Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
New Player Guide for the Optimal Formation

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 14th 2015 at 4:59 PM
Last Edited August 18th 2015 at 4:26 AM
Philipp Lightshard Damm
Hy,

This Formation, is for your VERY FIRST RUN. Its not recommended to Stick to this Formation after it, since Gear and Entchants you will find, change the "Best" Formation dramaticly!

Base DPS Increase for all Crusaders:

Emo 650%
Sarah 600%
Hermit 600%
Jim 500% (Same Row Buffer)
Natalie 465%
Merci 465%
Sasha 450% (Back Row Buffer)
Jason 450%
Khouri 450% (AOE Buffer + Skill)
Phönix 450%
Kaine 450% (Gold Buffer + Skill)
Thalia 375%
King 360%
Gryphon 315%
Sal 310%
Nate 270%
Artaxes 250% (Front Row Buffer)
Prince 40% (Team Buffer)
Panda 0% (Gold Buffer + Skill)

Formation Layout :

**Thats how the Formation Should Look Ingame!** (So Backrow is: Kaine, Panda, Princess, Artaxes)

Kaine - Merci - Sasha - Hermit
Panda - Sarah - Khouri
Princess - Jim
Artaxes

Crusaders to level to Max. DPS : Merci, Sarah, Jim, Hermit, (Sasha and Kaine are fine too, but not so good as the others, because they dont get any/much DPS Boost from the Buffer)

Peace

8 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 17th 2015 at 8:48 AM
Blanchimont
I find that Nate is very useful because of the boost that he can provide to Natalie. Even at base, he provides a 20% boost to your entire team at 75 as well and up to an additional 20% damage because of the extra gear you can find for him. Their combined damage allows Natalie to outperform Detective Kaine since you get an extra 35% bonus to the team.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 18th 2015 at 1:18 AM
Philipp Lightshard Damm
The Thing is:

You are Right, Nate IS Stronger until he hits level 200. So its worth to swap him in for the Time.

BUT: You lose XP! The Time you have Nate + Nata in your Formation, the 2 you swap out are dont getting XP.
And after Nate hitting ~200, the Formation i Posted is again Stronger (For new Player w/o gear and enchants!)
So its not worth to swap Nate+ Natalie in for this short time.

In the long Run, you lose more, then you gain.
Specialy when JIM hits level 900-1000 (Thats around level 125-135) The Formation i posted outdamage everyother.
Sure you COULD get more dmg, when you swap Kaine around, BUT, Getting more + Gold is crucial in the Higher Monster Levels, to level your Crusaders quicker!

21 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 18th 2015 at 3:44 AM
NoName
with gears, items ands the way you play(goal you're aiming at), things can change a lot. Anyway there is trouble with the way you calculate. example: princess in not 40% but 4 times 10% which is more.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 18th 2015 at 3:55 AM
Last Edited August 18th 2015 at 3:58 AM
Philipp Lightshard Damm
How often, i need to write that this Formation is for NEW PLAYER ??

Sure the Math behind it, is not accurate, but they dont need to, for your very first run!

I use myself a Calc, who has the right Math, but thats might be a bit to confusing for new Player, thats why i just tossed this Formation out.

Wich is for new Player, to reach the first Ascend, without any Gear/Entchats, the Best Formation, DPS AND Gold wise.

Nothing more i claimed in my OP.
I Didnt said, this is the Best Formation for all times...

21 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 18th 2015 at 4:16 AM
NoName
well, i don't konw how often but once could be nice just to tell this is the best formation for the first run you are working on. It's not so obvious. My post wasn't meant to be aggressive either but constructive. So, you don't need to be on the defensive

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 18th 2015 at 4:21 AM
Philipp Lightshard Damm
Topic Title: New Player Guide for the Optimal Formation

After Numbers: New Player, w/o Gear/entchants

I thought, mention it 2 times, that is for new Players should be enough...
But well, when you say its not obvious enough, i edit it in the OP.
No Problem.

Im sorry, if you felt agression from my answers. Was not intend to.

21 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 18th 2015 at 4:28 AM
Last Edited August 18th 2015 at 4:35 AM
NoName
np. Back on the topic, there is also another solution for more active new players. There is the clicker build vs your DPS build. I can't help much about it since i've used some only later in the game.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 18th 2015 at 4:32 AM
Philipp Lightshard Damm
Clicker Builds will allways be better then pure Idle Builds!
But they only work, when you are playing activly alot!

Since, most ppl enjoy the "afk / idling" in general, i didnt mention it. Sure i could make a Formation for it too, but i dont know if there is enough interesst.

At the start i posted this, i was in the mood to make a detailed Guide for new Player, but since it looks like "noone cares", yeah... i dont wanna put effort into something, what nobody needs/whants :)

8 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 18th 2015 at 8:04 PM
Last Edited August 18th 2015 at 8:09 PM
Blanchimont
http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=10702#55397

Again, the reason I include Nate is primarily there to buff Natalie, who is superior to many of the others combined. Her power does not drop off until the point at which Jim begins to account for nearly 90% your damage. At that point, your entire team should just be a support Jim build. If you ignore Natalie's power altogether, then Kaine is definitely worth it for the extra gold find in the back row. Otherwise, I feel that damage boost that Nate provides to Natalie and the rest of the team is superior.

20 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 19th 2015 at 11:49 PM
kruch
Uhh this isnt a great formation for your first run. The front spot hermit takes up should be given to someone who has %party DPS not hermit. The 2 main DPS spots in the column with 3 ppl(Jim, Dps, Dps) should be whoever has the highest dps. On anyones first run it should almost always be the newest hero slightly upgraded. In the end the formation should include a lvl 75 Nate(for DPS+party dps) and a lvl 625 Jim as main dps. This will give you the most DPS for money and will be the quickest way to restart the first time.