Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Buffs limit you to three rarities - Unintended Glitch?

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 5th 2015 at 6:17 AM
Lloyd_Majere
So, in our chat we've discovered that regardless of the rarity you are missing, you can only get three kinds of the four buffs for each type.

For example, I have the uncommon, rare, and epic buff of the instant-gold buff (Delorean, Time Turner, Quantum Leap), but I can't seem to get any copies of the common buff. For every other one, I have the Common, Uncommon, and Rare copies, but no epics.

Other people have said much the same thing; it doesn't seem like anyone is holding all four rarities at once. Someone brought up that this might be a glitch - maybe it's counting different rarities the same as a single character's equipment slots, thus limiting them to 3 each and preventing a fourth from dropping?

In any case, we're wondering if this was intentional. If it was, it may be possible to manipulate the epic drops from Jeweled Chests - if we have all the Common, Uncommon, and Rare buffs, and if Jeweled Chests don't give out instant-gold, then the epics from them MUST be equipment, no?

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 5th 2015 at 10:33 PM
Tamir Buchshtav
interesting concept, but trying to manipulate the system like that depends on how loot is determined.

if, for example, the system chooses loot by first determining item type and than rarity, then your system will eliminate the chance to get epic buffs for absolutely zero gain.

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2015 at 6:47 AM
Lloyd_Majere
Well, either they saw this and fixed it, or it was never broken and our room just had the weirdest string of luck. But I just opened a chest and now I carry all four of a single kind of buff. So case closed, lol.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 6th 2015 at 8:58 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Lloyd,

It wasn't a glitch, you just had a small sample size at the time.

Erika