Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
[Suggestion] Campaign modifiers (free play)

19 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2015 at 6:12 PM
Irrimn
So this suggestion is a way to spice up the monotony of grinding idols a bit.

The way it'd work is basically as a way to modify the challenge of free play mode to make it more challenging. These modifiers would only be able to be set before a campaign started (while you're on the select screen).

Potential modifiers for monsters:
-Double monster hp. (Self explanatory - monsters are twice as hard to kill.)
-Double monster spawn. (Basically Double Trouble in regular mode.)
-Double monster damage. (Your guys will die a lot faster if mobs reach them.)

Potential modifiers for heroes:
-Amnesia: Heroes don't gain exp.
-Slow: Abilities take twice as long to come back.
-Weak: Hero's damage is reduced.
-Sick: Hero's hp is halved.
-Clumsy: Heroes only receive half the benefit from abilities.
-Greedy: Hero levels cost more gold.
-Disorganized: Heroes will RANDOMLY choose where to stand in formation and cannot be moved to where you want them to.

Potential modifiers for levels:
Double level requirements. (So if you need 25 kills regularly, you need 50. If you need 30 of a drop, you need 60. If you need only 1 of a drop you need 2. Etc.)
Make it to X level. (You must make it to level X (100, 150, 200, 250, etc.) before you can reset. Resetting before reaching X level is the same as abandoning the quest.)

I'm sure there are a TON of other modifiers that people can come up with to offer more, varied, and interesting challenge but these are just a few. The idea behind these modifiers is they would offer rewards such as a multiplier on idols earned (which would stack), earn rubies for completing these objectives, or other fun things like a higher Silver/Jeweled Chest drop rate, bosses have a chance to drop rubies, etc.

Anyways, that's pretty much it. Let me know what you think.

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2015 at 4:41 AM
Vinch
Those sound like great ideas to me!

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2015 at 2:13 PM
TheGerkuman
Yeah, these campaign modifiers would be a great idea.

My only suggestion is that you have to beat each one vanilla before you can try with modifiers.