Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Here until the bitter(sweet) end!

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 9:32 PM
mightthreatenwit
This is a note not just to my guild, but to all the players I've come to know in SoT. I plan to stay until the end, and I hope you will too. The community is why I come back day after day. Though a little heartbroken the game is winding down, let's make the final months count and quest the hell out of SoT when the final two content updates come our way. See you in guild chat, see you in world chat, see you on MPs. =)

And if you're staying too, maybe let everyone know below.

-Nix

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 9:38 PM
Elharith
Absolutely, Nix. And, here's my Love Note that I just sent to my guildies. What I say to them, I say to all. The friendships I have developed here are a precious part of my life.

El Marie's Love Note (10/16/2015) (Part 1)
Dearest RMS,
By now most of you have probably seen the NEWS that our devs posted today, saying "All Good Things...." and have realized that once January rolls around, there will not be any more updates, although the game will still be available to play. I want you to know that El Marie will be here, and RMS will be here for you regardless of the actions taken by the devs. Do not feel like you are being abandoned, and that you need to go find somewhere else to play. While many players are looking for another game where we can all play together, if you do not feel like going elsewhere, do not feel compelled to leave. We can still have fun chatting around somewhat more casual play.
El Marie's Love Note (10/16/2015) (Part 2)
In the meanwhile, we have managed to grow our gold to the halfway point of our next building goal. Please keep up the good work; it ain't over until it's over, as they say. I repeatedly tell you how much I appreciate everything you do, and what you have come to mean to me, and it is all true. Games may come and go, other events and activities take their place, but friendships forged in whatever venue remain friendships, and I count you among my friends. Thank you for that. And, while *some* good things come to an end, I hope our friendship does not. With that said, you are awesome, and Happy Gaming! -- El Marie

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 10:07 PM
Last Edited October 18th 2015 at 9:15 AM
Dudemanly
I'll probably be one of the last standing... For all the money I've invested in this game, I'd be foolish to just walk away and I know there are many others who feel the same way. It's really sad because there is SO much camaraderie and fellowship in this game. I've played a lot of MMO's (too many to count) and have never seen one where people are genuinely glad to see you come into the game.

One can tell that the game was well thought out. The story lines are captivating and the graphics (though sometimes slow) are very good. I (and as many have voiced) are really just disappointed that the game is felt to be not "save-able". I feel that with a few tweaks and adjustments (i.e. pricing and tier/BH limitations) and maybe some advertising, this game would really take off. It does take money to make money...

But if the fork has been stuck in, I guess it's time to put the napkin under the chin and enjoy the Last Supper. I beseech CNE to give this game another chance and would gladly offer my help in any way, shape or form to help breathe new life into SoT! See you all around!

-Dudemanly

48 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 10:46 PM
Saenz Family
I too will most definitely be staying until the very end (hoping they will change their minds).

I also have played many MMO's, but I have to say this is the first one that I have become fully addicted to and am really going to hate to see it go.

This is also the first MMO that I have really made a lot of new and good friends from, the other ones I've played I really could never get that vested in.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 5:15 AM
NitemareJack
I will be sticking around as long as the rest of my guild is around. I have played this game since alpha and while I have yet to spend any actual money, I've been pretty broke for a while, I was looking into it before this news. Either way I will be here for a while, I like to complete things that I start and I haven't maxed out my character stats yet you I still have lots of reforging to do which equates to lots of time. I also really enjoy talking with my guild-mates in chat, El and Dude I know I don't always talk a lot but I definitely enjoy the discussions that go on. I had never really played multiplayer type games before where you really have to depend on other players and when I started I was not in a guild for quite a while, but the community that has come together in the guild has really made me enjoy the game more since I joined first my old guild and then when I switched to SHR, my old guild was dying a slow death so I made the switch and am very happy that I did. EL, Dude, Khale, and all of the others make this game much more enjoyable and I really hope that CNE changes their minds and continues to create new content for the game.

E.Nigma

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 7:03 AM
Helene (Maebh)
I must say this is very disappointing news. Shards is a fantastic and unique game which the Developers should be very proud of. You have managed to create a game that keeps loyal gamers engaged without becoming bored - not an easy task to say the least. This is largely due to the "community" we have created amongst ourselves and I can honestly say that I feel my fellow gamers have become friends. In some cases, we have exchanged personal information and photos. This is unheard of for me personally as I don't engage in any social media other than email.

I hope CodeName reconsiders this decision. I appreciate your commitment to finish the single player campaign and I hope to continue to play until the bitter end.

