Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
WHAT'S WITH THE RIDICULOUS BID'S FOR AUCTION BREAD?

336 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2011 at 5:21 PM
Jo Helmers
OMG i have been trying to get some energy by auction bread, the bid i just saw was 250,000
WTH? why such stupidly high bids.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2011 at 6:48 PM
Frank Fitzpatrick
totally agree Jo its a disgrace!!

185 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2011 at 12:58 AM
Monica Dykeman
If that's what people who have gold want to pay, that's what the price will be. Just like in a real auction. Try bidding really early or really late when less people are logged in.

336 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2011 at 2:50 AM
Jo Helmers
I do bid when less people are logged in, and i just came from there again it's up to 250,000.
If those bidding those stupid amount's surely they have enough stuff to keep playing, doesn't help those of us that are always fighting to get energy.

262 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2011 at 6:34 AM
Melody October May
It does this every update. In a few weeks, I can occasionally get bread for opening bid. Not now, though.

The day of the update, I saw the bread up to over 900,000 gold at one point.

28 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2011 at 11:35 AM
Diana Drummond
I am just saving my gold until it goes back down again. Patience.

71 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2011 at 5:19 PM
Cherk
I just tried to bid on some bread as I have a lot of coins atm and thought why not BUT due to the lag I always seem to have the end of each auction I put in my bid of 250000 at 10 seconds left and the damn thing lagged till the auction finished, then miraculously came back up to speed and left me with a bid of 250000 on a brand new auction GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!

336 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2011 at 6:50 PM
Jo Helmers
it's ridiculous the bid's at the moment.

185 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2011 at 8:47 PM
Monica Dykeman
Cheryl, that is referred to as 'sniping'. In this auction, it doesn't work, extra time is just tagged on and bidding that way just adds to the dragged out auctions. Bid what you are willing to pay and if you don't get it, try again later. That is a much better way of bidding

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2011 at 9:54 PM
Raymond
No Monica, what she's describing is not sniping.
She wants to bid only when there is little time (that is attempted sniping), I'm sure she's aware of the system tacked on time (which makes actual sniping not work), but there apparently is a great lag for her and her bid is not actually registered at all for the current item and is used by the system as the first bid on a totally new auction, for her a totally wasted thing since that new auction will go on and on to new heights, while the one she tried to bid on might, or might not have, ended with her winning.
That's what I read from here description.

With this new update, I know a whole lt of people who have terrible 'lag', and many who can't even play at all because it refuses to load. That is a big problem, and it's getting worse each and every time that DJArts has an update.

185 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 19th 2011 at 1:42 AM
Monica Dykeman
If your computer is not working well, try cleaning it up a little. This program will remove any temp files that are taking up space.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
This will defrag your registry and make it easier for your computer to bring up the program.
http://download.cnet.com/Quicksys-RegDefrag/3000-2094_4-10844188.html

You should also do a system defrag occasionally. It's usually under your 'start' menu, probably under system files. If you don't keep your computer tuned up, it won't work well with such a huge file.

And Raymond, waiting until the last few seconds to bid is attempted sniping (sorry, I forgot to be precise for you). It doesn't work with this particular program so it's a waste of time trying and can lead to unexpected results, as the OP has found.

71 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 19th 2011 at 4:06 PM
Cherk
Raymond was right in what he was saying.. the last 10 seconds was when I tried to bid, the computer lagged at that moment as it tends to surprisingly enough (considering its perfect for the other 14 odd minutes) and then didn't allow my bid to go through thus making me the highest bidder on the next auction. I don't agree its sniping either - its the same in all of the bidding, an extra 30 seconds is added.... I always wait till the end not for any other purpose but to only have to wait a short while to see if anyone else bids because I'm too impatient to sit there forever watching it. My computer is pretty clean but my laptop in particular lags so I guess I just have to be aware of that.

336 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2011 at 1:08 AM
Jo Helmers
Also noticing the same names doing the big bidding, come on people give us others a damn chance!

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2011 at 4:42 PM
Field Margaretha
I have been trying to get auction bread for a week now, and due to the RIDICULOUS bids and not having unlimited funds, i have not been able to get anything no matter when and how i bid. just seems that the same people are " Hogging " the bidding, and repeatedly bid time and time again, there should be limits set so EVERYONE has a chance.. Just my opinion. :)

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2011 at 9:18 PM
Rebecca Beattie
I just witnessed bread insanity :)... 350,000 !!!!!! shocking lol

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2011 at 1:00 AM
Ginger Noel
That is nothing Rebecca!! I just went into the Auction House and saw there was a minute or so left and thought I would bid. I THOUGHT the current bid said 300K, so I clicked 'bid' and when I did and it popped back I realized it was 800K! I sat there stunned saying "please outbid me, please outbid me"!! Thank heavens the gal was serious about getting her bread! She re-bid for 1 MILLION coins!! INSANE! But thank God for her insanity or I would have been out 820K!!!

185 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2011 at 1:16 AM
Monica Dykeman
Not insane, just wanted to finish my turkeys and have an embarrasing excess of gold that i will never, ever use. I could do that many times and not make a dent. Oh, and thank for the 'gal' tag. I haven't been a gal for many years and that makes me feel young LOL!

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2011 at 4:10 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Go Monica and Ginger....

185 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2011 at 12:14 PM
Monica Dykeman
I don't usually do that Rebecca, but I was at 193 turkeys and I have to work this afternoon (my partner has her grandkids today) so I knew I wouldn't have time to get the last few today. I waited 8 minutes to get enough power to do that and this time, I wasn't about to let it go. Just a little snit I had LOL

118 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2011 at 12:24 PM
Veress Odon
Hi everyone. I see that there's a bidding discussed. I tried to find the Auction House or whatever is called, but I can't find it on the world map. Can someone please help me? Thank you.