Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Crusader Balance

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2015 at 2:40 AM
Willbrace
I'm creating this thread as a thread to discuss some character balance.

Right now, the game has interesting character balance overall, but there are a few gaps of things that just don't fit in.

I created a thread. I'll end up doing some further detailed analysis on the numbers for utilizing werewolf + hermit, but it's interesting and fun to debate on which crusader is better. Unfortunately, this doesn't last because at later points in the game, not all characters scale evenly.

For example, Jason is the worst crusader in the game:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/12051-crusaders-of-the-lost-idols/topics/522007-jason-master-of-shadows?page=1

Fire Phoenix is solely used as a stepping stone, and for suicide boss runs.
Prince Sal and King Reg are overshadowed in comparison to a lot of the other characters.
Thalia is the second worst crusader in the game, but he has a good dps boosting skill that is used once.
Merci's usefulness fades away extremely quickly.

Werewolf and Hermit are special, and good in their own special ways.

So, the question is, how do we modify the balance? What tweaks to make so that everyone feels more special? How to add in new crusaders that have special relationships with existing ones?

Balance does not need to be perfect [it's boring if it is], but allowing more crusaders to be viable options is just more fun!