Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
VIP and Respec Skills need some rethinking...

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2015 at 8:21 AM
Last Edited June 9th 2015 at 8:47 AM
Andaho
Currently, VIP is a massive pay-wall, and off-putting for many players, because to beat any high-tier missions (or for weaker characters, perhaps even the normal jungle missions!) it's essential that you are able respec, sometimes multiple times, to beat the enemies.

The only reason I buy VIP is because I need to respec all the time... and it's a grudge purchase, because it's very bad value for money, for a feature that is so essential to the gameplay, that it should be free.

My suggestions:

Keep Respec skills free for VIP, but reduce the cost of respecing skills to something small like 10 shardium for non-VIP players - a very small sum, but it would soon add up with how often players are required to respec! - I mean, just look at the logs at how many times a day I respec... I can't even begin to estimate how often it is!

Give VIP players 1 extra MP per day, and allow them to fish for an extra 20 stamina (or perhaps even just an extra 10 stamina).

Give VIP players an "auto-pick-up-loot" feature... one of the most annoying things in the game is waving your mouse over the items to pick them up. - This wouldn't affect any game-balance between free and VIP players, but adds value in convenience.

Add some items when a player buys VIP: like a HoT glyph, brotherhood tasks reset token, a MP reset pot, some shardium, a large gem chest, etc. As a loyalty bonus, perhaps each time you buy it the 'free' items could get larger/better... perhaps they could be given in a "VIP Chest" - when you buy VIP for the first month, you get 1 VIP chest, second time you buy it, you get 2, then 3 etc. - maybe cap it at a max of 5.

^^ Basically, VIP needs to be better value for money. Every time my VIP expires, I try to play without it, because it's such poor value for money. But I have to buy it very grudgingly because, as I said above, respecing more than a dozen times a day is essential to playing the game! But I'd be happy buying it if it gave more value for the money.

Purchases that players make grudgingly are not good for any game, because it negatively alters player's attitude to the game, until they eventually rage-quit.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2015 at 9:22 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Andaho,

Thank you for your suggestions.

VIP improvements are on our to-do list.

Erika

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2015 at 12:48 PM
SanaTex
Have to agree with Andaho on the VIP beein essential to beat higher tiers.

Started an alt after reaching max lever, and when i got to jungle i have to respec once or twice each run, since i dont have epics on him.