Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Experience and resets

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 5th 2015 at 10:04 PM
Lotus Blade
So, i was thinking about whole reset problem from few sides. Before the reset i had a strong heroes, who were situated at level 90 campaign. During 2 days i have reached that point and my Lumberjack had like 11 exp levels. He was the strongest guy in my formation along with Nate Dragon and Mad Wizard (those had like 6 exp levels).

Then i did a reset. First of all, i didnt received any real benefits from it. I got one epic chest with pretty useless rewards and thats pretty much all i got. Seriously, i thought i will get about 5-10 chests, since the chances to get non-coins rewards are quite small. Moreover i am pretty much dissapointed into my fighters, because to reach the same reset spot (level 90 campaign) i have to spend about a day of time. In other words - 25 hours which is +5 exp level if i would skip previous reset.

Now here is a funny question: "why would someone reset at all?"... Lets be honest - those 15 idols are giving me +45% damage only, while i lost 11 exp levels of my Lumberjack. Its much more then +45% dps, as you can figure out. What i mean is: by simply not resetting i would get more DPS by that current moment and a few extra chests from campaign.

I feel like we are missing some gamebreacking mechanic as of now. There is simply no way you can get more power by resetting game. And the 100 rubbies reward is quite nothing compared to that high loss of DPS.

Possible solutions? Well, yeah... Allow us to get rubbies for each boss killed after reset (for a first time upon each boss kill). So when you do reset again - you can get rubbies from each boss AGAIN. I prefer to get special chest with random rubbies ammount instead of some dedicated number. There could be even idols inside of it. Opening chests if most funny part of the game, yet this is the most rarely happening part.

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2015 at 12:13 AM
Lloyd_Majere
I have to disagree. Your first two or three resets won't yield high rewards, sure. But you're investing too much into XP in your argument. XP is a balancer, not a necessity.

You spent two days and then some on your first run. You'll probably spend that same time again on the second and third, but slowly you'll notice that you can spend less and less time to get to 80 each reset. On my fifth or sixth reset, I was able to get to level 80 in an hour and a half, and reset as soon as I got my first XP point. Past my tenth reset, I can now get to 92 in an hour. And it's all because of Idols, because I haven't gotten any Jeweled Chests yet (nor have I gotten any good rare equipment). There are other people who can go beyond level 100 in the first hour, thanks to constant resetting. It definitely makes you stronger over time.

The first XP, which is after five hours, will double your DPS on your Crusaders. For players in the early reset stages, the purpose is to allow them to reset almost immediately after getting one or two XP. But they should not be your main source of DPS, and will eventually not exist at all unless you leave the game for a long period of time (like sleeping, lol). But try not to rely on it too much. If you are using the right formations, you shouldn't need more than 5 XP even on your second or third playthroughs.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2015 at 2:09 AM
KatsuHoshiko
1-100 in 1 hour? I don't think you can. Unfortunately, the quests all must be done and this really hinders time and as fast as I instant kill everything at my point from 1-85, the quests take too long to carry out.

Lotus, the Idols are actually quite significant and I would argue the other side of why go deep when it takes longer with less reward? It's an inverse relationship that exponentially grows and typically not worth it.

I really enjoy the game, but it's getting to be a bit long simply because quests after a reset take too long to get through. Looking forward to new content though.

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2015 at 5:22 AM
Last Edited August 6th 2015 at 5:26 AM
Lloyd_Majere
Believe what you want, but this user in our chatroom has consistently reset at 92 in 55 minutes: http://postimg.org/image/uh5bjxbf5/

This user is lacking some key items that would make progress several minutes quicker. There are three walls between 1 and 100 - between 40 and 55, 65 and 75, and 85 to 100; if you aren't getting to 100 in an hour consider looking at how much these slow you down. Notice that in that image, the Gold Bonus of that user is only 3800%. Another user in our chat, the one I was referring to, has a Gold Bonus of around 8000%. Getting to 100 in an hour is very, very much possible.

I'm never going to exaggerate on a game based entirely on numbers. The numbers don't lie, regardless of what anyone says or thinks. >.>;;;; My own experience has proved all this to be true (as I can replicate the image above with my 5000% Gold Bonus), but if you don't believe me, I can only say you'll see for yourself when you get there.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2015 at 6:37 AM
KatsuHoshiko
No, no. 92 in 55 minutes is very plausible and I normally do it myself. It isn't a problem of gold bonus (although you need it to make sure you can still dps through everything), the problem is the quests. Other than a large bonus of say 7,800% like someone I know has and he gets his nate quite early on, there's no way to get to a higher level faster. I won't argue about the reset, but 1-100 is different.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2015 at 3:47 AM
Alternate
your crusaders are having to much idols to eat. :)