymond
if you would like to refresh your memory, right up top next to where you clicked 'forums' is the great and fascinating 'news' which has every update, every event, every release of things like pets or buildings, every Nate and every Kaine... a nice read once in a while.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2017 at 7:16 PM
Ruth Orozco
That's great, but all it says it what's happened in the PAST, not when new areas are opening up. And the "news" are all items we can see on the opening screen of the game.
Maybe the Moderators can answer, so I'm spared the sarcasm.I'd be happy with "coming soon", "not for a few months" or even "we have no idea". You know, Raymond--a straight, helpful answer. At least you didn't call me stupid...
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2017 at 8:26 PM
Last Edited April 22nd 2017 at 8:27 PM
Raymond
coming soon, sometime in the future, generation 8 pets.
coming soon, sometime in the future, a daily quest hub of some sort with about a dozen achievements (can be seen in 'profile'). quest hub in the explorer camp.
coming soon, sometime in the future, more to do with the lockboxes.
coming soon, sometime in the future unless the game is over, a new area and thus a new bunch of SBA's for it and a Nate and Kaine for it, and flux.
when is soon? nobody knows, and these DEvs have never even acknowledged an event will start 'today' or 'tomorrow' when asked in an active chat session the day of or day before it did come out.
one just hast to keep checking.

I personally was disappointed that they stopped the weekly mini quests that came 3 ir 4 times in a row earlier this year, had hoped it was a permanent weekly thing.
Lvl 440 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2017 at 4:38 AM
Sarah Bye
If I''m not mistaken...the last new area update, The Spine of the World, was in September 2016 :-<

http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=bw2&post_id=402#blog
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2017 at 11:32 AM
Ruth Orozco
Thank you, Sarah--that gives me a time frame and is helpful.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2017 at 12:41 PM
Raymond
and the news is a lot easier to scroll through then the blog. but i don't mind the snub LOL
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2017 at 3:43 PM
Last Edited April 24th 2017 at 3:44 PM
Erika/Alyniana
We started releasing change logs on the blog again when we've been making changes worth noting.

The next content update is coming soon. Nick is doing his best, but it's a pretty big update to solo. :)
258 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2017 at 6:24 PM
Cindy Hefferman
yeah come on...if you arent planning any new areas because you are creating another game..let us know so we can jump ship
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2017 at 7:08 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Theve said time and time again there working on new content if ur that bored and impaitent feel free to quit.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2017 at 7:49 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Just for some clarity theres usualy a new zone after the patriots day event which is 3 event from now thats 3 months of dailies and 1 explorers legue.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2017 at 10:57 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Cindy: Bush Whacker 2 has its own developer. He will keep the game alive as long as he is able.

Though since he is having to learn 5 years of code and tricks, his content releases take a little more time then when Justin was doing the heavy lifting.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2017 at 12:25 PM
Ruth Orozco
@Raymond--sorry about the snub! It just felt like you weren't answering my actual question, which was when do "we" even think there might possibly be new content. And Sarah, Matthew and Erika did better LOL! I know scrolling through the news is easier, but it doesn't tell us anything until it's upon us, so isn't as helpful...cheers!!