Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Emo Werewolf

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2015 at 7:41 AM
Magram
Emo Werewolf seems to be quite a lackluster crusader.
I've been trying to find a formation to include him but to fully benefit from his abilities, he requires beasts around him which means he can't benefit from Sasha nor from Khouri, two of the best buffers currently.

To have the less diminishing returns from having beasts, placing Emo in a corner of the left-most row would make some sense.
Artaxes next to him for the first beasts is a given, for his ability to boost the row in from of him.

The problem lies with the beast to place in front of Emo.
There are three choices : Gold Panda, Dark Gryphon, and Fire Phoenix.

Gold Panda is only used to make money due to his lack of +DPS abilities so I don't see any benefit of using him to maximize DPS output.

Dark Gryphon is a sound choice but he "wastes" two abilities to decrease the damage received by the row in front of him and to increase the swordplay of Bush Whacker, meaning you need to invest lots of cash to make him on par with other crusaders' DPS.

The last one, Fire Phoenix, could do theoretically well but I see him most useful as the foremost crusader in the formation due to his first ability (that requires him to die to be activated, mind you).

Every permutation I tried, every different formations I've tried to include Emo were, at beast, 200 Q DPS behind my current formation, which is too much of a setback to include Mr.Werewolf.

Still, I would really like to have him in my formation.
Anyone had any luck finding a suitable home for the poor puppy ?

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2015 at 9:43 AM
Lloyd_Majere
I played around with it too, but I came up with the same result.

There are three possibilities for Emo's 200% boost: place him in the corner, he needs two animals, the center where he'd need six, or anywhere else where he'd need four. You can take out the six because that's not possible to use without an empty space, and is just really bad... yeah.

If you were to use a four-neighbor spot, you'd need to use four of Panda, Gryphon, Phoenix, Artaxes, and Sal, who should not count as a human. However, if you still wanted to stick with other strong buffers, you'd be down to 5 spaces. Having to pick between Sasha, The Princess, Jim, Nate, Natalie, and Khouri isn't really a good plan for your DPS. Plus, you have to make sure your formation would be better than the DPS of Merci, Thalia, and King, who would all get left behind (and who all have valuable abilities...).

Which leaves us with the three corners and two animals to block him. But... This means that regardless of which spot, Emo can't be buffed by both Sasha and Artaxes, so it's near impossible for him to match other's DPS. But let's see.

The front area would be a terrible spot for him, because you'd be cutting off two rows entirely, which means you lose a primary DPS column. The DPS loss from not being able to use Sasha AND Artaxes on the same row is more than you can regain from Emo alone.

But the back row faces the same problem: you must put an animal into the third row, which limits the DPS gain there. Normally you'd have Jim and 2 DPSers in the third row - but with one spot lost to an animal, you lose a primary DPSer. Sal might be a good fit here, but Merci and Nate, and later Natalie and Kaine will all outdo him. There's just no strong animals that early that will fit.

I need to play around with it again, because I want to see if you can make a concentrated back row instead of the third. Maybe the back row with Jim, Artaxes, and Emo, and Sal, Sasha, and Khouri in the third might do some good? But I just reset, so... gimme some time, lol.

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2015 at 6:58 PM
Elusion
Surprisingly Werewolf is one of the strongest DPSers and can carry the team.

This shows how and where to use him to peak performance (From what I've figured)

http://postimg.org/image/3s7n3aud9/

I run standard formation until I've leveled Werewolf to level 575 instead of leveling up Jim, then I swap into that for more DPS

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 5th 2015 at 5:33 AM
Lloyd_Majere
It's important to note what equipment you have there, Elusion. Equipment plays a pretty big role for end-game levels.

For example, none of my Crusaders have XP yet, so I'm roughly the same place you are in that screenshot, give or take a bit. My Jim is level 625, my Werewolf is level 600. Here's the comparison image:

http://i.imgur.com/IDifjv2.png

As you can see, my DPS goes down from my formation to yours, although I admit it's not by much. And Emo does, in fact, grow stronger than Jim, but at the cost of Khouri buffing all six places. However, I'm not getting anywhere near the massive gain you are. Even if I push Emo up to 625, that puts him at 10Q, but yours is at 50Q. So either you have equipment I don't have (I have the 50% increase cape on Emo, nothing else. I also have two 50%s on Jim) or you've leveled them both to high that 575, to what looks like 650 each.

However, I should say that that is the best Emo build I've seen so far.

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 5th 2015 at 5:38 AM
Elusion
I have been lucky enough to get a few +% on Gryphon and Sal, and Natalie... You might want to consider replacing Natalie with Nate for more %All? I have equip on Natalie that makes her better for me.... As far as equip goes, I have 75% enchant, 75% gear on Emo, and 100% Enchant, 125% gear on Jim...

Emo just seems to work better for me and as you pointed out, WW grows stronger than Jim so more upgrades = bigger gap.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 7:57 AM
Bashe
How about

https://gyazo.com/7c58a2cd862a4b09af9facd8ed16bd33

so Jim still gets a bit of extra bonus from WD and makes that 3-man line able to tank bosses a bit if need be. I don't have much gear, just a handful of idols so when Jim and Emo cost the same to upgrade the next batch of 25 Jim is always half the damage. IT makes a good back and forth of upgrading so far.

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 8:10 AM
Elusion
Meh, by doing that instead of Nate or Natalie, you lose the %All on Werewolf, making him Weaker. + Natalie has +Gold bonus item

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2015 at 8:13 AM
Bashe
I see well once i have a +gold item on natalie for sure i'll be using her. Thanks

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 15th 2015 at 5:04 PM
tunderguy
2--8
-6--10
3--9
1:panda for gold and dps boost (since they give 20% to all crusaders with code)
2:lion for +65% dps
3:princess
4:detective for gold bonus
5:emo (main DPS)
6:Sal or phenix (the one you give the most dps boost)
7: jim (second dps and boost to emo)
8: griphon to help protect number 10
9: sasha for rear dps boost
10: the most dps boost to all.

21 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2015 at 12:05 AM
NoName
I use the same formation as you do tunderguy with a single change. If i'm active i put kouri instead of sasha in boss fights as soon as my tank (natalie) loose life then put sasha back. But if i'm idling, i put kouri. This way the balance in strenght between regular and boss level is better.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2015 at 9:15 AM
Last Edited August 16th 2015 at 9:16 AM
Powerfrog
Does anyone have suggestions for emo wolf in the diamond formation? My hermit is really under equipped so emo wolf is my only real option, but I can't get Jim buff AND detective in the row of 3, not sure which one to sacrifice.

Currently my idea is:

---4---
-2---7-
1--5--9
-3---8
---6---

1 Princess
2 Nate
3 Lion
4 Detective
5 Sal
6 Emo
7 Sasha
8 Panda
9 Natalie

Maybe I could swap the detective for Jim specifically on bosses?

21 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2015 at 9:59 AM
NoName
For the diamond, compare to your formation :
_ remove Nate
_ put detective in 2 (can't bipass magnify and the loss in gold in not so important)
_ put jim at the place of kaine
_ change sal for griffon in front so you can switch sasha for kouri if you need.

This is the formation i used with diamond (removing natalie and griffon for battle ram, using sasha exclusively).

This is what i use for quick runs and what i used for campaign. However i have lots of idols so i can easily sacrify a spot for kaine and sasha.