Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Severe chat issue

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2015 at 8:36 PM
dem0nfr0g
I have been having really bad chat issues for about a week. Randomly when I load the game there will be no chat rooms available. It has gotten MUCH worse. If I have the chat window up it repeatedly tried to connect to chat, so much so that the game eventually hangs. Closing chat is a workaround.

Handle: dem0nfr0g1983
platform: Steam

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2015 at 7:12 AM
PepsiCat
I am having the same problem. On the same platform.

If you need my account to help me it's PepsiCat

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2015 at 8:01 AM
Raymond
when chat tries to reconnect, one thing that can cause that is your router. If your router has been on for weeks then the DNS table can sometimes get corrupt or forced to need to 're-lease' its connections. So reboot the router.
if that's not it then it is something else at your end, not sure how much help the Developers can be.

and if it's just that chat is not defaulted to opening when you open the game, that is something I have noticed and commented on, but can live with one mouse click.

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2015 at 8:16 AM
dem0nfr0g
I have had several other people comment on the same issue. I highly doubt it's a user end issue. Also, chat is probably more than half the reason I login to play in the first place, so just closing chat isn't going to be a long-term solution

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2015 at 8:20 AM
VinceJ25
This issue has nothing to do with a router, that's just crazy.

This is happening to many people including me. Also, if I leave chat open, my game will crash. For me, its been happening all weekend. (Steam user)

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2015 at 8:22 AM
niksunorz
The chat has been broken since yesterday evening. There are several posts on Steam and reddit from the same issue starting yesterday. Seems like it's an issue on the devs end.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2015 at 9:11 AM
PepsiCat
I'm sure it's a server thing. They probably couldn't get it fixed yesterday or the day before because of the 24 hour steam but hopefully they are working on it.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2015 at 2:51 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi dem0n,

The issues would have only started when we restarted the chat server on Thursday local time.

We are aware that chat is having problems and it's on our priority fix list.

Erika

-
@ Pepsicat: We don't provide weekend support unless it's an extreme issue, like the game is entirely down. Whether we were doing the stream for charity or not has nothing to do with it.