Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Event Update: St. Patrick's Event 2017
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2017 at 1:06 PM
Kathy Jacobs
I gotta say, just saw this guy floating around time and he made me laugh! Hope you all are getting to see his antics too!
https://www.screencast.com/t/VfEetnpLUY
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2017 at 1:37 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
This is from justin about hte bushes not scaling work around

They may need to whack the set of existing spawned bushes before ones with the proper level will spawn
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2017 at 3:33 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Yes,,, well it is too late for me to try the latter comment...It should have been out sooner like Friday.. March 10..not today.......(just saying),....
90 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 14th 2017 at 7:49 AM
davepagsny
How does the Whack a Rainbow quest from 2013 work? Is there a way to complete the prior "Seeing Double" quest during this event?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 14th 2017 at 7:54 AM
Raymond
wiki says how, if it's even possible this year. to see that go to the blog for this event in the first post
http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Event_2013
90 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 14th 2017 at 12:36 PM
davepagsny
Thanks Raymond. I should have thought of that.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 14th 2017 at 3:18 PM
Last Edited March 14th 2017 at 3:20 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Heather Collings: The Clover for the St. Patrick's event dialog will only show if all the puzzles in the field aren't completed.

If it is a completed field, you need to walk out of it until the "St. Patrick's Day event" title appears under your level bar.

-
@ Barbara: Congratulations on finishing the puzzle when the bushes were 1 energy. As the quest was not meant to be done within a day, players who did spend the time on it to complete it won't be compensated.

-
@ Everyone: If you normally receive quest items or puzzle pieces within 1 quick whack of the 6 bushes/monsters on the screen, you need to spend that much energy on whacking 1 energy bushes before you will get a quest drop.

Quest drops and puzzle pieces are based on energy spent to gain them, which is why it took "forever" to get puzzle pieces in Rainbow Island when the bushes were level 1.

Some players intentionally whack level 1 bushes and creatures though, to get the 10 million whacked achievements.

We have it noted down to double check that the bushes in separate areas for events are set to scale with your level.

-

@ Ricky the Fish: The Leprechauns are both energy and time based.

If you spend an epic amount of energy, you could in theory whack up all 8 Leprechauns in one day.

Otherwise, as the days go by, the leprechauns get easier to find, so by the 8th day you will definitely have all the hatted leprechauns.
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 14th 2017 at 3:40 PM
Kathy Jacobs
Erika, do the boxes with the question marks do anything or will they do anything later? Don't need to know what they do/will do, but want to know if it is worth going back every day to see if they do anything yet. (Puzzle finished. Plants finished. Boxes not yet doing anything when I attempt to whack them.)
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 14th 2017 at 4:40 PM
Last Edited March 15th 2017 at 8:53 AM
Barbara Tompkins
@ Erika......When an event comes out, I am not in a hurry to get it done ASAP...It is my red & blue packs/sandwiches/gifts etc etc that enables me to get any kind of Quests done such as dailies, event quests and or new content quests..I enjoy the game so much that whatever quests that has to be done I will try and get it done...(it is not for any million achievements..)..I love BW2 game since I am soo addicted to it..I play for hours some days because it relaxes me. IT is.....just like my ranch to decorate to my liking no one elses liking. I feel good about what ever I have achieved in BW2..

It has been a challenge for me but I have perservered.(and of course great/awesome help from certain ppl that have made me understand the game better and how to play..it...better..)....I am proud of what I can do and try to get it done..Haha,, to me this game is great for me to play at my age even ..go figure ayee..haha and the wiki is my best friend as well.There is just so much helpful info there..I am still learning after what ,, 4 years I say if not longer..
So on that note I play BW2 with my fav music ( Celine Dion)..WOW, what a way to go.. I say..Life is good...haha (just saying )

So,,,, if,, I do get anyy quest's etc done in day, I say good for Barb....I have achieved again...
Post by Matthew Kliparchuk deleted March 15th 2017 at 11:15 PM
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 14th 2017 at 10:46 PM
Raymond
Matthew, it was countless hours, yes, BUT it was no more energy with bushes costing 1&2 vs costing 38.
I actually think it was less. Did you not notice that even though the bushes costed 1&2, they awarded mana and energy/fruit and other rewards as if they were higher cost bushes? As such our actual outlay cost was less but a lot more whacking.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 15th 2017 at 1:47 AM
Russel Denton
Ok so a few players have gotten their noses outta joint cause the Rainbows End Island Quest had bushes at 1-2 energy, and from that a few other players complained about how long it took to get puzzle pieces from those bushes that were 1-2 energy, so the devs in their good manner changed things up to solve the problem which is much appreciated but now those players who completed the puzzle before the change are now asking if they will get some form of compensation which seems fair.