H.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 8:31 AM
Khale
I am so sad that CNE decided not continue this game. The concept is great and the community that the world and guilds created is amazing. With a couple of adjustments, this game would be extremely successful. For example, I think one major problem is that world chat died after the introduction of guild points. When new players come into the game they rarely will see and active world because everyone is chatting in guild. With a little adjustment that gave some incentive for cooperation, the world chat would grow again. With just a couple tweaks, and some tender loving care I think the game's popularity would grow.

I join the chorus in hoping you will all reconsider the decision. You have a core of loyal players in this game who will work hard to help new players and to spread the word. We'll work with you if you will come back to us! :-)

~Khale

50 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 9:06 AM
Jomale
It is sad ^^ as everyone has stated above. I have spent the last year (since alpha) spending most of my free time and money on this game. I have made friendships that will last forever!! I too agree with Khale that the "guild wars" caused part of its demise. All the P2W stuff didn't help either. Anyway, while searching for a new game to play, I will continue to check into SoT. If any of you wish to stay in touch with me you can so by sending me a friend request on FB https://www.facebook.com/jomale, email: jomale111@yahoo.com, or Skype: jomale111. I'm real predictable. LOL
~Jo

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 9:35 AM
Fearyo
Dear Devs and Fellow Players,

What they all said!^^

But seriously, I am so thankful to the Devs for creating a great game full of quality storyline and gameplay. I have played several MMO's before this one but I have never been captivated by any of them the same way I was captivated by SoT. CNE, you have created something great here and I urge you to reconsider letting the game go dormant.
I also want to write to all of my fellow players and say thank you all for the great times. We have shared plenty of laughs and great adventures during our time in SoT. You have all created an awesome community which has been a joy to log into everyday. I want you all to know that I will continue to play until there is nobody left to talk to and I can't wait to "quest the hell out of SoT" during these last few months like Nix mentioned above. Happy hunting everyone! =)

Sincerely,
Fearyo

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 9:41 AM
poisondwarf
Me too won't leave. I love all my poisons and don't plan to leave them behind too soon. Friendships all over the world were gained during this game and it would be too sad to think this won't last. I join the chorus to stay until nobody's left and hope the Devs will reconsider the desicions and just do the few adjustments needed to get the game back to the glorious days.

59 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 9:47 AM
Last Edited October 16th 2015 at 1:03 PM
Helen Murray
not a bit happy with this being wound down feel its unnecessary. DOnt do IT JUSTIN PLEASE X JORJA

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 9:56 AM
Alanna
I will be joining everyone and staying till the curtains close for the game. This is the only MMO game that I have stuck with after trying out countless other ones. I don't think the devs realize what kind of a gem they have here...it just needs a little tweaking for it could be their best game of the bunch and they don't see that. I really hope they read thru these messages and realize that closing this game with not be their best course of action.
No matter what I will be leaving with life long friendships so thank u CNE for that. This community that u have here is AMAZING and we are going to play the crap out of SoT...till the bittersweet end (which I hope doesn't come :D)

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 10:24 AM
Twinky
This is sad to see this game go. I really loved playing this game the community, people and conversations we have in chat have been a blast. CNE you should be listening to your players about how to improve upon older features and continue to innovate with new ideas. Some of us have been playing for a long time and everyday we come into play SoT shows how dedicated we are to supporting your game. It really does show how your company has produced games to bring together people from all over the world into one community. I will not be leaving but I seriously hope the devs reconsider their decision. No matter what the outcome is the people I have met in the game and outside in real life have been amazing and will have long lasting friendships with me. If you ever want to get into contact with me please PM in SoT or contact me at brandonjchung@hotmail.com :)

- Twinky

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 11:59 AM
Yelena
When i logged on and seen the news box pop up i got excited thinking 'yes they've released new content'. i then read the news and was very saddened by it. i've never really played a game like this before and have loved playing every minute of it. to find out that by the end of january that its over and theres not going to be anymore new content i was actually angry and very sad that a real nice game is gonna end. i've invested a lot of time and RL money building my character (and trying to be the best lol).

it seems such a waste. this game has lots going for it and would be even better if they listened to players and changed things to make it more fun. i wish the devs would give this game a chance and try to make it better before ending it all 2gether.

yelena :)

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 12:31 PM
Lorant
As a new player, couple weeks in, I've been on the fence about the game a bit. My MMORPG background spans decades, like quite a few of the posters above. So when you can hook a player that's seen everything from Everquest to Star Wars: The Old Republic, you know you've got a winning formula in there.

