Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Do we really need to spend 5-15 seconds to collect a chest?

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2015 at 4:38 AM
Powerfrog
My exact suggestion: Just make the chest appear on the ground like any coin/level item, still keep the little "new chest!" sign over the inventory, as that is none-intrusive and actually useful.

During the tutorial, getting a chest is a big deal and it's cool how it sort of forces the player to acknowledge it and plays a little animation before the player can claim the chest.

After about 40 resets it gets pretty damn old, though. Every time I get a chest I kinda cringe a bit cos it throws off the game so much, making me click the chest, wait for it to do it's animation, click claim chest, and finally back into the game. Really throws a wrench into the flow of the game. Even worse if you're afk, the chest will sit there for 10 seconds before being automatically claimed. Why on earth?

Just as a rule of thumb I think we should avoid anything pausing or slowing the game just to grab the player's attention. It's an idle game.

21 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2015 at 5:55 AM
NoName
I agree that the process should be automatic with just an automatic animation to announce if you have a jeweled or not. The clicks and pause should be removed (by default or by option).

My reason is a bit different. I play half active with the game in background so i'm active to lvl up crusaders every 10-20 min. If i happen to receive a chest, my crusaders have just wait 10 min to receive a chest intead of advancing ^^°.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2015 at 9:03 AM
Powerfrog
Hey NoName, you can go into the options and turn off 'auto pause' and this means the chest will take 10 seconds to be picked up instead of the default 8 minutes or whatever it is.

I honestly have no idea why that's even an option to begin with lol. Who would want that?

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2015 at 9:37 AM
Dazzle
I have heavy decrease in FPS if the game is not paused during special events or other dialogs open. Maybe that's why there is a pause (for low end pc's).

21 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2015 at 9:52 AM
Last Edited August 16th 2015 at 9:52 AM
NoName
thanks for the info powerfrog

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2015 at 2:27 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Powerfrog,

We can consider removing the timer all together if auto-progression is on, but no guarantees.

The pause on pop-ups is there for players who don't want to be wiped on a level while they look at whatever info screen they're on.

Erika