So on the forums players expressed their disconcern about the whole Rainbow End Island thing and Dev Erika/Alyniana has stated that those players will not be compensated causs the quest was meant to go for a few days…..ok fair enough
Dev Erika/Alyniana answered those questions about the Rainbow End Island Quest to her best ability, but I did a bit of digging of my own and sent a ticket in about the Rainbows End Island Quest , this is what I asked

“ To The Devs

As you all know there was a glitch/bug with the Rainbow’s End Island bushes, and that some people like myself spent LOTS of energy for hours to solve the puzzle, then you fixed the bug/glitch which is good of you, but are you planning to compensate those players who solved the puzzle before the fix or what, just asking that’s all

From Russel Denton”

And dev Nick replied as follows

“Hi Russel

Thanks for writing this ticket

We are currently considering compensation for the past server issues. We may include some additional compensation for the Rainbow’s End Island issue with that.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Nick

So basically we have one dev saying one thing and another stating another,

Now no disrespect intended to the devs but you all need to get your story straight cause you have one dev saying one thing and another saying another,

So are those players who completed the Rainbow’s End Island before the fix get compensated or not,

Personally i dont care if i get compensated or not cause no one forced me to do the puzzle within a day , i just did it cause i had the energy to spare,

From a dedicated player
Russel Denton
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 15th 2017 at 9:43 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Kathy: There will be nothing to do with those boxes. They are just yellowy-gold coloured, so they were used to decorate the zone.

They were used before in the Cloudland areas for access to one of secret bonus areas.

@ Russel: As far as I know, there will be no compensation. Nick may have changed his mind, since it was his mistake. But as Raymond mentioned, there wasn't any energy "lost", just extra time spent on it.
216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2017 at 3:10 PM
Heather Collings
Anyone else finding that leprechauns dont appear often enough when whacking bushes to get enough clovers to exchange in event shop for items? Ive got 9 more event items left to get in 6 days? Its not usually this much of rare drop in other events
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2017 at 5:19 PM
Raymond
with 7 days left and 7 days done you will be complete long before the end at the rate you are going.
and here some math on leprechaun item drops from the wiki
Because each of these chances are independent of each other, it's possible to have a leprechaun drop nothing, but it's also possible to have a leprechaun drop multiple items. In the end it will average out to 1 drop per leprechaun.

Here's a table for all the mathies out there:

1 Station Unlocked: (1 Leprechaun captured) 100% 3 Leprechaun Gold

(1.0 * 1) = 1 drop per leprechaun

2 Stations Unlocked: (3 Leprechauns captured) 25% Nothing 25% 3 Gold 25% 3 Beer 25% 3 Gold + 3 Beer

(.25 * 0) + (.25 * 1) + (.25 * 1) + (.25 * 2) = 1 drop per leprechaun

3 Stations Unlocked: (5 Leprechauns captured) 29.6% Nothing 14.8% 3 Gold 14.8% 3 Beer 14.8% 3 Clovers 7.4% 3 Gold + 3 Beer 7.4% 3 Gold + 3 Clovers 7.4% 3 Beer + 3 Clovers 3.7% 3 Gold + 3 Beer + 3 Clovers

(.296 * 0) + (.148 * 1) + (.148 * 1) + (.148 * 1) + (.074* 2) + (.074 * 2) + (.074 * 2) + (.037 * 3) = 1 drop per leprechaun
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2017 at 1:05 PM
Flybaby
@Kathy Jacobs - I am so glad you asked about the boxes with the question marks. I too, was going back every day to check for more to do. I thought I may have missed something.

@ Erika - Thank you for the response about the boxes. No offense, but I found it just a little misleading to re-use graphics from cloudland, and have them serve no purpose as they did originally. Normally, a question mark indicates that there is something to be done.
I also thought sure there was more to be done in that area, because the elf still saying "I hope you made sure to poke around a bit. There are nifty things all about here," (apparently there is nothing else to be found at this point)
Just one other little confusing thing (maybe I was just tired), was when the elf said to take one of the pots of gold home [that were running around]. I kept clicking on them, hoping to catch one, to no avail (no pop up indicating I caught one). Then today, I was pleasantly surprised to find one among my companions in my inventory.
All in all ... still a fun event. Happy St Pat's!
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2017 at 5:29 PM
Last Edited March 18th 2017 at 5:30 PM
Barbara Tompkins
@ davepagsny.....I did the ''Seeing Double'''ach't this event..It was easy..All I did was follow the pic/map in St. Pats event 2013 or just read what items are required for all 8 leps....I actually had fun doing it.It took me about 1/2 hr...no longer to get it done....Now I have the Achievement that I needed according to my ach't list for St Pats....I also have the, My Rainbow and My Leprechaun achievement as well..So it is doable okay..gl have fun doing it .

@ Erika...It would be awesome to see a quest for the ? boxes In the Rainbow's End Isle.It would be a shame not to...It is such a great colorful design and fun to be in the Isle.(just saying)..Moreover, finish St Pats Event off with a big bang...
90 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2017 at 6:59 PM
davepagsny
Thanks Barbara. It was enjoyable.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2017 at 11:11 AM
Barbara Tompkins
YES, I enjoyed it as well and your welcome davepagsny..:)
Lvl 400 "Savior of Sanctuary"
227 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2017 at 8:33 PM
Leona Virgo
remember the one lady who told you to look for the rainbow bridge leprechaun was told it likes taking things, thats why there is all kinds of "gold" things up there.

it would of been nice if the dialog was changed a bit if you did get everything, like "i'll have to hide my favorite items better next time"

the rainbow bridge was very nice and the new beer quest is funny