Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
[Mission] Get me out of here

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2015 at 10:47 PM
Last Edited August 25th 2015 at 10:58 PM
Thien Nguyen Dang
Have anyone finished this mission ? Because I think how absurd and poor design this mission is for an idle game.

I can instant kill everything from 1-170, but still can't make it on time.

80 minute is 4800 second. So you have roughly 32 second to beat one stage. But there's several limit to make this mission near impossible:

- Some stage require me to kill 40-50 mobs, which cannot be done under 30 sec. I have timed it.

- When changing stage, it cost me 4-5 second before I can kill the first mob on the next stage.

- The process of looting chest is too long. It cost me 7-10 seconds to loot one chest. And if I'm lucky to have 10 chest, I lose around 2 minute already.

- Disconnecting ! Fail to contact the server ! I lose 2-3 minute just to reconnect to the game. And I have experienced twice in a single run.

And the most important thing is: This is an idle game. Why do you want me to sit in front of my computer for a whole 80 minutes, just moving my mouse around to loot quest item and open chest ?

I suggest that 10-20 minute is added to the time, or the developer implement an option that cancel the chest looting animation. That would help a lot.

Thien.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2015 at 10:50 PM
Raymond
have a gaxzillion idols and use auto advance like the several people who have completed it.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2015 at 11:01 PM
Thien Nguyen Dang
I believe I am the top 5 Idols owner in this game already. Like I said, I beat everything from 1-170 instantly and OF COURSE I know how to turn on auto advance.

I even sit for 40 minute to loot quest item and chest, until I realize it's near impossible to do it without some luck and no disconnect.

Sorry but I don't believe several people has completed this mission. Only a few on top with extreme patience and luck can do this mission.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2015 at 1:33 AM
Last Edited August 26th 2015 at 1:33 AM
RonoVanBono
Done
http://iscr.ru/1440577866/

21 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2015 at 2:51 AM
NoName
For me this challenge is impossible. I don't even count luck, it's clearly IMPOSSIBLE.
I have over 4k idols, so i insta-kill everything included bosses and of course i use auto-advance and i collect things asap to advance the fatest possible. In my first run with only 4 chest i got to lvl 135. Second run i tried another browser, i was at lvl 65 mid time, so i've stopped.
The lag/charge on the browser clearly make the run impossible for me. So lucky for people with good machine but dev should test the time it takes for some people before asking 80 min or so. Or count the time in ticks and not with a chrono( which is done is absolutly every game that include time in performance).

110 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2015 at 5:25 AM
Amoon
@Rono: hold on, it displays a timer on there? Mine writes "failure" immediately and I thought it was meaning just "not yet completed".

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2015 at 8:02 AM
heyeffyouj
Yeah, I beat it with about a minute left, and I only have about a thousand idols. It's supposed to be a challenge (definitely not impossible). It was a refreshing change after mindless resets after resets to farm idols, so I don't know what you guys are complaining about (especially you with the 4k idols, holy crap).

One tip I have is that like people said, you can't idle through the whole thing. You constantly pick up the quest rewards (especially the quests where you only have to pick up 1 thing), because that shaves of few precious seconds per level (which adds up over 150 levels).

21 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2015 at 8:29 AM
NoName
heyeffyouj, have you read me till the end? this is the lag that make the challenge impossible for me. I also stat i insta-kill everything and collect things. I've never said the challenge is crap or not interesting. I've said it's poorly coded because it record time and not action which make it impossible for people with slow comp.

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2015 at 3:55 PM
MrDoubtfire
Earlier today, I missed it by a smidge! The last second ticked off as my guys were walking onto the screen to start level 151. Someone in chat told me you actually have to reset before the time runs out. I don't know if it's true, but, word of warning.

To be honest though, I found it a kind of refreshing change. I always loved the Speed Run comets in Super Mario Galaxy though, so there ya go.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2015 at 5:41 PM
Xim
The problem is that the game pauses while you open a chest, but the timer continues ticking. That is, you go and open a chest, and during all those animations you don't kill any monsters, but the timer takes away lots of seconds.

I don't think this is intended. So, dear developers, please fix it.

13 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2015 at 3:57 PM
Last Edited August 27th 2015 at 4:04 PM
Homomorphic
@Xim That is intended by devs, they said they set the timer based on their calculations:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostidols/comments/3ie7jd/update_new_objectives_bug_fixes_and_tweaks/

That aside, I could complete the mission with 7 mins remaining when I reached 150 on first try. I felt this was interesting after just reseting over hundred times mindlessly for idols

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2015 at 4:21 PM
Xim
Oh, thanks for the link, Homomorphic! I didn't know there was a subreddit about Lost Idols.
Congratulations for your feat!

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2015 at 2:04 PM
TheGerkuman
Yep, I'm totally not going to try this for a loong while.
Post by joebalordo deleted September 3rd 2015 at 5:07 PM

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 12th 2015 at 8:25 AM
daze0205
setting low quality mode get more loot speed

42 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 17th 2015 at 6:27 PM
Zvereck
I did it twice. First time i forgot that i need to reset the world within the time limit. Each time i had 5 min extra at the end.
To finish it you need to watch the game the whole time.
You need to pick up loot right after it dropped. It takes an extra 10 seconds for auto pickup. So if you do it yourself you save lots of time.
And second, you need to watch for boss drop and click on it.
P.S. To stay awake, i split the screen and was reading and watching stuff, and checking the game at the same time.
Good Luck!

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 22nd 2015 at 1:57 PM
joebalordo
Done with 2 minutes left, with about 1400 idols