Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Purchasing Monkey Bucks

132 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 10th 2015 at 4:03 AM
Sarah Bye
The pop-up window at the beginning of the game advertises Monkey Bucks "on sale". As an example, it says you can get 20 MBs + 6 free for $2. Why, then, does it cost $2.75? if you go to purchase this? I imagine it's the same for the other so-called "deals" as well. If it's tax...that's at 37.5%!!! Geez Louise....I wouldn't want to be living in an area that charges that much tax.

Anyway...I realize you need to make money to continue the game...and there are many people who will spend real $$ on virtual games...but I am certainly not one of them.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 10th 2015 at 11:29 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the note.

That isn't tax in the increased price, that's the conversion to your local currency as it says on the pop-up itself.

All prices displayed in game are in US dollars and that allows us to use Facebook's currency conversion tables, instead of having to take time away from creating the game to calculate current conversion rates and personalize it for all our international players.

Erika

132 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 11th 2015 at 5:28 AM
Sarah Bye
Actually...I don't see a spot that says it is in US $$ on any of the windows. It does say (CAN) on the final screen...but no where else.

Also...the conversion rate from US $$ to CAN $$, based on the price charged is much higher than what the banks charge. Either way, it is very pricy.