Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Gear System - Strange Gear

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2015 at 2:13 AM
Willbrace
So one of the things I do not like is strange gear that makes no common sense regarding the purpose and utility of the character that gets the gear. I feel characters should have gear that supplements their strengths, as opposed to softening their weaknesses. There is also a lot of capacity to add unique effects to gear in the game.
A few items come to mind immediately that boggle my mind:

1) Princess, Third Item. Why does the princess get additional damage? Princess is already useless as building as DPS, and is only good for adding DPS to the team.
2) Sasha, Third Item. When Sasha's main purpose is to provide additional damage to the team, the extra DPS item confuses me. Sasha isn't typically in a DPS location, but the gear kind of makes Sasha more capable of doing so?
3) Natalie, Third Item. Arguably the best gear item in the game [with panda's equivalent], why does natalie get it? It's confusing to me.

I love the gear system, but I think it could be touched up a little bit to add a bit more flavor.

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2015 at 5:10 AM
Last Edited August 6th 2015 at 5:45 AM
Lloyd_Majere
I can't answer number 3, but for 1 and 2, you're only talking early game.

Yes, Nate and Merci will out-DPS your whole team no matter what your formation is... but ONLY when you first unlock them. A 625-level Jim will out-DPS Merci, 25 more levels and he'll go past Nate. A similar trend will occur for ALL early characters. As they start to stack more and more 4x boosts, the early characters will gain way more DPS than the later ones.

So for Princess and Sasha, two Crusaders in pretty much every formation, the extra DPS is worthwhile. I know for a fact Sasha starts to out-power the team around 650 (http://i.imgur.com/Jzizw2V.png). But even if not for themselves, then for the Bush Whacker when you substitute him in for a burst of clicking. Since you can't overtake DPS with click damage, you don't want Bush Whacker taking out a main DPSer - he'll more than likely be next to one of these two girls.

I do agree that the equipment isn't very unique, and more variety would have been nice. But I don't think extra DPS on any character is pointless. As you progress through the 100s and eventually 200s, the DPS-shift continues to change; I wouldn't be surprised if Princess ended up being a high DPSer somewhere in there.