Merging MMORPG aspects with scaled-down RTS building aspects was a very nice concept. Especially keeping the build times low. Battle Pirates for example has build times over 20 days for a single building upgrade.

I can't comment on how the game as progressed or grown or changed, but I can comment on how an old school gamer, and frugal-minded gamer (don't confuse this with cheap or poor, I am neither) views the game...

1. 120 total stamina a day is not a lot. Nor is 5 MP runs. Nor is 20 Arena runs (new players have to fight thru over 10,000 rungs by 10 max). I've heard comments of many players that they'll just hang in chat all day, after all is done. You need to capitalize on this!!! They're in your game WITHOUT ANYTHING TO DO IN IT!!! Give them something to do, keep them active in it, never give a player a reason to leave your game!

2. Shardium costs for things. 100 shardium for 1 more SP run? Not bad since Shardium is $1 or so. But the shardium costs for the shop are outrageous for a browser game. $25 for the Elemental gear set? $4.75 to $8.75 for the packs on sale currently in the shop?

3. VIP. $10 for VIP that basically only provides a little less waiting and 2 specs. I'd pay $5 for this but not $10. Nothing in it is worth $10 for me, so let's call this a Donation Package. People are donating $10 a month, because they want to help.

You've given away a browser game, and added revenue tiers that are overpriced and/or unwanted. VIP should be $5 and something to denote VIP. Special pet, name color/font, cosmetic stuffs, etc etc etc. People LOVE LOVE LOVE feeling special. Pricing in the Shop should be cut in half for most things and 80% for the clothing. I qould wager that your total revenue would increase many times over if you reduced pricing, sell a lot at a lower price beats few sales at a higher price point.

Also, this is browser game is almost 100% playable at F2P than VIP. You cannot give so much away and then hope people donate out of the goodness of their hearts. Very few people do this. I would have given 80% of the game free, then somehow made the final 20% (whether it be zones, gear, crafting, pets) locked unless you VIP or 1-time donate to unlock it.

But, the game is pretty awesome as it stands from what I can see. I enjoy it and I feel that urge to get back to it when I am away from it. That's pretty impressive if you knew me.

In this browser/flash game world, I don't know exactly how to capture a paying audience for a long time. Maybe Shards' lifespan is average, not sure. Maybe it's just that time, for the game to close up. Maybe browser games are that entry level thing where you do them for a few years, learn the business of producing games, and then move on to a A or AAA title type thing. No clue. Maybe restart every 6 months like Travian, or put in a lot of random-generated content? Again, I'm a player, not a creator.

Either way, I'll keep playing. I enjoy it while it's here. I understand it's a business and bills need to be paid.

Kudos on a game that many are attached to, you should be very proud of yourselves. Here's to your future games :)

- Lorant

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 12:47 PM
Tamon
I have not been involved with this game nearly as long as many of the folks posting here. And this is actually the first MMO I have committed to. (It is very hard to get my commitment to a game.) I choose not to be in any of the guilds in the game and was still greeted warmly and helped to grow by everyone from all the guilds. You folks at CNE should step back and reconsider your choice to terminate this game. There are many suggestions from players that may help turn things around. I plan on playing until you turn the lights off which I hope will not happen. I would even be willing to pay a small subscription to play if you would continue to support the game and commit to making some of the improvements suggested by players. I know that many of the people playing are very talented and experienced in playing these games perhaps they could take some of the load off your shoulders as far a supporting the game. Please consider trying to keep this game up and running. Perhaps it would be worth your while to keep this loyal group of players and the game running and use it to experiment with an alternative type of funding to support it rather than the run of the mill funding that all games are using. (And everyone is getting tired of worldwide.) Use it to think outside the box and get feedback from players to maybe come up with a better business model then currently used by the industry now. That would be a real block buster!!! Both the game and the players will be sorely missed.
Yours truly till the end
Bob/Tamon

59 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 1:05 PM
Helen Murray
not being closed it will be kept open but no more upgrades after jan we can still play thats something i suppose mb we get an odd quest? if we good lol
Post by Helen Murray deleted October 16th 2015 at 1:05 PM

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 1:42 PM
Tempest
Very sad to hear that the game is nearing its end...It's almost been a year for me and I've been enjoying the game now more than ever. Have met a bunch of wonderful people that have become like family. :) Hope the devs will reconsider their decision, but will continue to play like most the dedicated players. :)

~Tempest

33 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 2:24 PM
Amanda H. Bazner
Terribly sorry the game is ending - I enjoy it greatly.