Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Ranger exploit in Arena

38 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 7th 2015 at 8:34 PM
Geoff Letkemann
I've noticed lately that a few players, Rangers, are taking advantage of an exploit in the game involving the skills Aim and Rapid Reload in the arena. They are able to somehow use them one after the other, often staying on top despite having much less Battle Rating than anyone else. I won't name any names. This skills are stacking somehow, and hits of 20k x 2 are being used against either myself or companions. This is without critical BTW. It's absolutely impossible to beat them, and it seems to be catching on, as more Rangers figure out how to take advantage of this. Please devs, fix this problem. I'd welcome in input from other players who have noticed this, and can provide more details than I can. I've never played a Ranger, but this is becoming a serious issue in the Arena in the last week or so. Something needs to be done.

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 7th 2015 at 8:52 PM
Elharith
I noticed when I fought one of these in the arena that rapid reload was the first skill the AI used, and it is supposed to require 15 energy in order to use, so I think there is definitely a problem. In addition, it appears that rather than resetting back to the original speed after it is used once, it is stacking on top of the first and subsequent uses, i.e., if one receives a 30% increase in speed at the first use, then the next use would be 30% on top of the original 30, rather than a new 30%, so at some point in battles the ranger is able to double and triple turn other players, even those with comparable base speed.

35 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2015 at 6:06 AM
Avyctes
Speed is still... weird, despite the changes that make Rapid Reload and Freeze actually do something. I have seen the behavior El describes once or twice, the speed bonus from that skill definitely sticks around. Same thing with freeze, once you get two of them in a row the opponent can take maybe one turn for every three or four I take for the rest of the fight.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2015 at 7:53 PM
Alanna
I have fought some people in the arena and right off the bat RR is used, I get hit 2 to 3 times then aim is used and i still get hit 2 to 3 times again. The thing is their battle rating is less then half of mine including speed so that should not be happening. The speed never disappears and RR is used without the other person even getting any energy before hand. With it stacking one on top of the other its making the fights not fair for everyone and also same with the ratings. This really needs to be fixed!!!

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 12th 2015 at 1:41 PM
Erika/Alyniana
This is fixed as of the update on Feb 10 2015.