Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Shamelesly stolen from Clicker Heroes.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 12:43 PM
Last Edited August 11th 2015 at 12:44 PM
Frank B
How about coming up with something original, instead of stealing almost all mechanics from another game?

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 12:50 PM
Lloyd_Majere
*looks the the formation system*
*looks at all the abilities relating to the formation system*
*looks at the campaigns, including campaigns unique to altering formations*
*looks at the equipment/enchantment system*

Nope, nothing original here.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 12:58 PM
Last Edited August 11th 2015 at 1:12 PM
Frank B
Look at this then:

* Same upgrades on heroes. 100-150% DPS on self, 10-15% DPS on all heroes, 3% to critical hits (couldn't even use another number than 3).
* Gold Panda = King Midas. Exact same upgrades. Same ability (1% gold per click)
* Most abilities are the same (10 clicks per second, boost next ability used, 50% to critical hits, 1% of monsters gold per click, permanent 5% increased DPS (called Dark Ritual in CH).
* Treasuse chests showing at random intervals with additional coins.
* Even the thing with 4x DPS per 25 levels when you reach 200 is copied exactly from CH.
* And getting reward based on total levels of all heroes.

Maybe some of the contens is original, but most of it is clearly a copy of Clicker Heroes, which you would know if you have played that game when you make a soft reset.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 1:04 PM
Raymond
and perhaps some people who created that game work here http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=staff

57 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 1:05 PM
Koala
Because Clicker Heroes is a unique game, right? The clicker fad started with Cookie Clicker after all...

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 1:05 PM
Frank B
Why would they make the same game over again?

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 1:08 PM
Last Edited August 11th 2015 at 1:10 PM
Frank B
Cookie Clicker is completey different. Look at my list. I am not complaining about people making idle games. I am complaining about copying the exact same mechanichs from another game.

A thing like granting 4x DPS per 25 levels after reaching level 200 is not something you come up with coincidently in two different game. That is something you steal from another game.

I have played a lot of idle games, and they have all been very different, until I ran into this Clicker Heroes clone.

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 1:11 PM
Elusion
All games are copied from another. Simple as that, that's how the gaming industry works 99% of the time. Except you copy what you like, and change what you don't like which creates a similar game with slight differences.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Clicker Heroes wasn't the first to come up with those features either.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 1:17 PM
Frank B
They copy the idea of an idle game, having things that gives you DPS automatically along with clicking. They don't copy the EXACT SAME MECHANICS: First upgrade unlocked at level 10, the next at level 25, then at 50, 75, 100. They make their own system for upgrading.

This IS Clicker Heroes put into a new design. It is NOT an original game.

793 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 1:34 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
We definitely took inspiration from a number of different games in the genre, but we put our own spin on it and I think our game feels *very* unique from other idle games. Regardless, it's clear this isn't going to be a constructive discussion thread, so I'm closing it before it gets out of hand.