Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Developer Updates - Linking Accounts

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 1:28 PM
Last Edited October 16th 2015 at 1:45 PM
Erika/Alyniana
At Codename, our fans are a very important part of our process of making games, and we've been reading a lot of feedback recently about transferring progress between platforms. Many of you have made it clear that being able to continue your adventure across any version of Crusaders is very important to you, and we want to support that! Later this week, we will be launching a new feature with which you'll be able to link your Crusaders game between platforms we've okayed it with, like Kongregate.

Once it goes live, you will be able to generate a special one-time code in one copy of Crusaders and input it into another copy. All your progress, gear, buffs and objectives you previously unlocked in your first account will immediately be available for you in that copy. From that point on, any progress or purchases you make in either copy will be available in all the other linked ones as well.

Now you'll be able to play Crusaders wherever you are, on any computer with Steam installed or with a browser, and never miss a moment.

We'll continue to be great partners with Kongregate, ArmorGames, and Facebook as they have helped grow Crusaders' community to the level it is today. If you're reading this, you're almost certainly a gamer that was introduced to Crusaders with the help of one of those companies and it’s important that we continue to grow the communities on those platforms with their support.

We hope you love the change and you can be confident that we're always listening and will continue to make great games that you want to play.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 1:31 PM
Last Edited October 17th 2015 at 8:20 PM
Erika/Alyniana
FAQ

Which account will survive?

You should GENERATE the code on the account you want to survive, and PASTE it into the account you don't want to keep. Think of the code as the keys to a car. You should give the keys to the account that you want to be able to drive the car.

I thought you said you couldn't do this?

As we said before, this is something that our platform partners tend to frown upon. With that said, we've looked at a lot of other idle games and many of them already offer similar functionality, so we think we have a pretty good case to make for adding it in. Our player's experience always come first.

What if I already have stuff on both platforms?

Your progress on the account being linked will be lost. However, any chests purchased for real money on the lost account will be automatically added to the surviving account. For example, if you've already bought some real money chests on Steam but now want to play with your Kong account's progress on Steam, your surviving Kong account will receive all the real money chests you bought on Steam.

What if I want to unlink my accounts for some reason?

If you wish to unlink an account you can open a support ticket and we may provide this functionality on a case by case basis. Because of the fact that real money chest purchases could be duplicated by linking accounts, we may not provide this functionality in all cases, or it may be provided with some caveats (such as hard resetting the account being unlinked).

Why can each link-code only be used once?

For security reasons we only allow each link code to be used once. This is so that someone can't randomly guess the code for your account and start playing it without your permission. If you want to link multiple accounts together, you can generate separate codes for each one. You should only generate a code that you intend to use immediately.

Can I merge two accounts instead?

Unfortunately this is not functionality we're planning to offer at this time. There are too many caveats, exploits, and edge cases involved in merging the progress of two accounts into one. We think that linked accounts should provide the experience players have been asking for.

Will I get my Achievements on Steam?

Yes, if you link an account with the achievements already earned, you will be credited with the Steam achievements.

Why can't I see the Linking option on a brand new account?

You must complete the tutorial before the linking option will appear in the settings drop-down. We know it's kind of annoying, but it only takes a couple of minutes to zip through the tutorial.

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 2:56 PM
Luner
This is interesting cause the Steam version is way smoother for me.

Will the new crusaders be there as normal with the same equips and enchants as they had on my Kong version for Steam even though they technically weren't released on it?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 3:04 PM
Erika/Alyniana
If you link your Kong account, everything will be there because it's the same account then.

The Carnival Crusaders just aren't on Steam because the event ended as we launched, they are still in the game code.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 3:38 PM
Raymond
two of your statements seem to contradict themselves.

this implies you will have all stuff still in the old account too:
From that point on, any progress or purchases you make in either copy will be available in all the other linked ones as well.

and this says otherwise:
Your progress on the account being linked will be lost.

is it that purchases will cross pollinate, but to me 'progress' means idols and gear and buffs and so on, and those CAN'T be duplicated on both accounts or this is an instant way to totally cheat

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 3:38 PM
Luner
Right, thanks for clearing that up :)

I don't pick favorites when it comes to platforms but I must admit that the Steam version has so much smoother game play and that's what truly counts!

793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 3:56 PM
Last Edited October 15th 2015 at 3:57 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Raymond - What that means is after you link accounts, they're essentially the same account. If you have account A accessed from site 1 and account B accessed from site 2, once you've linked A to B then B no longer exists. You're simply accessing account A from both site 1 and site 2. Play or purchases made on either site will award progress to account A only.

13 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 4:10 PM
ZeroTakenaka
Do you expect any issues with the account transfers? I know that you're resending the steam launch codes. (Free Epic Hermit Hat) I know I'll transfer my kong account to steam version. Both will be the same account then.

793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 4:57 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Zero - We're hoping everything will go smoothly. Once the changes are live you should be able to log into your Kong account, grab a code, log into your Steam account, input the code, and then play on Steam using your Kong progress. Once we're satisfied that everything is working properly, we'll push out emails with the Hermit Hat codes.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2015 at 11:53 PM
Thien Nguyen Dang
After linking two account, I can play in either platform and the progress will be saved to the same account right ?
Post by Raymond deleted October 16th 2015 at 12:05 AM

793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 8:52 AM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Thien - That's correct.

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 10:07 AM
Meinhild Selbach
Will FB-Kong players also be able to get that nice epic that the Steam players got? I am playing on FB and Kong, but not planning to play also on Steam.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 10:23 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Meinhild: We do plan on emailing everyone on the newsletter list a Hermit Hat code, redeemable anywhere. =)

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 10:24 AM
Meinhild Selbach
OK! I got the "corrected" code the other day. :)

41 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 12:15 PM
Rodney Vass
sweet ! you can never have too many hats :) . glad to hear this as atm i prefer to play thru fb . linking is awesome too . options for tha win .

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 1:19 PM
Rizing
Will the gear obtained from codes/shop on the steam version be kept if I link my kong version onto steam?

That part isn't very clear.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 1:49 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Rizing: The codes redeemed will not be merged, just premium purchases.

So it will just be whatever codes you've redeemed on the account you choose to generate the link code on.

793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 2:36 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Just to update everyone on this as we pushed an update today without the linking functionality:

We're still testing the linking stuff and hope to get it out as soon as possible. It almost certainly won't go out today, but we're planning to put in some extra hours over the weekend and *hopefully* get it out tomorrow. With that said, we've already run into several edge cases and caveats that we didn't anticipate, so I don't want to 100% promise anything before it's out. It's our #1 priority at the moment.

793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2015 at 10:41 AM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Account linking is now live! Thank you all for your patience.