Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Feedback at 12 resets, 200 idols

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2015 at 4:10 PM
Last Edited August 23rd 2015 at 4:31 PM
Timothy Flanders
First I'll say this game has good potential...I've stayed with it longer than any click game I've done to date. I promise what follows is not from a standpoint of envy but for longevity of the game:

1) Progression in the game kinda sucks. This is my biggest issue. At 12 resets, I'm still stalling at almost the same place I was after my 2nd reset. I might make it a level further, but right now I'm grinding on 92 again. While its getting easier to get there, I still hit a sort of brick wall what I feel is far too soon. This is not a formation issue...I've read all the advice....stacked all the right gold bonuses and DPS people.

2) The equipment HUGELY sways things to an absurd level which can suddenly make the game trivial. For instance, there's a person with 200 idols and 10,000 gold% while I'm sitting at 3200. He's having a much better go of things than I. While I don't have first-hand experience, I get the feeling that I'm one piece of equipment away from being able to surge forward from my current stagnation. While that's pleasant to think of...it also seems a little hollow. There's a guy who talks about pretty much using 1 character to do everything for 150 levels because he got good equipment on them and has 20+ enhancements.

3) I wish there was more use of tactical formations. Right now, its pretty common knowledge that you have Sasha, Artraxes, Jim, Khouri, Kaine, Gold Panda, Princess in the proper positions and then whoever you got the luckiest with equipment. Tanking and healing are mostly futile.

4) There's really almost no point in chasing after the quests. I could spend 4 days trying to get to 150 at my current progression or I could just keep resetting 2x a day (or more) and get 120+ extra idols. A single jeweled chest (or two) has yet to make that kind of difference for me (though I don't doubt it COULD...but I have 0 epic items to date). Perhaps if there were equipment rewards or more something to make it a difficult choice in whether or not to farm or chase progression that would help.

I realize this is in beta and I'm anxious to see what improves over time. That is all for the moment.